Collingwood Father Son and NGA Radar

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

[quote="rambopriscilla"]I can't help wondering how Jett Buckley's coming along.[/quote]

Perhaps thats a question for numb sculls on Big Footy???
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Dave The Man wrote:Stewart Played for Vic Metro on Saturday and had a very Quiet Game
Didn't Stewart play for Sandy on the weekend?
And kick 2 goals?? Or is there another Stewart
At Sandringham??
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

3rd degree wrote:What about Monkhurst's lad??
Which one, he has a tribe of them?

One had a heart op, another was playing for Box Hill Hawks.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
On the March
Been liked: 2 times

Post by On the March »

Saw this about Jackson Starcevich - what would the go be under father / son this year given he was overlooked last year?

http://www.neafl.com.au/index.php?id=16 ... f29b4f5d73
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

^ As far as I know, we can still take him through the regular process (we can nominate him this year, if another team bids, we have to decide whether or not to take him with our 1st rounder). I could be wrong, however, but I think that is the go.

There is, however, a 2nd option to get him: if Starcevich doesn't get nominated by us as a F/S and does not go in the draft, then we can take him with our last pick in the rookie draft, without having to go into a bidding contest.
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

MagpieBat wrote:^ As far as I know, we can still take him through the regular process (we can nominate him this year, if another team bids, we have to decide whether or not to take him with our 1st rounder). I could be wrong, however, but I think that is the go.

There is, however, a 2nd option to get him: if Starcevich doesn't get nominated by us as a F/S and does not go in the draft, then we can take him with our last pick in the rookie draft, without having to go into a bidding contest.
As he's already been through the draft (nominated and overlooked) I think we can pick him with our last rookie pick this year if we want.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

stui magpie wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:^ As far as I know, we can still take him through the regular process (we can nominate him this year, if another team bids, we have to decide whether or not to take him with our 1st rounder). I could be wrong, however, but I think that is the go.

As he's already been through the draft (nominated and overlooked) I think we can pick him with our last rookie pick this year if we want.
Be good if that is the case. Would save us some hassle. But the fact that we didn't go for him last year, might that suggest that we don't rate him?
On the March

Post by On the March »

Thanks guys seems like he might be worth a low risk selection or rookie. Has shown some improvement?
On the March

Post by On the March »

Look like getting Darcy Moore down to the club early - good idea!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

^ If I've got this right, then Darcy will be playing TAC Cup in 2013, then playing for Collingwood VFL in 2014, after which we draft him onto the senior list with our 1st rounder. Right?

If the boy is even half as good as his old man was, then we have ourselves a player all right.

Stewart. Moore. McKeown. Maybe even the son of Starcevich.

Some interesting F/S prospects on the horizon...
On the March

Post by On the March »

Sounds right to me MB!

and agreed if he is half as good as his old man he will be a good one. His father was an oustanding athletic ruckman and boy could he run and mark and kick a goal!
neil
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by neil »

Darcy is already taller than his father!!!
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
hotpiesnolies

Post by hotpiesnolies »

neil wrote:Darcy is already taller than his father!!!
how tall?
Yet to think of anything smart to write here, stay posted.....
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

hotpiesnolies wrote:
neil wrote:Darcy is already taller than his father!!!
how tall?
Taller than his dad. :P
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Peter Moore was 198cm.

Darcy was 198 at the end of last year, so if he's talller than his dad, he may grow (or may have already grown) beyond 200cm.

At just 16 years old.

:shock:

If he's anywhere near what his father was at his peak, we will have a real weapon on our hands...