T20 Tri-Series. Oz, Caps and Poms.

For all sporting topics - news, discussion, score updates etc. - other than Aussie Rules and Premier League Soccer.

Moderators: pies4ever, bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I think it's a great shame that this couldn't be shown on free to air TV. We get to see every BBL game for free but we didn't see the national team ply its trade in an inaugural final of a trophy in the fastest-growing form of the game. It seems like it wasn't shown FTA in NZ, either (I checked the program guide yesterday morning, hoping against hope that there might be some way of a person without Foxtel watching it live). It was a rather anti-climactic finish to the season. Australia's last two performances were obviously brilliant and on foreign soil and very few of us got to see them. The run chase in the previous game should have become the stuff of legend but almost nobody saw it happen, so it's barely a footnote to the international cricket summer. It will probably never be spoken of again, except when it is trotted out as a statistic.
Donny
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Donny »

:) On the other hand, I saw none of the Tests, ODIs or the Big Bash, as I have no FTA TV.

So, I loved being able to see the T20 Tri-Series.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I'm glad you saw it, Donny. How do you watch - I thought pay TV generally came with included access to the FTA channels?
Donny
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Donny »

I need to upgrade my set top box for that.

However, before pay TV, when all I had was very bad FTA, I grew thoroughly sick of the sellathon that Ch. cricket had become, so I don't particularly mind.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D