Post Match. Pies down to Bombers. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

scoobydoo wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:And so here we are...
3 riveting posts daffy
But you know I'm right eh..
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »

Just **** off!!

One of my favourite players... crap coach
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

scoobydoo wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:And so here we are...
3 riveting posts daffy
riveting post Scooby
duke750

Post by duke750 »

Our ball use was dreadful.

Why can’t we use an opposition behind as a launching pad, rather than turn the ball over.

Arghhhhhh
Magpies forever.
First Colligwood game: Western Oval 1960
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by derkd »

Silver lining....we could have lost still playing Greenwood, Mayne etc. At least we played Murphy, Rantall, etc.

Getting games into the younger generation.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

Murphy showed promise, you can tell he 'thinks'...
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by shawthing »

Pies4shaw wrote:
shawthing wrote:With no money for recruiting and we've also traded away most of our high picks (how many did we give to GWS for Treloar?). We might get the number one pick this year though.
Do you pay any attention? We've traded out our first round pick this year.
That just makes my point. We aren't rebuilding because we CAN'T. I don't think fans know how seriously this club has been destroyed from within!

Oh and by the way, the genius who designed that shocking colour clash jumper today you go too! You couldn't see the white stripes, and with the Emirates red on it as well it was difficult not to confuse players. This club is amateur hour.
orie
Been liked: 1 time

pies down to bombers

Post by orie »

Well what to say!
They are a shambles.!
Even when they have the ball, they turn it over, make bad decisions and out their team mates under pressure.
We have no one who can turn the game or has any sense of brilliance. I would say Quaynor is nearly our best player and that includes Pendles :roll:

Steelo has less impact every week and Grundy ..well I don't know...what can I say.Massive disappointment watching him..
Maynard whom I have always admired , constantly turns the ball over and doesn't play with that toughness any more.

Daicos is struggling . Madgen is too slow and gets caught and shouldn't have been on TW all that time.

What to say!!
Why is our ball use so HORRIBLE?
HOW CAN THAT BE BUCK'S FAULT REALLY???
'MADE IT LEGENDARY'
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

piedys wrote:.
If Sideclown is going to get a game next week, then play him forward, because he just slaughtered our momentum countless times, fumbling and couching up possession time after time.
Sadly, this is what I saw as well. I agree, he needs to be positioned out of the heat of the middle. He couldn't be relied upon in the backline with his current poor level of disposal and decision making, so it looks like the forward line if he is given a game.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

shawthing wrote:Oh and by the way, the genius who designed that shocking colour clash jumper today you go too! You couldn't see the white stripes, and with the Emirates red on it as well it was difficult not to confuse players. This club is amateur hour.
Hey, big shout out to Gil McFloglan and his team of merry f^cktards, who knew this was our home game, and should have made dopers strip a lighter shade, being the away team. They can take the blame.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Those of you having a crack at Sidebottom might want to have a look at the stats - a game high 12 tackles and an equal game-high 17 contested possessions amongst his 30 disposals. The hard inside role is not his game because he's too small and too slow - but, as he has done his entire career, he just turns up to do what he can in whatever ridiculous slot the Coach asks him to fill. He's probably close to the end but, really, he was one of about a half a dozen AFL-standard players on the field for Collingwood today.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:Murphy showed promise, you can tell he 'thinks'...
Yep, it wasn't the worst that's for sure. Worth persisting with.
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by derkd »

shawthing wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
shawthing wrote:With no money for recruiting and we've also traded away most of our high picks (how many did we give to GWS for Treloar?). We might get the number one pick this year though.
Do you pay any attention? We've traded out our first round pick this year.
That just makes my point. We aren't rebuilding because we CAN'T. I don't think fans know how seriously this club has been destroyed from within!

Oh and by the way, the genius who designed that shocking colour clash jumper today you go too! You couldn't see the white stripes, and with the Emirates red on it as well it was difficult not to confuse players. This club is amateur hour.
My old man messaged to say just this...the clash was awful not aided by the red on the back of the jumper.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Millane42

Post by Millane42 »

It is the coaching staff's fault. Not instructing the players to play man on man. Zoning is so passe. Look at Parrish over 40 disposals, Tippa on his own for 5 goals.

Pfft rubbish coaching
Most of my favourite bands start with "M" - Mars Volta, Mastodon, Megadeth, Metallica, Midnight Oil, Misfits...except King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard ~
Woods

Post by Woods »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.