1st Elimination Final - Collingwood vs Essendon

The home of conversation about our Reserves team - the second best men's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

qldmagpie67 wrote:This game was lost the minute Langdon spoke to players as they arrived
He is totally responsible for his lose
He can't under any circucmstsnces be allowed to play next week

In Howe Goldie Treloar
Out Langdon Langdon and Langdon
Lol what?
Last edited by David on Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

qldmagpie67 wrote:This game was lost the minute Langdon spoke to players as they arrived
He is totally responsible for his lose
He can't under any circucmstsnces be allowed to play next week

In Howe Goldie Treloar
Out Langdon Langdon and Langdon
What does "this" refer to?
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

Apart from personnel problems, the team's kicking was very bad. And the old problem of allowing goals out the back reappeared.

Has Madgen gone backwards in the last few weeks?

Did Fasolo appear more than once the whole game?

Appleby appeared, but perhaps not with the ball. Should he be ahead of Oxley, who butchered the ball?
Doc63

Post by Doc63 »

Magden & Oxley were worse that useless - we'd be better of playing Dunn & Schaz than those two.
I hold a cup of wisdom, but there is nothing within.
Doc63

Post by Doc63 »

And it was obvious that Faz had already left the building.
I hold a cup of wisdom, but there is nothing within.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Three things, the umpires were utter shit, and got Dons right back into game , ust as we were threatening, how much were they paid off ??? Fasolo has lost it, missed easy goals, I cant see his future with us now. Goldsack might have to retire, I dunno, been a great servant, but his time may have come. I hope he proves me wrong, been a great player.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Was very average , except for Brown, Daicos at times and Jok tried hard.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Only watched bits of the 1st half as I was out but we never looked likely. Disappointing to drop out like that but as with the seniors we did really well just to make the finals with large chunks missing most of the season. What might've been if we held on against box hill and ended up with the double chance?
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

3rd degree wrote:Was very average , except for Brown, Daicos at times and Jok tried hard.
Was my impression too
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Was Fasolo as bad as Witts in his last game?
Get back on top.
Pacino

Post by Pacino »

I am not sure whether this is the place to raise the use of McLarty. Last year he had a great season playing at full back. We need a key defender. It is time to stop trying to turn him in a ruckman come CHF and let him play where he plays best and fill a glaring void in our defence. He tried har today but he is not a rckman.
Carpe Diem
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

He's not a ruckman and Lynch isn't a key forward
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Pacino wrote:I am not sure whether this is the place to raise the use of McLarty. Last year he had a great season playing at full back. We need a key defender. It is time to stop trying to turn him in a ruckman come CHF and let him play where he plays best and fill a glaring void in our defence. He tried har today but he is not a rckman.
Those of us who have watched this team every week have been screaming about this all year. But even with our dearth of available key backs, they wanted/valued the backup replacement for Cox more than they wanted/valued the next recognised key defender. Which only makes the non-use of McLarty when Cox missed against West Coast not that long ago more mind-bogglingly stupid...

This is the domino effect from how they shuffled the chairs around over the summer. They got it into their heads that Moore just had to play back, that Reid and Cox had to play forward together, that Goldsack was to play as a pressure forward, that the newly-drafted Mihocek and Madgen were to be used as backup/developing key defenders and that Lynch was to play 1st ruck in the VFL, so that therefore meant they needed a backup forward/ruck for Cox. And seeing as we had neglected our KPF stocks for so long, that meant McLarty was the one who had to budge, despite having a good first year at FB.

I didn't like it at the time, still don't. But that's the way the cookie crumbled...
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.