Post Match. Suns sink Pies. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

PyreneesPie wrote:
gurugeoff wrote:We have got no draft picks next year, as all will be needed for nick daicos, so you would have to trade current players for picks - how many on our list would attract a first round pick from another club? Maybe Moore/ de goey, so we can’t trade ourselves out of trouble, so what you see on our list this year we are stuck with.
If the club needs a full blooded rebuild, as I believe it does, Darcy and JDG are exactly the type of players to trade. Grundy would be too, except no other club would pay the money he's on.

NOT Moore mate, no way, we need him down back for long term future. Maybe De Goey and a few others though. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Piesnchess wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
gurugeoff wrote:We have got no draft picks next year, as all will be needed for nick daicos, so you would have to trade current players for picks - how many on our list would attract a first round pick from another club? Maybe Moore/ de goey, so we can’t trade ourselves out of trouble, so what you see on our list this year we are stuck with.
If the club needs a full blooded rebuild, as I believe it does, Darcy and JDG are exactly the type of players to trade. Grundy would be too, except no other club would pay the money he's on.

NOT Moore mate, no way, we need him down back for long term future. Maybe De Goey and a few others though. :o
I accept that to lose him would be a huge risk and would hurt like hell, but I'm expecting he may want to leave anyway, especially if he's offered big dollars in a top or upcoming team. I think he's only on a two year contract?
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

masoncox wrote:^^^^^&&Who would win in a race Cox or JT???
Who dies more with the ball? Who gets tagged? Who kicks more goals?

See you later JT, we never should have kept him on the list
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
makri

Post by makri »

Pre or post JT's drug ban?
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

makri wrote:
Pre or post JT's drug ban?
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

So....who did Buckley blame tonight?
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

What a $hitshow, Im speechless.

Im only just hanging on to the belief we have a good coach in Bux but its painful. I think he needs better men around him in the box. He still commands respect atm amongst his players but they will look at him for answers and its not forth coming I suspect.
It was a pitiful display by our players today, I turned the box on a couple times during each quarter only to see fumble after fumble after fumble. We were caught in possession hundred times and the dropped marks by senior players was lamentable. We seriously have no confidence atm. The way I see it the players are shot between the ears and theres not much a coach can do but watch and cry.
The players have to take most of the blame. Leaving Moore in the forward line was just pathetic but if Bux shifted him back would it make things any better?? No use trying an experiment if you dont give it a proper go. Hopefully Moore will be shifted back next week and that will be the end of that saga.

Ill make another assessment next week on Bux but its getting harder to defend.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

think positive wrote:
Who dies more with the ball? Who gets tagged? Who kicks more goals?

See you later JT, we never should have kept him on the list

And WHE, and time is up for Mayne, not sure bout Sidey, but its close. We delisted, retired, 14 players, but was not enough i guess. All we can do is wait for Howe, Tay, and Jamie to get back, and stick with our kids, keep playing our kids, they cannot be blamed at all for todays shock loss, our older experienced guys need a good hard long look at themselves, to quote the old footy expression, but it still applies.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
orie
Been liked: 1 time

loss to Gold Coast

Post by orie »

Well after that INSIPID and ABYSMAL 2nd quarter, I felt sick and dismayed. Not ANGRY. Wanted to leave buy stayed until the end...
and MOORE was STILL on the forward line even then......
Thats not why they lost though. They had no physical presence or impact at the contest. There were times where, in the past, coaches would have dragged players for their lack of effort.
I think Bucks is too soft on some of these players.

Thank God for Mihochek and Quaynor and Daicos .Can't say much for many of the others. Sorry for the young guys that came in.
We are so slow and jogged around in no man's land giving the suns so much space. They did the same things all day, but our tactics never changed.

Looking forward to hearing what the experts have to say.

:oops: :shock:
'MADE IT LEGENDARY'
What'sinaname

Re: loss to Gold Coast

Post by What'sinaname »

orie wrote:Well after that INSIPID and ABYSMAL 2nd quarter, I felt sick and dismayed. Not ANGRY. Wanted to leave buy stayed until the end...
and MOORE was STILL on the forward line even then......
Thats not why they lost though. They had no physical presence or impact at the contest. There were times where, in the past, coaches would have dragged players for their lack of effort.
I think Bucks is too soft on some of these players.

Thank God for Mihochek and Quaynor and Daicos .Can't say much for many of the others. Sorry for the young guys that came in.
We are so slow and jogged around in no man's land giving the suns so much space. They did the same things all day, but our tactics never changed.

Looking forward to hearing what the experts have to say.

:oops: :shock:
Skids will say

Bucks definitely deserves two more years. None of what we see is actually his fault.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

One of the most average efforts I have seen for a while. Pea Hearted.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
doriswilgus
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

I didn’t see the game,but it sounds like it was absolutely horrendous.I’m almost at the stage now where I don’t care what happens,and I think the players are at the stage as well.

They just don’t seem to care enough anymore.They’ll put in an effort for a few minutes,then it’ll dissipate just as quickly and they’ll give you nothing.after that,

I think that’s the sign of a team just going through the motions.I think Buckley lost the confidence of the players after the Treloar dumping in the off season and he’ll never get it back now.
Magpies035

Post by Magpies035 »

Just Truly embarrassing

I dont know how many times we can say this.

No way can Nathan get another contract.
We play the kids thats fine. Its the senior players that should hang their heads in shame. Just Putrid today.

I have said it many time They Buckley gamestyle along with the assitant coaches just doesnt work. It is old and outdated. Does not work in todays modern game.

Smashed by the Cats last year showed us this.
so what do the coached do............Nothing

Have a terrible Trade period. Based on 5 years of mismanagement of salaray cap. Then lie to the members of what really happened.
Then proceed to tell us they know what they are doing
Oh also tell us that the team will contend for finals in 2021.

What a complete joke.

Truly embarrasing
All the supporters can see this. The club is blind in its own incompetence and persisting with the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

Collingwood is no longer a powerful club.

Todays crowd showed this. We have long way to go

an immediate decision needs to be made on coaching. Even if Nathan stays for 2021. A call needs to me made immediately to give supporters hope for the future.
The Great Macedonian Marvel
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

^ apparently, we've lost our DNA. Maybe it's the Pfizer vaccine's mRNA affecting the protein production in the ribosomes of the players.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

doriswilgus wrote:I didn’t see the game,but it sounds like it was absolutely horrendous.I’m almost at the stage now where I don’t care what happens,and I think the players are at the stage as well.

They just don’t seem to care enough anymore.They’ll put in an effort for a few minutes,then it’ll dissipate just as quickly and they’ll give you nothing.after that,

I think that’s the sign of a team just going through the motions.I think Buckley lost the confidence of the players after the Treloar dumping in the off season and he’ll never get it back now.
I did see it front and centre, and you are one hundred percent correct. Once trust is gone, it’s gone,

When all hope is gone, sad songs say so much!

You sung that yeah!

Not drunk just delirious!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!