Welcome to Collingwood, Derek Hine

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MP magpie

Post by MP magpie »

Been a good ride Mr. Hine. Enjoy ninthmond.

PS. Feel free to trade for Cloke.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

mattys123 wrote:If he has another club lined up already then he isn't being shafted, if anything he's choosing to leave.
Could he think with Gubby being Brought in. That he is getting Pushed Out?
I am Da Man
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

Be nice to get Wrighty back, very nice indeed!
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

RudeBoy wrote:Hine has done a reasonable job, but he's been in the role for a long time and I reckon it's time we looked to find someone better. I suspect Gabby Allan is working with Perty and Ed to shake our footy department up. That's got to be a good thing.
I could say the same thing about Pert and Eddie
I am Da Man
themonk

Post by themonk »

Bob Sugar wrote:
AnthonyC wrote:Talk about re-gurgitation of the SOS.

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=79521

and I say again,

Have a look at : http://www.afl.com.au/draft/draft-history

Go back to 2009, and then forward from there, and have a look at players after our picks (that were not rookie elevations), and how many stars do you see that came after our picks in the draft?

Ain't hindsight wonderful.

Some people are so full of crap.

If I need to spell it out:

How the hell do we pick a star player before our pick in the draft? That would be genius wouldn't it.
If Hine is sacked it's just about shifting blame, anything to take the heat off Buckley.
Not saying the Bucks is not responsible for the players that have come in, however at the end of the day Hine has been given numerous 1st round picks in recent seasons for little return

Scharenberg - glimpses, still waiting, injuries
Freeman - already gone, injuries
Kennedy - already gone, don't care what he's doing at Dees, still not worth a 1st round pick.
Broomhead - some early flashes, still waiting, injuries
DeGoey - hot and cold at this stage, still young, potential superstar
Grundy - see DeGoey
Aish - not our 1st round pick but as a club we obviously consider him to be one. Yet to settle, showing some form in the 2's.

That's 7 1st round picks, 3-4 of them should be consistently performing by now, well they haven't.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

themonk wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
AnthonyC wrote:Talk about re-gurgitation of the SOS.

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=79521

and I say again,

Have a look at : http://www.afl.com.au/draft/draft-history

Go back to 2009, and then forward from there, and have a look at players after our picks (that were not rookie elevations), and how many stars do you see that came after our picks in the draft?

Ain't hindsight wonderful.

Some people are so full of crap.

If I need to spell it out:

How the hell do we pick a star player before our pick in the draft? That would be genius wouldn't it.
If Hine is sacked it's just about shifting blame, anything to take the heat off Buckley.
Not saying the Bucks is not responsible for the players that have come in, however at the end of the day Hine has been given numerous 1st round picks in recent seasons for little return

Kennedy - already gone, don't care what he's doing at Dees, still not worth a 1st round pick.
Grundy - see DeGoey
Aish - not our 1st round pick but as a club we obviously consider him to be one. Yet to settle, showing some form in the 2's.

That's 7 1st round picks, 3-4 of them should be consistently performing by now, well they haven't.
You've just highlighted the near misses and other picks who are too young/ or injured to judge at this point in their careers.
The true test of a recruiter is one who can draft down the list to find gems that other recruiters miss. Hine is up there with Wells in this regard. Elliot, Williams, Ramsay, Langdon, Cox and Marsh are just some of his pickups that are turning out to be really good players and Crocker, even in his first year, is showing great promise.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

CC, did you put up the Buckley poll for last weeks match or did he automatically get a big fat donut from everyone?
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
themonk

Post by themonk »

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
themonk wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote: If Hine is sacked it's just about shifting blame, anything to take the heat off Buckley.

Grundy - see DeGoey

You've just highlighted the near misses and other picks who are too young/ or injured to judge at this point in their careers.
The true test of a recruiter is one who can draft down the list to find gems that other recruiters miss. Hine is up there with Wells in this regard. Elliot, Williams, Ramsay, Langdon, Cox and Marsh are just some of his pickups that are turning out to be really good players and Crocker, even in his first year, is showing great promise.
Elliot & Williams yes, Langdon maybe, Ramsay has talent but he keeps breaking down, Cox has shown glimpses but needs consistency, as for Marsh, I don't understand the hype, he too breaks down, he seems lost in defence and his disposal is ordinary at best.
Krakouer Magic

Post by Krakouer Magic »

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
themonk wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote: If Hine is sacked it's just about shifting blame, anything to take the heat off Buckley.

Grundy - see DeGoey

Exactly. Go back and look at the drafts of 2012, 13 and 14. There is no player in the top 30 that we missed. Maybe you could say we missed cripps and macarthy. Key fwd and a mid like cripps weren't needs. We knew Moore would be our next 10 year CHF and already had a contested mid type in Adams, needed to replace health shaw and needed pace in midfield. Hence the Sharenberg and Freeman picks.

The list is there to be top 8 if not higher. Has been the whole time Bucks has coached. I think it was Brett Anderson (might have been that Luff fantasy guy) from inside footy that was on sen a 18 months ago or so. Said after the Hawks, pies are the only Victorian club with a future premiership callaber list.

All I see is more blame being shifted. Hine is being scapegoated on here.

First it was "malthouse ruined the culture bucks has to save the club and make it more professional and drug free and get rid of the rat pack types".

Then we recruit one of bucks favourites in taylor adams who is hardly a clean skin when it comes to matters of the law. Also under Bucks "watch" we have the marley williams assault. Then we have 2 players test positive to PED's. But apparently its all a hangover from Malthouse era.

Then after buttifant left it was "its buttifant, he doesn't train the players hard enough and Buttifants high altitude camps are pointless, Bucks wants a fitness guy in that knows what he is doing and will make the players work harder". How'd that work out for us? Are we running out games better? We can't even sustain 4 qtrs let alone a whole season.

This year its "injuries don't help but the players are no good. How can bucks be expected to coach a list like this? Hine's over rated. There's nothing wrong with the gameplan. On field leadership is not a coaching problem. So what if the coaches fundamentally changed their approach to coaching after round 7, its just the players working harder. So who cares if the players are standing in completely different spots at stoppages than they were before round 7, thats not a change in structure its just the players having 10% more attention to detail".

If Hine leaves, who's next to blame? So far Malthouse, Buttifant, Hine and the players have all been held out at different times in the past 5 years as reasons for why we are sh!t on field.
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

You omitted Mark Robinson from your list
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

burnsy17 wrote:Hine is not the messiah people seem to think he is.

Look at the kennedy, Grundy, broomhead draft as an example!
Who would you have picked instead?

P
Culprit
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Culprit »

One way to look at is Cloke is the fall guy for the teams lack of performance in 2016. Reputations mean nothing under the coach. It's an ominous sign of a club that is pissed off at its current situation. Membership numbers are down, attendance is down. Income is down.

My perception is long term contracts kill performance. Players get the deal and the pressure is off as its money coming in no matter what. I expect the days of 5 year deals are basically over in their current form. Their will be performance clauses going forward.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Big Rumor of Why he might leave is him and Bucks not Seeing Eye to Eye on Talent
I am Da Man
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

scoobydoo wrote:

P
We have J Crisp.....went for draft pick 87 or close to that from the lions.
Certainly looks better than BenKen and Broomy.
Get this crap all the time.
If not x then who.
What the hell does that prove.
Hine is average at best but lets throw rose petals at all the heroes at CFC.
They get plenty of money for their efforts but lets cut them slack year after year after year.
And if you or any other whinger disagrees then bad luck.
I don't care.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

thompsoc wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:

P
We have J Crisp.....went for draft pick 87 or close to that from the lions.
Certainly looks better than BenKen and Broomy.
Get this crap all the time.
If not x then who.
What the hell does that prove.
Hine is average at best but lets throw rose petals at all the heroes at CFC.
They get plenty of money for their efforts but lets cut them slack year after year after year.
And if you or any other whinger disagrees then bad luck.
I don't care.
Be patient thompsoc, this is the year of no return.