Post Match. Cats down Pies . All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote: What?? If he can coach, then why move him on??
FFS, just articulate it out loud. He cannot coach. So we need to move on.
It’s not as black and white as you put it. He can coach, but not well enough by the evidence. The various factors are already mentioned. But we need a new direction starting with the coach.
Um ok, evidence. Where is then the ‘evidence’ that he can coach?
2018 for starters. With respect it’s a silly question.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

watt price tully wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
watt price tully wrote:I think Buckley can coach, no doubt. However, he’s had more than enough time in my view.

Time to move on. Get a coach who is not from Collingwood. We need to draw a line in the sand with a new coach, new captain, new assistant coaches, and new people on the board (not everyone replaced though IMO)
What?? If he can coach, then why move him on??
FFS, just articulate it out loud. He cannot coach. So we need to move on.
It’s not as black and white as you put it. He can coach, but not well enough by the evidence. The various factors are already mentioned. But we need a new direction starting with the coach.
Well, i take that as game set and match. He can coach, but not well enogh.
I agree. This is the same as he cannot coach.
FFS are we really reduced to such a pussyfooting debate??
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Horatio Fin
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Horatio Fin »

Funny match to watch - I think the cats played below themselves just by being in our presence, lol.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

The definition of lunacy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result
That’s exactly what is happening at the moment with this team
Let’s compare last 2 weeks
Last week term 1 we took game on looked dangerous and then went defensive and lost
Today we started the game with a line up that meant we were going to be ultra defensive and not get blown out of the water early
Every move he made was defensive there wasn’t a positive aspect to it
Magden at FF ?
With Adams out we knew we needed some bodies at the contest
First bounce we had Sidey on narkle I thought to ty self who’s dumb idea is this. We all know Sidey isn’t a inside mid and for him to impact the team in any positive manner he needs to be outside and more likely playing forward like last week. Maybe it was just a mistake I thought but nope same happened at 2nd centre bounce. Sidey was following instructions not his fault at all
That’s poor coaching nothing else
Cameron has been good playing FF. He’s been marking or at least getting ball to ground and making defenders accountable not today we play Magden there
That’s a coaching decision
Out most experienced players and those you would believe know how to follow a game plan the most all mark stop looking sideways backwards and slow the play down at all costs
Buckley doesn’t make changes to be positive he makes them to be more defensive in a era when positive attacking play is the norm he goes against the grain expecting to win
He’s ultimate plan is not to be flogged each week it’s not about winning
The players are devoid of a positive influence or voice from above they are programmed against flair and attacking football
It’s defend defend defend at all costs
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

watt price tully wrote: 2018 for starters. With respect it’s a silly question.
Dont know how many times that it has been mentioned that this was due to the new assistant coaches, primarily Justin Longmuir.

When they left/were cut, we were back to 2017 game plan
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

qldmagpie67 wrote:The definition of lunacy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result
Last week term 1 we took game on looked dangerous and then went defensive and lost
Today we started the game with a line up that meant we were going to be ultra defensive and not get blown out of the water early
Magden at FF ?
First bounce we had Sidey on narkle I thought to ty self who’s dumb idea is this. We all know Sidey isn’t a inside mid and for him to impact the team in any positive manner he needs to be outside and more likely playing forward like last week. Maybe it was just a mistake I thought but nope same happened at 2nd centre bounce. Sidey was following instructions not his fault at all
Cameron has been good playing FF. He’s been marking or at least getting ball to ground and making defenders accountable not today we play Magden there
Out most experienced players and those you would believe know how to follow a game plan the most all mark stop looking sideways backwards and slow the play down at all costs
Buckley doesn’t make changes to be positive he makes them to be more defensive in a era when positive attacking play is the norm he goes against the grain expecting to win
The players are devoid of a positive influence or voice from above they are programmed against flair and attacking football
Agree Qld 100%. Everything is aimed just at preventing a blow out. He doesnt even care if we lose. He just wants to make sure it is honourable. He is suffocating the development of our young players.
Sorry Bux.
But right now your role is a millstone on our team. Ensure your longevity by preventing blow outs, regardless of how our young players are deployed.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
watt price tully

Magpietothemax wrote:
watt price tully wrote: 2018 for starters. With respect it’s a silly question.
Dont know how many times that it has been mentioned that this was due to the new assistant coaches, primarily Justin Longmuir.

When they left/were cut, we were back to 2017 game plan
I agree they played a significant role however the same logic then can be applied to any coach who does well.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Cruisinwithdids

Post by Cruisinwithdids »

watt price tully wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:
watt price tully wrote: It’s not as black and white as you put it. He can coach, but not well enough by the evidence. The various factors are already mentioned. But we need a new direction starting with the coach.
Um ok, evidence. Where is then the ‘evidence’ that he can coach?
2018 for starters. With respect it’s a silly question.
With respect it’s a absolutely relevant question. In 2018 Buckley was told to start listening to others after the ‘review’ and contract extension. Longmuir was in charge of ball movement. After that year Longmuir was snapped up & Buckley returned to his old ways. And now it’s 2021. The only ‘evidence’ I can see is that he cannot, and never could coach.
watt price tully

This can go on forever. I just don’t see it in such extreme terms as you do. Of course he can coach. However he’s been there 10 years, had a go and unfortunately for him and for us it hasn’t worked out. Time to move on ( my last words on the matter.....till my next ones)
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Jezza wrote:Does anyone know why Madgen started up forward?

Was he tagging Stewart?
No Jezza.
Surely you understood
:wink:
it was because he was tagging Stewart. How else could you possibly nullify an opposition defender except by tagging him??
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

qldmagpie67 wrote:The definition of lunacy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result
Magden at FF ?
Agree Qld 100%. Everything is aimed just at preventing a blow out. He doesnt even care if we lose. He just wants to make sure it is honourable. He is suffocating the development of our young players.
Sorry Bux.
But right now your role is a millstone on our team. Ensure your longevity by preventing blow outs, regardless of how our young players are deployed.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Pipes1970

Post by Pipes1970 »

Pies2016 wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:Just on Pendlebury people are being too tough. Pendlebury is a midfielder or nothing. He’s having to cover spots he shouldn’t be playing in. Having said that he doesn’t hurt our forward line like others do. He’s super competitive wherever he plays. He’s not the reason we’re in decline. Look no further than the three senior players we gave up last year.
Agree. He also copped one in the ribs early in the game and he was bandaged up at half time. While he hadn’t been at his best in recent weeks, it’s not easy playing out a game when you have bruised ribs.
The club is trying to squeeze an extra year out of him because the kids will learn more from playing alongside Pendlebury than anything they will learn from any whiteboard or match sim.
Pendles has also been playing injured. According to Bucks in the post game presser he had to go forward a few weeks ago because of an injured finger that prevents him from playing his usual midfield minutes. This explains why he hasn’t been his usual clean self for the last few weeks
It doesn't matter what happens.... I just love this bloody club!
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

A week in footy
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

schuey07 wrote:
think positive wrote:
Why oh why can you see it but the guy who gets paid a million a year can’t. Perfect summary of our issues and how to resolve them. Do you want a job coaching an AFL club, I hear there might be a vacancy soon.
hehe, id do it for free!! cheers, mate!!! just for a week even id love to see a fresh face in there just let them play to their strengths.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!