Boxing Day Test. Australia v. New Zealand.

For all sporting topics - news, discussion, score updates etc. - other than Aussie Rules and Premier League Soccer.

Moderators: pies4ever, bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 25 times

Boxing Day Test. Australia v. New Zealand.

Post by Donny »

MCG. Starts on Boxing Day.

The Aussies only decision looks to be who will replace the injured Josh Hazlewood - James Pattinson or Michael Neser.

The Black Caps will be sweating on Trent Boult being fit. Opener Jeet Raval could lose his spot after 1 & 1 in Perth.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

Or Siddle... :shock: :wink:

Siddle shock: Veteran in contention for Boxing Day Test

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/si ... 53k53.html

The selectors do have form on that (last Ashes Test).
K

Post by K »

Geoff Lawson:

"There are a number of factors that can help the game recover the "balance". Getting AFL off major sporting arenas would be a start. A ball with a bigger seam that helps movement in the air and off the bland pitches might do the job. There are various means to an end."

Get AFL off the MCG?! :shock:
K

Post by K »

Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Jezza »

K wrote:Geoff Lawson:

"There are a number of factors that can help the game recover the "balance". Getting AFL off major sporting arenas would be a start. A ball with a bigger seam that helps movement in the air and off the bland pitches might do the job. There are various means to an end."

I don't see that going down well with the MCC and the wider sporting public.

I don't think many will care if the MCG lost the Boxing Day Test.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

Jezza wrote:
K wrote:Geoff Lawson:

I don't see that going down well with the MCC and the wider sporting public.

I don't think many will care if the MCG lost the Boxing Day Test.
Yeah, makes perfect sense to not have cricket played at the Melbourne CRICKET ground :roll:

Start a separate thread about pitches K, it's getting boring. No, actually, not getting boring, we're already there.
K

Post by K »

luvdids wrote:...
Start a separate thread about pitches K, it's getting boring. No, actually, not getting boring, we're already there.
I will. But I have to say, and I do so reluctantly, this forum was more pleasant without you. It was more pleasant when you stuck to whingeing on VPT, which is a forum already ruined by aggressive people.

You don't have to read anyone's posts. Maybe you can write abusive letters to Fairfax to complain about Lawson's and Jones's articles, which you also don't have to read.
Donny
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Donny »

There's talk about an all-rounder coming in for Travis Head.

For mine, none better than Moises Henriques. 2 centuries in Shield, this season, at 56.7

Not a lot of wickets but wouldn't be expected to be a strike bowler. However, more than capable to relieve the load of the 3 quicks, if it's a high scoring wicket.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Like to see 2 changes
in patto out hazelwood which is obvious
also in finch out head

opening batting will hopefully be warner and smith burns to bat at 4
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

K wrote:
luvdids wrote:...
I will. But I have to say, and I do so reluctantly, this forum was more pleasant without you. It was more pleasant when you stuck to whingeing on VPT, which is a forum already ruined by aggressive people.

You don't have to read anyone's posts. Maybe you can write abusive letters to Fairfax to complain about Lawson's and Jones's* articles, which you also don't have to read.
Thanks for the insult, I haven't insulted you, merely suggest you start a new thread so the one topic is in the one place. Nothing like being made to feel like crap on your birthday so thanks, appreciate it!

*Jones'
KenH

Post by KenH »

Happy birthday Luvdids, I hope you have a great afternoon and night!

Don't worry about any other stuff.

Cheers,
Cheers big ears
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Jezza »

luvdids wrote:Yeah, makes perfect sense to not have cricket played at the Melbourne CRICKET ground :roll:

Big question marks loom over the state of the MCG pitch. If the MCC cannot sort it out, it's not inconceivable that the MCG may lose the Boxing Day Test.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-10/ ... e/11781248
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

Not really any question marks, you know of course the shield pitch isn't the one they use for tests.
Heard from the President of the MCC last week that we needn't be worried about the drama the media is trying to create, it's all under control. They tried their new method on the shield game, didn't work obviously, so have rejigged preparations for Boxing Day.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Approx crowd attendance day 1 boxing day ive got say 88 thousand at mcg
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Called mcc at the mcg they said they are approx. expecting 75 thousand boxing day day 1