Welcome to Collingwood, Derek Hine

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Re: on Hine

Post by watt price tully »

Presti35 wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:You are naive if you believe that Aish and Treloar just woke up one day and thought - Jeez I'd love to play with Collingwood.
I'd just like to say that I've woken up on many occasions and thought this.
:lol: :lol:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

ThePieMind wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
You are naive if you believe that Aish and Treloar just woke up one day and thought - Jeez I'd love to play with Collingwood.

There is genius behind the scenes that Hine and Buckley are responsible for.

PS: we pay market rates - if Richmond didnt up the anti with 2 first rounders for Treloar we would not have needed to up our bid.

Wells, your poster child at Geel, gave up a 1st rounder for the spud Henderson. Now that's seriously overs!

So pull your head-in sport, your anti Hine campaign is tiresome.
I love comedy from the monty python school!
Fortunately, my material does not reach the comedic heights of yours on this forum.
A little hint
If you don't want a stupid response then don't make a personal comment.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

RudeBoy wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:If we land Treloar, Aish and Howe, we will be a stronger team. However, let's not get carried away. Of those 3 only Treloar is a definite starter in our best 22. Remember, we will haven given up 2 first round draft picks for Treloar, which is a big price to pay. So I'll be happy with the result, but my enthusiasm is tempered by knowledge that we've paid top price for Treloar.
If Aish can stay uninjured you won't be saying that after you see his first half dozen games with Collingwood. Howe though will either be a great success or a big flop.
Aish is obviously rated highly by the Pies, but my observation of his standing is based on him struggling to get a senior game this season with the Lions, the second worse team in the comp. I expect him to step up and become a good player for us, but he'll have to earn his spot to jump past our current midfield group of Pendles, Treloar, Sidey, Adams, Greenwood and Crisp.
Aish had surgery in the middle of the season on his finger. He also hated Brisbane. Not sure this year he was ever going to play his best...
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
ThePieMind

Post by ThePieMind »

thompsoc wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
thompsoc wrote: I love comedy from the monty python school!
Fortunately, my material does not reach the comedic heights of yours on this forum.
A little hint
If you don't want a stupid response then don't make a personal comment.
Its the inevitable consequence of continuous negativity devoid of either insight or objectivity - so the ball is in your court.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Oh yes Mr pieman you are the expert.
Again, you just don't understand much about
the way you should post on this board.
So lets end this little episode because it is
not about you or me.
I would love to let lose but in the interest of other
posters I will keep quiet.
But I will have more to say on Hine very soon.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

thompsoc wrote:Maybe Geelong are barking up the wrong tree.
I don't know.
But a lot of footy scribes think they are on the right track.
Only time will tell with them and us.
My point has been consistent for the last few years.
In reality we have got nowhere.
We have some potential and that is it.
Henderson is a bigger spud than cameron wood, and duckwoods bro is a peaheart piss weak skanker, pussies are barking up wrong tree now, finally the shit may hit the fan down at sleepy hollow. :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

thompsoc wrote:Oh yes Mr pieman you are the expert.
not about you or me.
Oh come on thompsoc, let it rip; we haven't had a real entertaining battle here since E and Pa Marmo went at it a few years back. I'm sure there'd be a conga line willing to take you on!
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 29 times

Post by think better »

The complexity of the Howe deal is interesting. I think it shows that Hine can deal with most clubs well - makes the Brisbane stand off more interesting. I think Brisbane is gun shy after handing over Crisp who has turned out to be a gun player.

My view is that Kennedy and Seedsman for Howe is not a bad deal. Seedsman has some glimpses of being good but is too inconsistent while we have other players like Kennedy. We don't have anyone like Howe and whether he plays up field or in the forward line he offers some X factor we are lacking. Pick 68 is no more or less value than about pick 40 this year by all accounts.
I think therefore I think - I think
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

once the treloar deal goes down then everything else should fall into place. looks like we'll get airsh, it's just a matter of what happens regarding picks and the possible involvement of other clubs and what they have to offer in the likelihood a multi-club deal goes down.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Neil Appleby wrote:
thompsoc wrote:Oh yes Mr pieman you are the expert.
not about you or me.
Oh come on thompsoc, let it rip; we haven't had a real entertaining battle here since E and Pa Marmo went at it a few years back. I'm sure there'd be a conga line willing to take you on!
Yes Neil
There would be more than a conga line!
It would be a Tsunami of Posters.
I would love to battle it out but my generals ( the Mods ) have me in chains!
Set me free!!!!!!!!
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:Maybe Geelong are barking up the wrong tree.
I don't know.
But a lot of footy scribes think they are on the right track.
Only time will tell with them and us.
My point has been consistent for the last few years.
In reality we have got nowhere.
We have some potential and that is it.
Henderson is a bigger spud than cameron wood, and duckwoods bro is a peaheart piss weak skanker, pussies are barking up wrong tree now, finally the shit may hit the fan down at sleepy hollow. :P
Very funny!
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

think better wrote:The complexity of the Howe deal is interesting. I think it shows that Hine can deal with most clubs well - makes the Brisbane stand off more interesting. I think Brisbane is gun shy after handing over Crisp who has turned out to be a gun player.

My view is that Kennedy and Seedsman for Howe is not a bad deal. Seedsman has some glimpses of being good but is too inconsistent while we have other players like Kennedy. We don't have anyone like Howe and whether he plays up field or in the forward line he offers some X factor we are lacking. Pick 68 is no more or less value than about pick 40 this year by all accounts.
Well said on Brishits.

Yes, Howe is what we didn't have and needed to have. Go PIES!
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 29 times

Post by think better »

Well done to Hine and co on getting Treloar - now for Aish!
I think therefore I think - I think
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Well done to Hine on landing the biggest fish of the trade period (Dangerfield was ever only going to one club).

#inhinewetrust
Well done boys!
Captain_MyCaptain

Post by Captain_MyCaptain »

think better wrote:The complexity of the Howe deal is interesting. I think it shows that Hine can deal with most clubs well - makes the Brisbane stand off more interesting. I think Brisbane is gun shy after handing over Crisp who has turned out to be a gun player.

I wouldn't say Crisp has turned out to be a gun player per se but in an average team like Collingwood then yes a star but then consider him at Hawthorn and I reckon he'd struggle to get a game. Of course if Leppitsch had given him game time Crisp would still be there.
Cheers.
The window is open my friend!