Welcome to Collingwood, Derek Hine

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

Another sacking!

Wise man once say.....

"He who bet on every horse in the race will indeed pick a winner, but for the most part, he is largely ....a loser"

he also said......

"Man who put cream in tart not always the baker"....... But I digress from my point.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

didick wrote:Can't believe Cripps went at 13 in 2013 when we picked Shaz and Freeman. Shaz may be as good in time.
Was Freeman rated as highly as a player, or did we pick him because of his speed?
We desperately needed speed. Unfortunately we still do. Varcoe when at full flight at least gives us something.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Post by Bob Sugar »

John Wren wrote:i would have thought a nick's poll would do the trick. we do polls well here. only need 47 votes to attain a majority.
China say the same thing about our general elections:
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

September Zeros wrote:
didick wrote:Can't believe Cripps went at 13 in 2013 when we picked Shaz and Freeman. Shaz may be as good in time.
Was Freeman rated as highly as a player, or did we pick him because of his speed?
We desperately needed speed. Unfortunately we still do. Varcoe when at full flight at least gives us something.
Yes he's done well considering he's the clubs token black fella, and don't get mad, y'all know its true, but if you want to debate it tell me how many indigenous players Hine has drafted in his 10 years at Collingwood.
Last edited by Bob Sugar on Fri May 13, 2016 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Defender...........

You like this.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Bob Sugar wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Yes he's done well considering he's the clubs token black fella, and don't get mad, y'all know its true.
Well said Bob
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
September Zeros

Bob Sugar wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Yes he's done well considering he's the clubs token black fella, and don't get mad, y'all know its true, but if you want to debate it tell me how many indigenous players Hine has drafted in his 10 years at Collingwood.
I'll leave the "token" part out of my discussion. But I agree we seem to miss out on the magic that the countries indigenous talent can bring into a team. Sadly our checkered past does not assist us in this area.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Post by thompsoc »

jackcass wrote:Just what we need really, some newby coming along regurgitating every negative baseless asinine thought ever expressed on Nicks as a new thread... that'll be fun!
Gee Jackcass it is newbie not newby.
Showing your age there old boy.
Put him on ignore so I don't have to read your negative asinine thoughts about him.
Redlight

Post by Redlight »

thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:Just what we need really, some newby coming along regurgitating every negative baseless asinine thought ever expressed on Nicks as a new thread... that'll be fun!
Put him on ignore so I don't have to read your negative asinine thoughts about him.
I think, in this case, that the correct spelling of 'newbie' is actually T. R. O. L. L.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Redlight wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
I think, in this case, that the correct spelling of 'newbie' is actually T. R. O. L. L.
Oh Relight, stop taking those anger pills.
Stop, chill out and smell the roses.
Last edited by thompsoc on Fri May 13, 2016 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

Bob Sugar wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Yagmoor, Krakour, Tony Armstrong. Next.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
Jez07

Post by Jez07 »

Our best KPP players are Brown, Reid, Moore & Cloke. 3 of those 4 have been on our list for 10 years, Moore was always going to be a F/S.

Pendlebury, Sidebottom & Treloar are our 3 best mids. One was taken in 05', the other in 08' and we paid way overs in the trade period for the other.

If you review Hine's performance, he has been an unmitigated failure for years.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

This assessment requires a degree of hindsight - 5 other teams had picks between Scharenberg and Cripps.

I have no idea why Collingwood drafted Scharenberg (that maybe become clear if he is ever able to get on the park for a consistent period) but it was obvious that they wanted Freeman for line-breaking run - Cripps has assets but that's not one of them. Freeman did look to have it, when he was recruited - although we may never (for which, read, "hopefully we won't, now he's gone to St Kilda") see that at senior level, given his injuries.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

ronrat wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
September Zeros wrote: We desperately needed speed. Unfortunately we still do. Varcoe when at full flight at least gives us something.
Yagmoor, Krakour, Tony Armstrong. Next.
Which one of those was drafted again?
Defender...........

You like this.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Pies4shaw wrote:
This assessment requires a degree of hindsight - 5 other teams had picks between Scharenberg and Cripps.

I have no idea why Collingwood drafted Scharenberg (that maybe become clear if he is ever able to get on the park for a consistent period) but it was obvious that they wanted Freeman for line-breaking run - Cripps has assets but that's not one of them. Freeman did look to have it, when he was recruited - although we may never (for which, read, "hopefully we won't, now he's gone to St Kilda") see that at senior level, given his injuries.
i point to the wailing about the welfare (and their miraculously perfect list) and why we have no half back flankers who can deliver the ball cleanly.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Jez07

Post by Jez07 »

Scharenberg was drafted to fit a need but you never take risks in regards to injured players with your high end picks.

As soon as he was drafted, Scharenberg had to have two bones taken out in his kicking foot.

The 2013 draft has really been a failure.