this Board is a lot tamer than it used to be.

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

E

this Board is a lot tamer than it used to be.

Post by E »

i notice that a number of people have one and sometimes 2 yellow cards, presumably for being mean to other posters or otherwise inappropriate.

I'd be interested to know how long ago the last yellow card was handed out because it feels like everyone plays by the rules these days.
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

around an hour ago
Joel

Post by Joel »

It's a badge of honour for some posters.

Btw:
Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Members are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting and stay on-topic to the threads as much as possible
http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/rules.htm

Does that mean E gets a yellow? Just kidding. ;P
mandy

Re: this Board is a lot tamer than it used to be.

Post by mandy »

E wrote:I'd be interested to know how long ago the last yellow card was handed out because it feels like everyone plays by the rules these days.
Someone who started out yesterday with none now has 2.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

The Bigfooty Carlton site yellow carded me -an infraction !-for saying the Blues rorted and cheated the draft to win the flag. ! BADGE of honour for me, for sure. !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dr.Rock

Post by Dr.Rock »

Bring out the gimp !
In HAL we trust!
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

I don't post here much anymore, but when i did i had a knack of stirring up the natives.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

As a 10 year or so veteran of this site, i must admit in my early days i loved delivering a prod or two and seeing how the posters would react....

I even ran the weekly "Banner Time" thread some of you may remember, full of some of our more creative posters piss takes on the opposition we were playing that week.....

Now, i more or less just look at Nick's daily to see what the news is at the club. Generally, if something happens or is about to happen, i'll read it on Nicks before reading it on the mainstream news sites!

Everyone is so touchy these days it's hard to take a good old fashioned swipe at someone like we could back in the day :)

maybe i should start banner time again.... or at least search past banner times and have a nice little giggle at the jokes about Ben Cousins, Fevola and banner time's all time favourite.... Milne!

:shock:
Beware the swooping Magpie.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

Certainly, some of the more flamboyant posters of the past have been silenced or emigrated elsewhere; but then, I think we've had more than enough quality and mischievousness to replace them.

I certainly think Nick's is a more harmonious place nowadays, but that's hardly something to be ashamed of!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Captain_MyCaptain

Post by Captain_MyCaptain »

Well you know, Joffa is not around anymore.
The window is open my friend!
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

Joff is still around.

i remember these posters used to stir up some trouble on here (i think the first 4 were the same person), i am going back 5-10 yrs here. maybe they are still around. good for the lolz anyway.

Mick Plays Favourites
Mick's My Favourite
Women know more than Men
Clement
Frank Stone
Alec J Hiddell
Zeke
Tess
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Since when? In any case, That sounds sarcastic.
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

Entirely my fault. I stopped trolling, Nick's got boring.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Re: this Board is a lot tamer than it used to be.

Post by swoop42 »

E wrote:i notice that a number of people have one and sometimes 2 yellow cards, presumably for being mean to other posters or otherwise inappropriate.

I'd be interested to know how long ago the last yellow card was handed out because it feels like everyone plays by the rules these days.
How do you know?
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
frossmode

Post by frossmode »

I got two cards this week for being an honest and sweet poster. Someone had to come in with a broom and sweep up some of appalling dribble on here and i was that man. I've been singled our for unfair treatment by the gestapo. Let me at em.
HOT PIES