Welcome to Collingwood, Derek Hine

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

JamesJ

Post by JamesJ »

The last A Grader we drafted was Beams and Hine paid through the nose with Treloar. Our trading and drafting has been diabolical for years.

Hine is very overated.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

JamesJ wrote:The last A Grader we drafted was Beams and Hine paid through the nose with Treloar. Our trading and drafting has been diabolical for years.

Hine is very overated.
List them and discuss what you think was wrong and what Hine should have done better, case by case, selection by selection, year by year. Otherwise, just give it a rest.

This same stupid claim you are now making has been done to death, repeatedly, for years on this Board. Every time it is scrutinised, it finishes up looking empty. I can't be bothered analysing the selections (yet again) year by year and looking at the alternatives - because I have realised that posters in your camp aren't interested in debating the issue, just making the unsustainable assertion, apparently to ruin any possibility of intelligent or thoughtful debate about the Club.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

5 from the wing on debut wrote:Is Hine good at his job or not? I don't know. Much as I take the same position about Buckley, it is because of the injury situation. If Scharenberg, Broomhead, Young and Freeman et al all had a couple of years of good consistent football behind them we may know the answer. I can't explain Russell, Armstrong or Golds though.
It is a contentious point about whether he is good or not.
see the link to the topic I first posted in 2014 and read through that.
Please don't bump it, as I couldn't stand another discussion about Hine

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopi ... &start=150
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
JamesJ

Post by JamesJ »

He is a very overrated recruiter. I laugh when I see the term, In Hine We Trust.

Take last year for example. It took him weeks to do the Treloar deal and he gave GWS Pick 7 and currently Pick 5.

He then went to the draft and picked up a kid who is at best a Rookie List selection at 32 who played in a second rate school competition and only 2 TAC Cup games.

The only thing he has to hang his hat onto is Mason Cox. Cox recently said he went to Collingwood because of the facilities and Craig McRae.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Again, anecdotal slime. Thus, I repeat:
Pies4shaw wrote:List them and discuss what you think was wrong and what Hine should have done better, case by case, selection by selection, year by year. Otherwise, just give it a rest.

This same stupid claim you are now making has been done to death, repeatedly, for years on this Board. Every time it is scrutinised, it finishes up looking empty. I can't be bothered analysing the selections (yet again) year by year and looking at the alternatives - because I have realised that posters in your camp aren't interested in debating the issue, just making the unsustainable assertion, apparently to ruin any possibility of intelligent or thoughtful debate about the Club.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Hes been good, but has been there for a fair while. Now, lets get OUR man Graham Wright back off the piss and poo, hes done them wonders with their lists, get him back a s a p. !!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
JamesJ

Post by JamesJ »

Piesnchess wrote:Hes been good, but has been there for a fair while. Now, lets get OUR man Graham Wright back off the piss and poo, hes done them wonders with their lists, get him back a s a p. !!
Forget Wright. He will never come back to Collingwood whilst Buckley is at the club. He blames Buckley for breaking up some of the 90' squad and taunted him onfield in 93 when Buckley was rumoured to be going to Collingwood. They hate each other.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Piesnchess wrote:Hes been good, but has been there for a fair while. Now, lets get OUR man Graham Wright back off the piss and poo, hes done them wonders with their lists, get him back a s a p. !!
What about ... (drum roll) ... Jason Taylor?
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

JamesJ wrote:He is a very overrated recruiter. I laugh when I see the term, In Hine We Trust.

Take last year for example. It took him weeks to do the Treloar deal and he gave GWS Pick 7 and currently Pick 5.

He then went to the draft and picked up a kid who is at best a Rookie List selection at 32 who played in a second rate school competition and only 2 TAC Cup games.
To be more accurate, we did get a second round pick from the Treloar Trade which is still of value.
Also, Sier was a bottom age player and would be playing TAC cup again this year. Can't knock that trade until you give him about 2-3 years.
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
RudeBoy
Been liked: 90 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Hine has done a reasonable job, but he's been in the role for a long time and I reckon it's time we looked to find someone better. I suspect Gabby Allan is working with Perty and Ed to shake our footy department up. That's got to be a good thing.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

thompsoc wrote:
mattys123 wrote:If he has another club lined up already then he isn't being shafted, if anything he's choosing to leave.
Well Hine once said "I get the cattle but it is up to the Club to turn them out."
Maybe he is unhappy the way his prized picks have been trained up.
Just saying but I wouldn't know.
As per usual, yet another example of you posting silly bloody stuff without any evidence to support your pure speculation.... :roll:

If you don't know, ASK, just don't crap on dude.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

JamesJ wrote:
Forget Wright. He will never come back to Collingwood whilst Buckley is at the club. He blames Buckley for breaking up some of the 90' squad and taunted him onfield in 93 when Buckley was rumoured to be going to Collingwood. They hate each other.
Lies both seen drinking Green Tea on Manly beach yesterday!
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Lazza wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
mattys123 wrote:If he has another club lined up already then he isn't being shafted, if anything he's choosing to leave.
Well Hine once said "I get the cattle but it is up to the Club to turn them out."
Maybe he is unhappy the way his prized picks have been trained up.
Just saying but I wouldn't know.
As per usual, yet another example of you posting silly bloody stuff without any evidence to support your pure speculation.... :roll:

So now Lazza we can't speculate?
Pure facts only.
Get a grip Lazza.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
themonk

Post by themonk »

JamesJ wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah I know, Starcevich & Lehmann for Buckley. I'm sure Graham is still wondering till this day, 23 years later, Pies were robbed.

:roll:
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

thompsoc wrote:
Lazza wrote:
thompsoc wrote: Well Hine once said "I get the cattle but it is up to the Club to turn them out."
Maybe he is unhappy the way his prized picks have been trained up.Just saying but I wouldn't know.

So now Lazza we can't speculate?
Pure facts only.
Get a grip Lazza.
Nah, you have the right to do anything here........... :roll: Go right ahead dude. Always negative, even with pure speculation.

You don't ever do balanced factual views here anyway so why bother starting now....... :shock:
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!