What made you sad today?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

ronrat wrote:Got Tukky back. I walked past the pet grooming place we use and the owner saw her walking along the road. So he called her over and locked her up. He wanted nothing so I got him some bottles of Chang and will get him a lottery ticket. I won't kiss him as he bats for the other side.
That's great news RR - you must be so relieved!!
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

I couldn't have been luckier. Because of tick bites she is a little cold but I got her a black and white gingham dress. The neighbourhood all know her now.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.

Post by 5150 »

ronrat wrote:Got Tukky back. I walked past the pet grooming place we use and the owner saw her walking along the road. So he called her over and locked her up. He wanted nothing so I got him some bottles of Chang and will get him a lottery ticket. I won't kiss him as he bats for the other side.
Good news RR.

Didn't know Thailand had a cricket team though?
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

5150 wrote:
Good news RR.

Didn't know Thailand had a cricket team though?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thailand_ ... icket_team
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

The murder of remote area nurse Gayle Woodford :(

Such a wonderful woman, such a senseless waste of a life well lived and even harder given it was ended by a gutless thug!

Vale Gayle
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Morrigu wrote:The murder of remote area nurse Gayle Woodford :(

Such a wonderful woman, such a senseless waste of a life well lived and even harder given it was ended by a gutless thug!

Vale Gayle
Sad & shocking news.

Vale Gale indeed.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

watt price tully wrote:
Morrigu wrote:The murder of remote area nurse Gayle Woodford :(

Vale Gayle
Sad & shocking news.

Vale Gale indeed.
This is the type of bastard that should be called out by an AOTY and not a 12 year old school girl. This criminal event will have a significant impact on the Indigineous rural health issues for years.And rural health in general. If I hear any sympathy for the cockroach who did this I will spew
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Yeah I wasn't around a telly or radio yesterday, just saw this today, I knew she was missing, that's just so bloody awful. For everyone, and will set the community back how much? May the bastard rot in jail.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

It depends on the environmental factors.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

I had a dream last night that Donald Trump died and the USA fell into widespread civil disturbances and riots.

When I woke up it felt so real I had to check the news. I hope I'm not a prophet. :lol:
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

Do you dream about Donald Trump often? ;) :lol:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Wokko wrote:I had a dream last night that Donald Trump died and the USA fell into widespread civil disturbances and riots.

When I woke up it felt so real I had to check the news. I hope I'm not a prophet. :lol:
What month does this happen? Do you get a say in it?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

David wrote:Do you dream about Donald Trump often? ;) :lol:
:lol: Nope, never before. Might be spending a little too much time on primary coverage and Drudge Report. Or, I've seen the future.... :lol:
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:
Wokko wrote:I had a dream last night that Donald Trump died and the USA fell into widespread civil disturbances and riots.

What month does this happen? Do you get a say in it?
Between months 6 and 9 of his Presidency is when he gets shot.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I have never considered get a say in it . I spend all my time online.