Gun laws in USA??

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Wokko wrote:The hard right movement largely grew under Obama as a backlash to extreme leftist ideology
When did you start doing stand up? :lol:
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

Interesting article.

A couple of points resonate with me.

1. He says the Right must own these people, and he compares them to Islamic extremists, but the opposite argument was applied to Muslims owning Islamic Extremists.

2. He argues that "The Left remains a rational movement" when it has always been based on ideology and emotive concepts with rationality applied as a veneer

3. He referred to el Paso as a "Porous" town. For some reason having been there, I take that as an insult although I'm unclear what he meant by that description so it may not be.

Otherwise, it's a reasonable bake. The percentage of white, male, right wing people who are white supremacists capable of this sort of stuff would likely be similar or less than the number of Muslims who are extremists capable of terrorist actions. By all means in both cases preventative steps need to be taken
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:Interesting article.

A couple of points resonate with me.

1. He says the Right must own these people, and he compares them to Islamic extremists, but the opposite argument was applied to Muslims owning Islamic Extremists.

2. He argues that "The Left remains a rational movement" when it has always been based on ideology and emotive concepts with rationality applied as a veneer

3. He referred to el Paso as a "Porous" town. For some reason having been there, I take that as an insult although I'm unclear what he meant by that description so it may not be.

Otherwise, it's a reasonable bake. The percentage of white, male, right wing people who are white supremacists capable of this sort of stuff would likely be similar or less than the number of Muslims who are extremists capable of terrorist actions. By all means in both cases preventative steps need to be taken
You should reading the article David posted by Guy Rundle :wink:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 18 times

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

Good point. The eternal double-standard of the political zealot.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Wokko wrote:The hard right movement largely grew under Obama as a backlash to extreme leftist ideology
When did you start doing stand up? :lol:
For someone who; beats his own drum, blows his own trumpet and has more tickets on himself than Shane Warne, you still struggle to grasp facts. Very intriguing.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
watt price tully

Another white rightwing racist male murders again

https://www.theage.com.au/world/europe/ ... 52gfo.html
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

watt price tully wrote:Another white rightwing racist male murders again

If I posted "Another Arab Muslim murders again" I'd be banned in a heartbeat. Your racism is disgusting.
watt price tully

Wokko wrote:
watt price tully wrote:Another white rightwing racist male murders again

If I posted "Another Arab Muslim murders again" I'd be banned in a heartbeat. Your racism is disgusting.
Rubbish and you know it is. Need to stop burying your head in the sand. There's a huge problem for the right in the West and that is racist white males being enabled and embloldened by fellow travellers. Don't tell me your're feeling a tad guilty?

Further to white right racist males feeling emboldened and empowered we don't need to look too far. In fact in our own backyards there is an upsurge (I don't know if I necessarily agree with the suugested prescription) however:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/swas ... 52fkz.html
thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 18 times

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

https://www.theage.com.au/national/swastika-epidemic-has-defiled-the-streets-of-melbourne-20190809-p52fkz.html
Given that the swastika has been used for thousands of years in Buddhist, Hindu and Chinese culture one could argue that Dr. Abramovich's desire to impose a single, western interpretation of the swastika upon all of Australia's diverse ethnic communities is perhaps a touch "white supremacist".
watt price tully

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
https://www.theage.com.au/national/swastika-epidemic-has-defiled-the-streets-of-melbourne-20190809-p52fkz.html
Given that the swastika has been used for thousands of years in Buddhist, Hindu and Chinese culture one could argue that Dr. Abramovich's desire to impose a single, western interpretation of the swastika upon all of Australia's diverse ethnic communities is perhaps a touch "white supremacist".
Yes indeed, all those radical Hindus in the various right-wing neo nazi groups. Blair Cotrell is a well known Hindu. Jim Saleem is known to have Buddhist tendencies.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Most swastika graffiti is stupid teens being edgy or things like this:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 43996.html

Of course in France and the UK it's probably Jew hating new arrivals. Hitler/Nazism and Islam have always had a close relationship.

When I was a kid it was the Anarchist symbol that edgy teens liked to scrawl all over the place, having little to no idea what it means. The swastika though gets instant gratification. Imagine the morons having a laugh at that Age article about a "Swastika Epidemic".
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
watt price tully

Last edited by watt price tully on Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
watt price tully

Not sure is he’s racist and right wing but what are the odds? (That’s a rhetorical question)