What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Finished work at 22:30 last night. Busy but not flat out at work. Got to bed about 00:40 this morning. Asleep by 00:50. Dragged my carcass outta bed at 05:25 to get to a 06:00 spin class. They got a new person instructing her first session. She didn’t friggin’ show up. Not happy Jan
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

oh man thats really shit, did they have someone else to take the class??
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Funny how people underestimate the importance of sleep in maintaining health, especially mental health.

I'd argue you would have gained more benefit by staying in bed and allowing your mind and body greater time to rest and recover after working late into the night.

What the hell is a spin class anyway?

Sounds like something a Karen from Brighton would do.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

A Spin Class is riding an exercise bike with a lot of other numpty's, something you can do at home for free anytime you want, you just need the bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hl1WAGKjMc
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Up in Toc, went to put the new glass in the door, it doesn't fit. :evil:

Got the smaller piece in the frame aound the door, had to duck over to Cobram and grab some silicon and quad, the cut thebquad to size, all came up schmick, but dopy me didn't factor in that a 70 year old door with glass panels might be slightly out of square:(

I cut it too fine to finish today, once the sun gets around that side, you can't work in it so finish tomorrow morning. Have to pull the door off, lay it flat, manipulate it so the glass fits, then re hang it and hope the locks still line up.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

swoop42 wrote:What the hell is a spin class anyway?

Sounds like something a Karen from Brighton would do.
I was wondering the same thing, haha. For some reason I was imagining pole-dancing (though some may say that says more about me ... :shock:)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Melbourne weather, must be 2020's version of a final sick joke.

Yesterday morning I did my walk at 7:30am in shorts and a singlet, after doing some weights I had to peel the singlet off as it was sweat soaked. 35 or thereabouts during the day up in Toc, cool enough overnight that I didn't need much air con, just open all the windows before bed.

I come back to this shit. I'm in trackie daks, jumper and thinking of putting the heater on and the forecast for the next week is something that would be pleasant for August.
think positive

Post by think positive »

It’s been a biz week, I have switched between heater/ac a couple of times, the temp dropped about 10 deg in an hour one day, it’s jumper on jumper off rinse and repeat, pretty shit really. Not for the first time I wondered why my parents picked Victoria, but then look at the weather in Sydney and Qld, at least we don’t get flooded very often, and certainly not at Christmas! WA that’s the place to be!
Sicks Bux

Post by Sicks Bux »

People who show up to the office and adjust the temperature settings of the room without checking with anyone else. Had a colleague waltz into work an hour after everyone else today and switch on all the ceilings fans at full blast without even asking if anyone else was hot. Self obsessed peanut.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

Haha, classic first-world problems! My office doesn't even have air-conditioning. ;)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:A Spin Class is riding an exercise bike with a lot of other numpty's, something you can do at home for free anytime you want, you just need the bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hl1WAGKjMc
Well that’s about as informative as saying Tocumwal is in Australia: yes it it but where? Etc....about as informative as saying that the novel
“War and Peace” is about Russia.

A spin class is a group exercise using stationary bikes which have a capacity to apply resistance ( and take that resistance off) and a linked computer that shows and measures at a minimum cadence and heart rate

A class goes for 45 minutes & should start slowly and finish with stretches

A good teacher explains what they’re doing, what is about to occur, how many rpm’s you should be doing (cadence) where you should be feeling it, how much effort you should be putting in for each stage eg: 75% or 90% or 100% effort etc

A good teacher also has a soundtrack where the beat and rhythm informs the effort, cadence, pattern and type of spinning.

A good teacher corrects your posture so you don’t rely on too much arms, don’t bounce, don’t sway etc but where you use your “core”

A good teacher makes sure everyone does it to their best taking into account injury and experience.

A good teacher makes it fun

These are many of the things you really can’t do on your own with your own bike.

Perhaps Stui if you wanna get me this for X’mas I could more easily train at home
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Yeah, Nah.

Be honest, you just like staring at someone elses arse while you pedal your exercise bike. :P
think positive

Post by think positive »

lol!!
Sicks Bux

Post by Sicks Bux »

David wrote:Haha, classic first-world problems! My office doesn't even have air-conditioning. ;)
That's barbaric.
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:Yeah, Nah.

Be honest, you just like staring at someone elses arse while you pedal your exercise bike. :P
I do but I'm always in the front row to the side watccing the female teachers legs: as it it informs my rhythm coz I'm doing what they do :wink: