Post Match. Suns sink Pies. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

GreekLunatic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

Even in the tony Shaw years I didn’t see the club as disinterested today
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

I went today and the weather was great. The match went as I expected.

The list profile is terrible. The best players are on the wrong side of 30 and the next tier is not great leadership wise.

We need to start with a vision. Once we have that we recruit the coach to achieve that. We definitely need a new head recruiter. Graham Wright has a huge job on his hands.

But once stop being delusional about where we are then we can take positive steps to recruit well and obtain players who are tutored by a good coach with an attacking plan, not the boring drivel promulgated by Buckley for most of his tenure.

Someone asked if we have hit bottom yet - no, it will get worse.
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

think positive wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:I didn’t see the game,but it sounds like it was absolutely horrendous.I’m almost at the stage now where I don’t care what happens,and I think the players are at the stage as well.

They just don’t seem to care enough anymore.They’ll put in an effort for a few minutes,then it’ll dissipate just as quickly and they’ll give you nothing.after that,

I think that’s the sign of a team just going through the motions.I think Buckley lost the confidence of the players after the Treloar dumping in the off season and he’ll never get it back now.
I did see it front and centre, and you are one hundred percent correct. Once trust is gone, it’s gone,

When all hope is gone, sad songs say so much!

You sung that yeah!

Not drunk just delirious!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCy9EgjWMgg
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
winpies
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by winpies »

I would trade Grundy. He has little influence in the ruck or around the ground, and his tap work is poor. He was beaten by a part-timer today!!!

Unfortunately he is on big bucks long term so it would probably end up being a "Treloar" type trade where we pay him so I don't know if that would be worth it.

But he needs to lift big time - and in a hurry.
carn the mighty pies!
Peponi

Post by Peponi »

There will be much more pain. A few years worth post-Buckley.

CLEARLY the Troalor incident has affected the players who before the start of the season would have been wondering whether they were next.

FIGJAM has no idea. And it’s pretty sad to see him in the coaches box looking dejected cause he knows that we know that he knows he has no idea.
Formerly LeighBrownBrigade
Peponi

Post by Peponi »

Richmond: 3 Premierships in the last 4 years.
Collingwood: 2 in the last 63 years.

We have massively underachieved. 10 of those years with a coach who bar 1 year has gone backwards. How can this club continue with this mindset is beyond logic.

We aren’t a massive club anymore. 25,000 people on a beautiful day at the MCG is indicative of how fans are thinking.

Bar a couple of thousand sycophants, everyone else knows Buckley’s time is up. It should have been up in 2014.
Formerly LeighBrownBrigade
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Things can change pretty fast tho, look at the Deees last yr, and Goodwin, hopeless,now look at them. Putting Bucks aside, the Club needs a plan of action going forward, and it needs to start enacting it now, covering the entire Club, everyone must come under scrutiny. We need change, right thru the Club, coaches, trainers, fitness dept, recruting, it needs to be vast and comprehensive. Graham Wright is just the man for that job, we need a total rebuild and re fit of the Club. The future are our kids, keep playing them, get something out of the season. then hit the draft full on. The re build must start now.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

^ a full rebuild will mean selling players like JDG, and possibly even Moore.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

The playing group looks broken. There's no energy, no dare and they play risk free football and it was obvious from the beginning they were flat. As a supporter being there, I was flat for the whole game. Never felt anything like it before.

We were an average team in 2014-17, but the effort was always there. I don't get the sense it's there this time round. The playing group can be adamant that they want Buckley to stay, but their actions on the field say otherwise.

I think like any team, we have major deficiencies in the list that need addressing, but I think a new voice and a sense of direction will get this playing group going again and give us purpose going forward. The supporter base looks disengaged and needs some hope that things will change.

Playing kids for the sake of it isn't going to make much of a difference. They need structure and proper guidance with how the game should be played. Teaching them this shit game plan isn't benefiting them.

The Moore experiment up forward needs to end. We've seen a three week sample size and it hasn't improved the make up of our forward line. Five disposals and no goals today. He was in AA form in the backline.

Thought Mihocek, IQ and Daicos all had a go and showed something, but a lot of players lowered their colours today, none more so than De Goey.

1-6. The worst start since 2005. I don't understand how some can support the coach after all of this. The club needs to make a decision soon.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Piesnchess wrote:Things can change pretty fast tho, look at the Deees last yr, and Goodwin, hopeless,now look at them. Putting Bucks aside, the Club needs a plan of action going forward, and it needs to start enacting it now, covering the entire Club, everyone must come under scrutiny. We need change, right thru the Club, coaches, trainers, fitness dept, recruting, it needs to be vast and comprehensive. Graham Wright is just the man for that job, we need a total rebuild and re fit of the Club. The future are our kids, keep playing them, get something out of the season. then hit the draft full on. The re build must start now.
The Dees rebuild started years ago. Don't be fooled that a rebuild can be quick. We are destined for years of wilderness before we come good again.

Even Clarkson credited Schwab in starting the rebuild before he took over. Stole a flag in 2008 but build to a successful team from 2012 onwards, which was 5 years after he took over.
BEAMER09
Been liked: 12 times

Post by BEAMER09 »

shawthing wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:Lucky we play North next week, we're higher on the ladder to them so we're sure to win...
Wait until we play Port Adelaide in Adelaide. That WILL be ugly.
So it should be as Ed doesn't shut up. He has nothing to do with the club anymore irrespective what he has signed.

Collingwood matters are now up to Korda so Ed should butt out.
COLLINGW09D
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

Demons rebuild started at the end of 2013 when Paul Roos took over.

They went up the ladder every year with Roos, through to Goodwin until 2019 when they slumped dramatically. They've gradually rebounded back up the ladder from '20 into '21.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Pies4shaw wrote:Does Moore really escape scrutiny for that game? He had 5 disposals - yet, he's allegedly Collingwood's best player?
While this is true it is also true that he is an all Australian CHB. When Howe got injured they should have stopped the flirtation with Moore in the forward line. Even today after the first quarter it was clear he was where the ball wasn’t. He reads the play well as a defender.

Bucks’s rigidity in not moving him is another (glaring) coaching fail.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

masoncox wrote:And another thing.
People want Cox dropped.
Well we have done really well in the Forward line with out him. Lost 3 games straight.
I didn't see most of the game but I gather Cameron did nothing.
Cox will go to another club like hawthorn next year and do really well there.
Cameron backed up last week's game - pretty good again.
Looking fitter and more confident - playing smarter.
If its not wet you'd think they are all good enough to be of value in the 22.
And I'd rate Cox as one of our better wet weather performers.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Things can change pretty fast tho, look at the Deees last yr, and Goodwin, hopeless,now look at them. Putting Bucks aside, the Club needs a plan of action going forward, and it needs to start enacting it now, covering the entire Club, everyone must come under scrutiny. We need change, right thru the Club, coaches, trainers, fitness dept, recruting, it needs to be vast and comprehensive. Graham Wright is just the man for that job, we need a total rebuild and re fit of the Club. The future are our kids, keep playing them, get something out of the season. then hit the draft full on. The re build must start now.
The Dees rebuild started years ago. Don't be fooled that a rebuild can be quick. We are destined for years of wilderness before we come good again.

Even Clarkson credited Schwab in starting the rebuild before he took over. Stole a flag in 2008 but build to a successful team from 2012 onwards, which was 5 years after he took over.
Correct weight
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman