What made you sad today?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

swanny, tooves, caff

I hate this time of year!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

Same here. It's just sunk in that Swanny will never play again.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
mandy

Post by mandy »

Same. We knew it was coming but I still teared up watching the presser today.

(It was a bit embarrassing that I was sitting at my desk at work.)
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Funeral today of a local mum who passed away from ovarian cancer.
2nd one in just over a month.
Both in their early 50s, both with teenage children.
Both lovely women who were more concerned about how others were travelling rather than their own plight.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
think positive

Post by think positive »

Dark Beanie wrote:Funeral today of a local mum who passed away from ovarian cancer.
2nd one in just over a month.
Both in their early 50s, both with teenage children.
Both lovely women who were more concerned about how others were travelling rather than their own plight.
Hugs honey, such a bloody awful disease
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

Waiting for a call from the family of my best friend for 15+ years to say what happens when they turn his ventilator off this morning. Hopefully he'll start breathing & respond. Perfectly healthy Saturday, called ambulance struggling to breathe then collapsed. They don't know why, think maybe an aneurism. Has been unconscious ever since.

He can't go, he just can't. We speak about 5 times a day, have just had an awesome holiday, one of several we've taken together. And he's the proof that yes, men & women CAN be 'just friends', he's the best friend I've ever had & he'd better open his bloody eyes & call me. :cry: :cry:
(came in to work for a distraction & now Roy Orbison's crying is playing over PA, not sure how long I'll last today).

If anyone prays to anyone/thing, please include me :cry:
think positive

Post by think positive »

Sending one up for you, hoping he wakes up ok, take care honey xxxx
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

luvdids wrote:Waiting for a call from the family of my best friend for 15+ years to say what happens when they turn his ventilator off this morning. Hopefully he'll start breathing & respond. Perfectly healthy Saturday, called ambulance struggling to breathe then collapsed. They don't know why, think maybe an aneurism. Has been unconscious ever since.

He can't go, he just can't. We speak about 5 times a day, have just had an awesome holiday, one of several we've taken together. And he's the proof that yes, men & women CAN be 'just friends', he's the best friend I've ever had & he'd better open his bloody eyes & call me. :cry: :cry:
(came in to work for a distraction & now Roy Orbison's crying is playing over PA, not sure how long I'll last today).

Really sorry to hear, Chris. All the best, and hope your friend gets through this.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

Thanks for the prayers & good wishes but he's gone.
Life really sucks sometimes. It's him that's always there for me in times like this. Devastated. Can't function. Can't believe it.
think positive

Post by think positive »

luvdids wrote:Thanks for the prayers & good wishes but he's gone.
Life really sucks sometimes. It's him that's always there for me in times like this. Devastated. Can't function. Can't believe it.
I'm so so sorry for your pain, hugs honey, sometimes life sux, I'm glad you got that last holiday in, wishing you only good things xxxxx
stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

luvdids wrote:Thanks for the prayers & good wishes but he's gone.
Aww shit. :(

Really sorry to hear it. Stuff like that, there's no opportunity to prepare yourself, it's like a king hit.

You'll get back up but it will take time. Give yourself permission to grieve, don't try to just "get on with it", you don't have to prove anything to anyone.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Terribly sorry to hear that, LD. That's tragic and must be devastating for you. Hang in there.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

luvdids wrote:Waiting for a call from the family of my best friend for 15+ years to say what happens when they turn his ventilator off this morning. Hopefully he'll start breathing & respond. Perfectly healthy Saturday, called ambulance struggling to breathe then collapsed. They don't know why, think maybe an aneurism. Has been unconscious ever since.

Terrible news. Hope things pan out for you / him
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

Very sad to hear your news LD.

Condolences to you and your friend's family.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Not really that much. I do not understand.