Post Match. Suns sink Pies. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

swoop42 wrote:I haven't seen the game (and never will now) but I take it Moore was ineffectual up forward and Thomas had what 2 possessions till 1/2 time was it?

Is anyone surprised?

Well the coach would be it would seem.

Honestly Moore is the reigning AA CHB. He spent the summer once again training as a defender. It's been reported it's his preferred position. Given our predicament it's fair to say the ball is going to be spending more time in our defensive 50 than forward half for the remainder of the season so doesn't it make more sense to place him in the position where he can influence far more contests than the 5 he did today.

Thomas kicked 38 goals from 26 games in 2018. He still managed 22 from 22 in 2019. He's kicked 6 in the last 21 games.

How he continues to be selected on the back of that diminishing output is a mystery to me. At 29 it's likely his best has now come and gone. Time for a kid to take his spot like a Rantall or Henry.
Moore had 5 disposals.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Less than 25,000 there, even the fans are voting with their feet.

This club is officially a rabble but some supporters actually want to continue with the status quo...
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

Gerry Cooper wrote:Malthouse on Friday night said he believes Buckley has played a role in the salary cap debacle by pressuring the club to keep certain players no matter what. And that Buckley is driven to be involved in all areas of player management. The implication is that his attempts to distance himself from the Grundy/Degoey debacle is disingenuous.
I don't know the extent of Buckley's involvement, but everyone involved has to be held to account.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

swoop42 wrote:I haven't seen the game (and never will now) but I take it Moore was ineffectual up forward and Thomas had what 2 possessions till 1/2 time was it?

Is anyone surprised?

Well the coach would be it would seem.

Honestly Moore is the reigning AA CHB. He spent the summer once again training as a defender. It's been reported it's his preferred position. Given our predicament it's fair to say the ball is going to be spending more time in our defensive 50 than forward half for the remainder of the season so doesn't it make more sense to place him in the position where he can influence far more contests than the 5 he did today.

Thomas kicked 38 goals from 26 games in 2018. He still managed 22 from 22 in 2019. He's kicked 6 in the last 21 games.

How he continues to be selected on the back of that diminishing output is a mystery to me. At 29 it's likely his best has now come and gone. Time for a kid to take his spot like a Rantall or Henry.
Ditto to the first part, but yes it’s funny how the coach is not to blame for our losses yet he chooses to play an AA CHB up forward, there is a very real reason Moore went back in the first place, yet much like the Buckley can coach fairytale, some Collingwood fans actually thought Moore would be better up forward, why?

Maybe, just maybe sometime in the last 10 years we should have considered recruiting a key forward?
Presti35
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Presti35 »

My shit day, by Presti35.

Blood test at 9am. Had to wait around 40 mins because it was busy and then someone kicked off about something?? Saw a Lamborghini almost run up the arse of a van if you can believe it on the ring road. Flying he was. Good brakes he has.

Spent an absolute shit load on new windows for the entire house. At least the Mrs will be happy, so maybe thats a win? But my wallet... ouch. Caught the train from around Coburg... Batman station. Got to my seat at the MCG.... knew I was in for an uncomfortable day. 25% of my seat taken up by the person in the next seat. Like my seat was already down and there was lots of leg already on it. Maybe some percentage of arse too. Now, I'm not fat shaming. I'm just saying I had little space and had to lean forward the whole game on a weird angle.

Then of course the game happened. There was a weird argument in the crowd. All I saw was some guy yelling in this guys ear about taking his head off. Dont know what happened but no one was watching the game at this point. A group of supporters was asked to leave the area not long after.

Then the rest of the game happened. We lost. To the Suns. At the MCG. Thank God I didnt put money on it. Cos I was thinking about it too. $1.55 I think we were paying.

A bird then shat on me outside the Holden Centre. That area around the back. Maybe that will be good luck for something later on?

Then I saw some idiot in an Amarok (Pies supporter too) get road rage at another guy and almost cause an accident with another car when merging onto the freeway. Saw him later down the road still being an idiot. He looked angry. Honestly, if you cant handle the Pies losing and a little bit of traffic, you need to stay at home. Some poor guy in another car almost copped it bad. Got it on dashcam.

Then I got home to the in laws. Unexpected visit. Essendon supporters. Wanting to know what happened to Collingwood. Also I think someone's nicked my bin, but that was yesterday.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Jezza wrote:
Gerry Cooper wrote:Malthouse on Friday night said he believes Buckley has played a role in the salary cap debacle by pressuring the club to keep certain players no matter what. And that Buckley is driven to be involved in all areas of player management. The implication is that his attempts to distance himself from the Grundy/Degoey debacle is disingenuous.
I don't know the extent of Buckley's involvement, but everyone involved has to be held to account.
Absolutely agree with you Gerry. How could Bux not have input into the types of players recruited and who should stay at all costs on the list?
I agree Jezza, everyone, the list management team, the recruitement team, as well as the coaches, must be held to account.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Weak as Piss.

Players are not even Trying that Hard any more

and

Coached even worse
I am Da Man
RudeBoy
Been liked: 88 times

Post by RudeBoy »

A very disappointing loss, but more so because our most dynamic player in De Goey was very lack lustre. He has so much talent, but seems to be lazy and certainly never looks super fit. Clearly the experiment of trying Moore up forward (which many Nicksters, including me, wanted) has failed, so he must return to defence.

Sadly, it will probably take 3 yrs until players like Macrae, McCeery and Poulter are capable of imposing themselves on games. They look very promising, and obviously we have a ready made player in Murphy.

It's going to be a long season, but as long as we give valuable experience to new players, I can accept this year as a re-set one.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:Lucky we play North next week, we're higher on the ladder to them so we're sure to win...
North are a Very Good Chance of Beating us next week
I am Da Man
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Dave The Man wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:Lucky we play North next week, we're higher on the ladder to them so we're sure to win...
North are a Very Good Chance of Beating us next week
It will be a very interesting game next week, for all the wrong reasons. It will be fascinating to see how Stepho plays against us. It will be interesting to see if our players run to him to congratulate him when he kicks his first goal against us.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Sensei Grundy wrote:Some good signs today.

Buckley should be given more time...
What Game where you Watching :roll:
I am Da Man
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

Dave The Man wrote:
Sensei Grundy wrote:Some good signs today.

Buckley should be given more time...
What Game where you Watching :roll:
He's being sarcastic, Dave.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Pies4shaw wrote:Does Moore really escape scrutiny for that game? He had 5 disposals - yet, he's allegedly Collingwood's best player?
When he is played in the Postion he was All-Australian in but lets put him Forward where he Barley sees the Ball and the Delivery to him is Disgusting
I am Da Man
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by Big T »

The whole 1st round pick and daicos debacle is absolutely shattering. We have literally nothing to look forward to in the draft.
Buon Giorno
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Big T wrote:The whole 1st round pick and daicos debacle is absolutely shattering. We have literally nothing to look forward to in the draft.
I don't understand why some are saying we can't get Nick Daicos anymore? Can anyone explain?
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins