Post Match. Suns sink Pies. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Magpietothemax wrote:
Big T wrote:The whole 1st round pick and daicos debacle is absolutely shattering. We have literally nothing to look forward to in the draft.
I don't understand why some are saying we can't get Nick Daicos anymore? Can anyone explain?

Yeh, hes father and son isnt he, heck half of bloody Geelong were father and sons, lets face facts. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Peponi

Post by Peponi »

Dave The Man wrote:
Sensei Grundy wrote:Some good signs today.

Buckley should be given more time...
What Game where you Watching :roll:
Collingwood fans have even lost their humour... That’s what happens when a robot coaches the club.

I was being sarcastic.
Formerly LeighBrownBrigade
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Gerry Cooper wrote:
Jezza wrote:^ Buckley's responsible for the way we play and the types of players we recruit.

When it comes to the salary cap debacle, we have to look at the list management personnel.
Malthouse on Friday night said he believes Buckley has played a role in the salary cap debacle by pressuring the club to keep certain players no matter what. And that Buckley is driven to be involved in all areas of player management. The implication is that his attempts to distance himself from the Grundy/Degoey debacle is disingenuous.
Well MM would say that wouldn't he. :roll:
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Magpietothemax wrote:
Big T wrote:The whole 1st round pick and daicos debacle is absolutely shattering. We have literally nothing to look forward to in the draft.
I don't understand why some are saying we can't get Nick Daicos anymore? Can anyone explain?
I think they’re just being a bit melodramatic.I’ve never heard anyone outside this forum saying that we won’t be able to get Nick Daicos.
swooper
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by swooper »

RudeBoy wrote:A very disappointing loss, but more so because our most dynamic player in De Goey was very lack lustre. He has so much talent, but seems to be lazy and certainly never looks super fit. Clearly the experiment of trying Moore up forward (which many Nicksters, including me, wanted) has failed, so he must return to defence.

Sadly, it will probably take 3 yrs until players like Macrae, McCeery and Poulter are capable of imposing themselves on games. They look very promising, and obviously we have a ready made player in Murphy.

It's going to be a long season, but as long as we give valuable experience to new players, I can accept this year as a re-set one.
Yeah I feel the same. Actually the result didn’t surprise me ( sadly). Jordie so disappointing
Peponi

Post by Peponi »

Richmond 3 premierships in 4 years... after Neil Balme left us to go to the Tigers because FIGJAM was a sook.

Balme was one of the reasons for Richmond’s success.

We’ll keep telling the world we are the biggest club in the land. If you said that to any other football code supporter in the world they’d laugh at you. Real Madrid, Manchester United, Juventus. They’re big because they win titles. It’s beyond a joke that we go around telling people we are a massive club. We ain’t until we start winning again. 25,000 people at the MCG today. On a beautiful day. Think about that for a moment.
Peponi

Post by Peponi »

I was at the ground and I was thinking, people aren’t buying memberships like they used to. Even those who don’t are not turning up either.

The club is in crisis.
Collingwouldn't
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Collingwouldn't »

piedys wrote:This is THE WORST Collingwood team i've ever had the misfortune to watch in 40 years.
so many underperforming, overpaid little princesses mollycoddled by the inner sanctum, instead of receiving harsh home truths.
There is actually no hope for this list, or the club.
Morale - zero. entire enterprise just clueless.
The stench of hubris is nauseating.

Too many compromised drafts ahead with zero reward for tanking.
Expect a minimum 3 - 4 years in bottom four.

Membership will plummet to a record low.

Get rid of this imbecile coach NOW; he has no answers, and no idea.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

The footy department needs to play the video of Nathan Murphy's mark on a continual loop all week. If that doesn't motivate certain lack lustre players to get of their bums, then nothing will. :wink:
Peponi

Post by Peponi »

Look at the 2010-11 team. How the f...k did that group break up? Because of FIGJAM. Beams, O’Brien, Didak, Thomas, Shaw (!!!!!!), Wellingham, Cloke (!!!!!), Joley (!!!), Krakouer all left before their careers were up. Why? Simply, because of FIGJAM.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

gurugeoff wrote:We have got no draft picks next year, as all will be needed for nick daicos, so you would have to trade current players for picks - how many on our list would attract a first round pick from another club? Maybe Moore/ de goey, so we can’t trade ourselves out of trouble, so what you see on our list this year we are stuck with.
No Way we should Trade Moore but I would for De Goey
I am Da Man
swooper
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by swooper »

PyreneesPie wrote:The footy department needs to play the video of Nathan Murphy's mark on a continual loop all week. If that doesn't motivate certain lack lustre players to get of their bums, then nothing will. :wink:
Probably the only highlight of the day. Well done
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

masoncox wrote:Couldn't be bothered going to the game.
Playing the pokies most of the game.
Went and had a late dinner during the first quarter.
Saw on the TV a gold coast player run past a player and receive the handball.
JT was so slow in working out what was going on and even slower chashing this bloke .... this caused me to say this is fuc..ed.
Went back to the pokies.
Looked again during the second quarter and saw Grundy get the tap out a few times only to get GC to take it away.
On the way home listening to the last rites of the game Mark MaClure said that our midfield was destroyed by GC.
Nothing seems to change at Pieland.
The midfield is smashed most games with Grundy getting massive hiitouts to the opposition.
No One can kick goals except Checkers.
Forwards are beaten nearly every week.
Only the backline works somewhat.
Mark MaClure said we won't get Nick Daicos next draft because we won't have enough points because of our pathetic drafting and culling of late.
As I have posted before....it is 1999 all over but I reckon our list is worse.
Ha ha .. playing the pokies .. at least we know you’re a moron
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Peponi

Post by Peponi »

A quarter of a century at the club and he hasn’t won a Premiership.

HELLO!

Dictators don’t get that many years in charge.

Seriously, if he hasn’t won a Premiership in 25 years as a player or coach, maybe, just maybe, he never will? Just putting it out there. Perhaps it’s time we moved on? You reckon?
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

magpieazza wrote:What a $hitshow, Im speechless.

Im only just hanging on to the belief we have a good coach in Bux but its painful. I think he needs better men around him in the box. He still commands respect atm amongst his players but they will look at him for answers and its not forth coming I suspect. .
Why do you think he still any Good?

He has No Idea what he is doing and Players don't care playing for him
I am Da Man