What made you sad today?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

Oh my gosh, that's awful. Must have been a painful wait too. Hope she make a full and fast recovery, that's a bloody big fall. Cheers xxx
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

Hope she's well soon, Ken! All the best.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

KenH wrote:My sister fell off her horse yesterday in the bush, she was with a friend who called an ambulance they had trouble finding them and she was waiting for over an hour. Got to the Ballarat Base Hospital and found she had 6 broken ribs 2 of which are broken twice, a punctured lung and a broken hip. A helicopter ride and now she is at the Alfred getting operated on today!

Not a nice time over Xmas for her and our families as we celebrate all coming together. We are very grateful that she will heal and it could have been a lot worse.
Everyone please stay safe and enjoy Xmas!
Geezus, doesn't do things by halves does she? That's a fair fall. No jokes for her for a couple of weeks, in this case laughter would NOT be the best medicine.

Shit timing but as you say, could have been a lot worse. Hope that's your measure of bad luck for Xmas out of the road and the rest is all good.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

KenH wrote:My sister fell off her horse yesterday in the bush, she was with a friend who called an ambulance they had trouble finding them and she was waiting for over an hour. Got to the Ballarat Base Hospital and found she had 6 broken ribs 2 of which are broken twice, a punctured lung and a broken hip. A helicopter ride and now she is at the Alfred getting operated on today!

Not a nice time over Xmas for her and our families as we celebrate all coming together. We are very grateful that she will heal and it could have been a lot worse.
Oh she doesn't do things by half then Ken!

True it could have been a lot worse - she is in good hands at the Alfred.

Enjoy the day the best you can :)
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Jezza »

Hoping all is well with your sister, Ken.

Merry Xmas!
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
KenH

Post by KenH »

Thanks all!

My sis is going well, going to take my Mum to Melbourne to see her today. Had op yesterday and is now in the ward.
It is now about recovery for her! This could of been a lot worse. A bit lucky I reckon!
Cheers big ears
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Sorry to read about this Ken and ouch that sure is painful. Good luck to your sister & all the best to your & her family too.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

it's sad that George Michael died, it's sad that Carrie Fisher died but it is unbearably sad that a 9 yr old boy just looking at Xmas lights with his family has died courtesy of a drunk speeding dckwad!! :(
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

Morrigu wrote:it's sad that George Michael died, it's sad that Carrie Fisher died but it is unbearably sad that a 9 yr old boy just looking at Xmas lights with his family has died courtesy of a drunk speeding dckwad!! :(
Agreed. Now that I know intimately how devastating the loss of someone you know & love hurts, celebrity deaths, while sad, pale into insignificance in comparison. Especially someone like that innocent little boy who did nothing wrong or to deserve it :cry:
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Jezza »

It's terribly sad. I'm amazed that the boy's parents are willing to forgive the perpetrator.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/quee ... 2a4e662aa5
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^^^ Makes a healthy change from ignorant eye-for-an-eye vigilantism. If you start from the reasonable proposition that, however stupid and culpable he was, he probably didn't mean to kill their child, there's little reason to hold a grudge. He should certainly receive his punishment in the usual way and he should probably never be allowed to drive, ever again.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

Jezza wrote:It's terribly sad. I'm amazed that the boy's parents are willing to forgive the perpetrator.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/quee ... 2a4e662aa5
You've reached a
premium article

To read this article, subscribe today and get unrestricted access on all your devices.

:?
Don't count the days, make the days count.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

All?
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:^^^ Makes a healthy change from ignorant eye-for-an-eye vigilantism. If you start from the reasonable proposition that, however stupid and culpable he was, he probably didn't mean to kill their child, there's little reason to hold a grudge. He should certainly receive his punishment in the usual way and he should probably never be allowed to drive, ever again.
Amazing parents, not sure I'd be so forgiving.
He will probably get a slap on the wrist, and lose his licence for a ridiculously short time.

RIP little fella xxx
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Morrigu wrote:it's sad that George Michael died, it's sad that Carrie Fisher died but it is unbearably sad that a 9 yr old boy just looking at Xmas lights with his family has died courtesy of a drunk speeding dckwad!! :(
I have no sympathy for the cnut. Once you cross the line, there's should be no return. I'd be happy to see this f&ckstain sent to Gitmo.p