Welcome to Collingwood, Derek Hine

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

droversdog65

Post by droversdog65 »

Dave mate let them whinge and whine.

Remember a great Pie once said . . .

"It was like millions of mealy mouthed voices cried out in the darkness and were suddenly silenced . . . ." or words to that effect.

Such will be the clamour when the rest of the football world realizes we snagged Treloar, Aish and Howe . . . possibly even Finlayson.

There are only two types of supporters mate . . . those who support Collingwood and those rejected ;)
E

Post by E »

Dave The Man wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:If we land Treloar, Aish and Howe, we will be a stronger team. However, let's not get carried away. Of those 3 only Treloar is a definite starter in our best 22. Remember, we will haven given up 2 first round draft picks for Treloar, which is a big price to pay. So I'll be happy with the result, but my enthusiasm is tempered by knowledge that we've paid top price for Treloar.
Aish will walk into our side, we lack midfield depth, and we do over rate some of our players, heck we finished 12th last year, not 2nd.

Plenty of room in our best 22 for all 3 I reckon, if we want to improve that is.

If we get all 3 we've had as good a trade period as we could have had.
Who is Overrated and who Would Aish get a Game Ahead?
I agree Aish walks into our best 22 once he gets to his peak. If we get Aish, Howe and treloar, here is your magpies best 22.

Williams Brown Langdon
Scharenberg Reid Pendles
Varcoe Adams Sidebottom
Elliot Cloke Swan
Fas Moore Howe

Grundy Treloar De Goey

Crisp Greenwood Aish Broomhead

Lots of unlucky people, including Witts, Frost, Marsh, Maynard, Ramsay, Goldsack, Blair. Toovey, Sinclair, White, Macaffer, Goodyear, Finlayson

Pretty Good list of 35 players. If we could somehow parlay all our second round picks into a top 10 pick this year, I think that would round off a nice group of 36 players.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Mark Robinson has the energy levels of "Anthony Rocca attempting repeat sprints". He peaks by about July then traditionally has a week off with some bullshit cough/hangover/gout/flu that requires hospitalisation and then returns with half baked articles and irrational commentaries.

Hey listen to his lazy/disinterested trade podcasts via superfooty. All the energy of a bloke who wants to be in "Inverloch" on Summer retreat having his 9th pint before midday!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
ThePieMind

Re: on Hine

Post by ThePieMind »

thompsoc wrote:
think better wrote:Hine is the Gandalf of recruiting. If he pulls off the deals to get Treloar, Aish and Howe he deserves great praise and we should give him the ring of power.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... kbews.html
Both Aish and Treloar have nominated Collingwood so it isn't hard
to land a fish when that happens!
Two top draft picks for Treloar so he isn't a bargain and who knows what
sort of pick Aish is worth.
So 2 first round draft picks walk out on us and if we are lucky we will get some second round picks for them!
And yes Hine is a genius!
Everyone keeps telling me that but it doesn't line up with reality!

You are naive if you believe that Aish and Treloar just woke up one day and thought - Jeez I'd love to play with Collingwood.

There is genius behind the scenes that Hine and Buckley are responsible for.

PS: we pay market rates - if Richmond didnt up the anti with 2 first rounders for Treloar we would not have needed to up our bid.

Wells, your poster child at Geel, gave up a 1st rounder for the spud Henderson. Now that's seriously overs!

So pull your head-in sport, your anti Hine campaign is tiresome.
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

^ this.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

ThePieMind wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
think better wrote:Hine is the Gandalf of recruiting. If he pulls off the deals to get Treloar, Aish and Howe he deserves great praise and we should give him the ring of power.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... kbews.html
Both Aish and Treloar have nominated Collingwood so it isn't hard
So 2 first round draft picks walk out on us and if we are lucky we will get some second round picks for them!

You are naive if you believe that Aish and Treloar just woke up one day and thought - Jeez I'd love to play with Collingwood.

PS: we pay market rates - if Richmond didnt up the anti with 2 first rounders for Treloar we would not have needed to up our bid.

Wells, your poster child at Geel, gave up a 1st rounder for the spud Henderson. Now that's seriously overs!

I love comedy from the monty python school!
Last edited by thompsoc on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

^
^

This.

Geelong are delusional if they think that Henderson and Dangerfield will put them back in the Premiership Window. And as for Selwood.... He just a dud.

They should re-draft Fev cos this is Brisbane all over again.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Damien wrote:^
^

This.

Geelong are delusional if they think that Henderson and Dangerfield will put them back in the Premiership Window. And as for Selwood.... He just a dud.

And Geelong have done really badly in the last 10 years!
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Just saying their over estimating where they are. And if they are on the cusp of another flag tilt why wouldn't you give Steve j another 12 months?
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

thompsoc wrote:
Damien wrote:^
^

This.

And Geelong have done really badly in the last 10 years!
That's his point, just like post '04 Brisbane (A team that had a good 6-7 years contesting at the top), the Cats think they've still got it. They're the 38 year old bird out at a Uni bar trying to pick up. They're finished, they don't know it yet and instead of starting on a serious rebuild they're desperately trying to hang on to past glories.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Why should they?
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Maybe Geelong are barking up the wrong tree.
I don't know.
But a lot of footy scribes think they are on the right track.
Only time will tell with them and us.
My point has been consistent for the last few years.
In reality we have got nowhere.
We have some potential and that is it.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 89 times

Post by RudeBoy »

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:If we land Treloar, Aish and Howe, we will be a stronger team. However, let's not get carried away. Of those 3 only Treloar is a definite starter in our best 22. Remember, we will haven given up 2 first round draft picks for Treloar, which is a big price to pay. So I'll be happy with the result, but my enthusiasm is tempered by knowledge that we've paid top price for Treloar.
If Aish can stay uninjured you won't be saying that after you see his first half dozen games with Collingwood. Howe though will either be a great success or a big flop.
Aish is obviously rated highly by the Pies, but my observation of his standing is based on him struggling to get a senior game this season with the Lions, the second worse team in the comp. I expect him to step up and become a good player for us, but he'll have to earn his spot to jump past our current midfield group of Pendles, Treloar, Sidey, Adams, Greenwood and Crisp.
Presti35
Has liked: 226 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by Presti35 »

ThePieMind wrote:You are naive if you believe that Aish and Treloar just woke up one day and thought - Jeez I'd love to play with Collingwood.
I'd just like to say that I've woken up on many occasions and thought this.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
ThePieMind

Post by ThePieMind »

thompsoc wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
thompsoc wrote: Both Aish and Treloar have nominated Collingwood so it isn't hard

I love comedy from the monty python school!
Fortunately, my material does not reach the comedic heights of yours on this forum.