Can a thread be unlocked but no one can post in it?

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Can a thread be unlocked but no one can post in it?

Post by stui magpie »

Like for example, the great big Travis Cloke thread could be left unlocked for all intents and purposes, but everytime someone tried to post something in it and hit submit, it wouldn't work and when they went back to the thread, their post hadn't been posted?

When said poster then went to complain they could be told there was nothing wrong with the site, they should maybe check their browser settings, or run a malaware scan over their PC or sundry other distractions to confuse them.

If there is a way to do this, I heartily encourage the mods to experiment with this :P

Second suggestion, could someone tweak the swear filter so that every time someone typed Travis Cloke it was replaced with "Copeland Trophy winning Premiership Key Position Forward who will sign his contract when he's good and ready"

Both suggestions just to basically mess with peoples heads.

Mods have to have some fun some time too don't you?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

I can mod the board if they so desire
luvdids

Re: Can a thread be unlocked but no one can post in it?

Post by luvdids »

stui magpie wrote:Like for example, the great big Travis Cloke thread could be left unlocked for all intents and purposes, but everytime someone tried to post something in it and hit submit, it wouldn't work and when they went back to the thread, their post hadn't been posted?

When said poster then went to complain they could be told there was nothing wrong with the site, they should maybe check their browser settings, or run a malaware scan over their PC or sundry other distractions to confuse them.

If there is a way to do this, I heartily encourage the mods to experiment with this :P

Second suggestion, could someone tweak the swear filter so that every time someone typed Travis Cloke it was replaced with "Copeland Trophy winning Premiership Key Position Forward who will sign his contract when he's good and ready"
Both suggestions just to basically mess with peoples heads.

Mods have to have some fun some time too don't you?
Yes, please do this. That's a classic!!!
It confused me enough when there was something about cheese in VPT & I typed C.O.O.N. cheese & it came out as "I am racist cheese" :? :P
Joel

Post by Joel »