What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Pies4shaw wrote:So, what do you say the numbers are going to be on September 14th?
No one knows, knowing Dan there will be a sudden spike the week before so he can extend stage 4...

But a plan would be good. Before the end of the first lockdown, the national cabinet released a plan for staggered reopening, depending on case numbers. So every other state knew what the plan was and they complied and they have been successful.

Dan decided to do his own thing and he $@&^# it up. I suspect yet again he has little plan beyond further lockdowns, but he won't announce anything because if he said we want case numbers under 20 a day and we have single figures it would back him into a corner because further lockdowns seems to be the preferred course of action.

Lockdowns mean no parliament, that's why he wants a 12 month extension, means there is no reason to go back to parliament and answer questions for another 12 months as he can pass anything he wants.
Sicks Bux

Post by Sicks Bux »

FFS. Collingwood play the Eagles and Kennedy plays a blinder. Richmond play WC and Kennedy gets a knee in the head in the first quarter and is done for the night because of course.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

and that dirty tiger prick will play a blinder when he should be out for a least 2!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Sicks Bux

Post by Sicks Bux »

It's all over. One of those games where Rihmond just coast to inevitable victory.
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

I always thought Dan would take us back to the dark ages, no internet, no power, no heating, bloody Andrews!
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

So to reduce the risk of Coronavirus you need to wash your hands and now we have unsafe water in Melbourne

With no power for 24 hours and now this, can 2020 just **** off already!
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

Yep. Terrible weather and it was all Dan Andrews' fault. Wind and rain. In August! What a barstard he is!
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Too easy
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

But what we can blame our Dear Leader for is the hundreds of dollars worth of food that has to be thrown out because he ordered us to do a weekly shop...

I wonder if taking the car for a drive to charge your phone is acceptable during curfew? It is a serious safety issue to not have a working phone!
Sicks Bux

Post by Sicks Bux »

I live in one of the suburbs that has the contaminated water, so all the local coffee shops and petrol stations weren't selling coffee this morning. I got my caffeine fix eventually but what a pain in the ass.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Probably less than if you’d drunk the water.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:Probably less than if you’d drunk the water.
bang bang!!!

plus you know, there is always that thing called a kettle!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

David wrote: no chance that any of the products in a 7/11 store, water included, come from Australia!
Yep. And you can't get poisoned in a 7/11 either, 'coz there's no chance any of the products contain food.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:Probably less than if you’d drunk the water.
bang bang!!!

plus you know, there is always that thing called a kettle!
Snap, I don't understand the fetish.

My water seems OK, I'm not on the list of bad suburbs but am getting txts from YVW, Just drinking it.

What pissed my off this morning was doing grocery shopping and the number of dickeads wearing masks with their nose poking out. Including people serving.

If you're going to wear the thing at least do it properly. Wearing it just as a mouth covering is as stupid as wearing it driving a car on your own or buying take away coffee.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.