Post Match. Suns sink Pies. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

think positive wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:Why do posters keep trotting out the same old issues/complaints that have been done to death already? Or aren't they aware of this because they don't bother to read anyone else's posts except their own?
huh?
:lol: :lol: Aaah, I know you read other people's posts TP.
It's just that some say nothing but spew out negative diatribe, when it's already had a zillion comments made about it over the past few weeks. Don't they get tired of repeating their same old words over and over again? :wink: Do they ever acknowledge someone else's comments that have already been made about the topic, in order to create a constructive discussion? Rarely.

We need a bit of perspective and a bit of gumption to ride out the storm that will happen over the next few years.
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

^ I’m past getting Angry now though. It’s true I want change. I’ve stopped catering for losses. I welcome them if it’s the catalyst for change. I took the odds on GCS for $3.05.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Haff wrote:
gurugeoff wrote:Can we please try Grundy as a ruck rover. In his best year, he was as an extra midfielder that he was damaging - he has never been a good mark or knows how to ruck in the centre square. The centre square is a big melee really, and with his height and weight, he would be a hard matchup in there. He is a good kick and runner, and taking the ruck work off him would let him concentrate on other things. It’s not as though we have lots of options. When JT gets a clearance, the ball hardly clears the square.
I think the stats on him as a mid are below average. Of course that’s him playing as ruck and comparing his numbers to a mid.
It might be worth a try though? Even if for just 15 minutes to remind him of what he used to do so well in the instant he turned from ruckman to mid-fielder.?? The plus in the rest of the season is that anything can be tried, with nothing to lose.
I remember Bomber Thompson when he took over temporary coaching of Essendon during the supplements saga. He openly said that he'd do and say anything he wanted..... because he could! :lol:
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

PyreneesPie wrote:
think positive wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:Why do posters keep trotting out the same old issues/complaints that have been done to death already? Or aren't they aware of this because they don't bother to read anyone else's posts except their own?
huh?
:lol: :lol: Aaah, I know you read other people's posts TP.
It's just that some say nothing but spew out negative diatribe, when it's already had a zillion comments made about it over the past few weeks. Don't they get tired of repeating their same old words over and over again? :wink: Do they ever acknowledge someone else's comments that have already been made about the topic, in order to create a constructive discussion? Rarely.

We need a bit of perspective and a bit of gumption to ride out the storm that will happen over the next few years.

True mate, spot on. We are in a hole,but we will get out of it, we have done it before, takes time, patience, just have to stick by our kids, and weather the storm. Better days will come, down the track. :)
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Peponi

Post by Peponi »

Better days come when you take action.

Repeated the same thing only to get the same lousy result is madness.
Formerly LeighBrownBrigade
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

joemamone@gmail.com wrote:Trade Grundy and DeGoey. Neither are worth the money or the trouble.
We then might as well do what North Did last year just Gut the Team
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Sensei Grundy wrote:Our likely picks at the 2021 draft: 37, 39, 47, 50. Jesus...
Forgot Pick 1 with Nick Daicos but all those Picks be Eaten Up so we go back to bottom of the Draft with last few Picks
I am Da Man
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Piesnchess wrote:

True mate, spot on. We are in a hole,but we will get out of it, we have done it before, takes time, patience, just have to stick by our kids, and weather the storm. Better days will come, down the track. :)
Amen to that!!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Piesnchess wrote:
agree 100%.

Just get these kids the hell away from Nathan, Brenton and Robert and into the hands of a group of coaches that can develop and nurture their talent.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

eddiesmith wrote:Less than 25,000 there, even the fans are voting with their feet.

This club is officially a rabble but some supporters actually want to continue with the status quo...
Can't Stand the Buckley Cult :evil:
I am Da Man
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Sensei Grundy wrote:Better days come when you take action.

Repeated the same thing only to get the same lousy result is madness.
Sensei, get a grip :D Change and action is coming - there's nothing surer. "It won't happen overnight, but it will happen". With any change, comes a degree of patience to make sure it's change in its most productive form.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Sensei Grundy wrote:Look at the 2010-11 team. How the f...k did that group break up? Because of FIGJAM. Beams, O’Brien, Didak, Thomas, Shaw (!!!!!!), Wellingham, Cloke (!!!!!), Joley (!!!), Krakouer all left before their careers were up. Why? Simply, because of FIGJAM.
Because Bucks hate players that are NOT Robots or have Character
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:Presser for the game is now available here

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... deea8c91c8
That would just put me to Sleep
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Jezza wrote:Why are people shocked we got 24,000 today. I've seen worse crowd numbers.

I was only expecting 25,000 today.
How we going we might have Small Enough Crowd we could play the Game at Vic Park :wink:
I am Da Man
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Dave The Man wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:Less than 25,000 there, even the fans are voting with their feet.

This club is officially a rabble but some supporters actually want to continue with the status quo...
Can't Stand the Buckley Cult :evil:
I'm not one of them per say any longer, but perhaps they feel the same way about you?????