Welcome to Collingwood, Derek Hine

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

thebaldfacts wrote:That guy from Geelong goes alright too. Much quicker than our Hine.
Different set of circumstances. In one sense it's not comparig apples with apples.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
RudeBoy
Been liked: 89 times

Post by RudeBoy »

If we land Treloar, Aish and Howe, we will be a stronger team. However, let's not get carried away. Of those 3 only Treloar is a definite starter in our best 22. Remember, we will haven given up 2 first round draft picks for Treloar, which is a big price to pay. So I'll be happy with the result, but my enthusiasm is tempered by knowledge that we've paid top price for Treloar.
mattys123

Post by mattys123 »

RudeBoy wrote:If we land Treloar, Aish and Howe, we will be a stronger team. However, let's not get carried away. Of those 3 only Treloar is a definite starter in our best 22. Remember, we will haven given up 2 first round draft picks for Treloar, which is a big price to pay. So I'll be happy with the result, but my enthusiasm is tempered by knowledge that we've paid top price for Treloar.
Aish will walk into our side, we lack midfield depth, and we do over rate some of our players, heck we finished 12th last year, not 2nd.

Plenty of room in our best 22 for all 3 I reckon, if we want to improve that is.

If we get all 3 we've had as good a trade period as we could have had.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

thebaldfacts wrote:That guy from Geelong goes alright too. Much quicker than our Hine.
You can only get a deal done as fast as the other party wants it to, the Dangerfield deal wasn't a fast deal at all, it started long before trade week and they finally gave in and offered up the deal.

The Blues pretty much wanted rid of Henderson they got a first rounder next year for him, so they would have been silly not to have taken that and ran.

Trades take their time to get done, usually one side will keep another waiting just to service their own ego. Much like the Lions, they beat their chest and act all tough then they gave in now they'll probably make this drag out a bit to look like they're not pushovers.
thompsoc

Re: on Hine

Post by thompsoc »

think better wrote:Hine is the Gandalf of recruiting. If he pulls off the deals to get Treloar, Aish and Howe he deserves great praise and we should give him the ring of power.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... kbews.html
Both Aish and Treloar have nominated Collingwood so it isn't hard
to land a fish when that happens!
Two top draft picks for Treloar so he isn't a bargain and who knows what
sort of pick Aish is worth.
So 2 first round draft picks walk out on us and if we are lucky we will get some second round picks for them!
And yes Hine is a genius!
Everyone keeps telling me that but it doesn't line up with reality!
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
droversdog65

Post by droversdog65 »

Thommo it is what it is mate, couple of best 22 walk and a couple of better 22 arrive.

Swings and roundabouts.

The trick is to recognize the possibilities and take advantage.

So far Hine is in credit.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

RudeBoy wrote:If we land Treloar, Aish and Howe, we will be a stronger team. However, let's not get carried away. Of those 3 only Treloar is a definite starter in our best 22. Remember, we will haven given up 2 first round draft picks for Treloar, which is a big price to pay. So I'll be happy with the result, but my enthusiasm is tempered by knowledge that we've paid top price for Treloar.
If Aish can stay uninjured you won't be saying that after you see his first half dozen games with Collingwood. Howe though will either be a great success or a big flop.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

droversdog65 wrote:Thommo it is what it is mate, couple of best 22 walk and a couple of better 22 arrive.

Swings and roundabouts.

The trick is to recognize the possibilities and take advantage.

So far Hine is in credit.
At least that is a reasonable comment.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

Howe will be an enormous pick in my humble opinion. He provides real X factor when up forward and across half back is very, very good.
Genesis 1:1
mackasmatt

Post by mackasmatt »

I think we will definitely get all three players across. I think it is going to come at an extremely high price, but if we make finals in 2016 and snare a Premiership within 5 it wont matter.
------------
----------
MAGPIES '18
----------
------------
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

mattys123 wrote:
Aish will walk into our side, we lack midfield depth, and we do over rate some of our players, heck we finished 12th last year, not 2nd.

Plenty of room in our best 22 for all 3 I reckon, if we want to improve that is.

If we get all 3 we've had as good a trade period as we could have had.
Who is Overrated and who Would Aish get a Game Ahead?
I am Da Man
Robbie

Robbo does it Again.

Post by Robbie »

Mark Robinson has made his career out of sticking it to Collingwood and I admire his belief that good journalism was not going to be in his future therefore he needed something else, and hating Collingwood will provide you with a following. I believe most of us had written Robbo off years ago as appealing to the Yobbo in the outer that hates everything to do with the Magpies. This doesn't explain his need to criticise players that haven't even played in the famous Black and White Stripes and yet may in the near future. His piece on Howe yesterday was predictably negative because of his potential move to the Holden Centre and a great opportunity for Robbo to name every player that moved to Collingwood as duds with a couple of exceptions. Robbo rises to the bait Bucks throws at him on the 360 program so easily you would have thought a friend, if he has any, would provide counsel on the pitfalls of being so quick to react. Am I being unfair or do you agree with me that he has taken his hate for Collingwood to such lengths he has become a joke; a parody of his public persona.
Happiness is being a Collingwood Football Club Member! Euphoria is watching the Pies win the Premiership!
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

Even Robbo's mum thinks he's a flog
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Deja Vu wrote:Even Robbo's mum knows he's a flog
EFA
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Robbo does it Again.

Post by Dave The Man »

Robbie wrote:Mark Robinson has made his career out of sticking it to Collingwood and I admire his belief that good journalism was not going to be in his future therefore he needed something else, and hating Collingwood will provide you with a following. I believe most of us had written Robbo off years ago as appealing to the Yobbo in the outer that hates everything to do with the Magpies. This doesn't explain his need to criticise players that haven't even played in the famous Black and White Stripes and yet may in the near future. His piece on Howe yesterday was predictably negative because of his potential move to the Holden Centre and a great opportunity for Robbo to name every player that moved to Collingwood as duds with a couple of exceptions. Robbo rises to the bait Bucks throws at him on the 360 program so easily you would have thought a friend, if he has any, would provide counsel on the pitfalls of being so quick to react. Am I being unfair or do you agree with me that he has taken his hate for Collingwood to such lengths he has become a joke; a parody of his public persona.
Then he sticks up for his Peptide Bummers.

Double Standerds not much
I am Da Man