Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 29 times

Post by think better »

winterstick wrote:
masoncox wrote:Well the coach changed our game plan.
And what happened we won.
A big shout out to Noble.
His gut running in the last quarter was great to see.
STILL THINK cox is a better player than Cameron or LYNCH
couple of quick camera shots showed Wright(I think) telling Bucks what to do
Yeah I noticed this too - probably a good thing if Bucks takes advice from whoever is around him. Wright has got a great footy brain and might be asked to provide a view on anything he sees. Nothing sinister in this I reckon
I think therefore I think - I think
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by Big T »

Maybe Wright and Bucks are a good combination, who knows. Interesting to watch moving forward.
Buon Giorno
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Collingwouldn't wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:Up yours Adelaide you bogans!
Interesting take. We are The Aristocrats of the League, after all.
Yet to see a constructive or interesting post from you since you joined... not surprising given the nickname you chose

Piss off
Who lets the trolls in? Isn’t it invite only?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Leggie wrote:Great win. Well done boys
Seeing some pretty negative comments here. I for one am happy with the win.
Go Pies
yep! It’s going to be a long cold winter for us Melbourne folk, so I’m just going to enjoy this patch of happy!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
neil
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by neil »

Since when did Seedsman become a gun? He was very average at Collingwood and is a fringe player at the Cows. This ridiculous rewriting of history and fact denial does no one any good.
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Born to Pie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

With 10 minutes and 30 seconds to go in the third quarter, we cleared the ball out of the centre after a Tex Walker goal.

Daicos kicked the ball to Josh Thomas at half forward, who had to go back to take it overhead, I don't know what others thought, but I was thinking at the time he heard foot steps and never committed himself. He spilt the mark and Adelaide took it back to the other end and kicked another goal.

The commentators were talking about it saying as a senior player in a young side it wasn't a good look, Nick Riewoldt said it best "the delivery isn't always going to be perfect and sometimes you just have to steel yourself, stand your ground and show some conviction" (or words to that effect).

For me I've seen enough to say that Josh Thomas can't be in our future plans and I don't really believe what he actually brings to the side is enough to justify his selection.
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
matrix10

Post by matrix10 »

Born to Pie wrote:With 10 minutes and 30 seconds to go in the third quarter, we cleared the ball out of the centre after a Tex Walker goal.

Daicos kicked the ball to Josh Thomas at half forward, who had to go back to take it overhead, I don't know what others thought, but I was thinking at the time he heard foot steps and never committed himself. He spilt the mark and Adelaide took it back to the other end and kicked another goal.

The commentators were talking about it saying as a senior player in a young side it wasn't a good look, Nick Riewoldt said it best "the delivery isn't always going to be perfect and sometimes you just have to steel yourself, stand your ground and show some conviction" (or words to that effect).

For me I've seen enough to say that Josh Thomas can't be in our future plans and I don't really believe what he actually brings to the side is enough to justify his selection.
It was a terrible kick from Daicos- JT has been ordinary- yet your comment is ridiculous

From last night's game- taking this point out as a focus is sad.
matrix10

Post by matrix10 »

Great win- as many have said- Bianco, Poulter, Murphy and even Rantall showed the future isnt bleak.
JAmie phenomenal- imagine if he had had an injury free career? Scary.
Pleasing to see Sidey and Pendles influence the game when it mattered.
Kudos to Cal Brown- 11 disposals and 7 takcles in a half- and he was involved in setting up most of our goals in the second half.
Adelaide have beaten Melbourne and Geelong- so clearly aren't terrible.
A very good win considering the year we are having- greta to give the young fellas a taste of victory
woodys_world69
Been liked: 25 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

Some of the bone head responses in here are insane
Seedsman the best player we ever let go?

Mal Michael and his 3 premierships and all australian Squad's MIGHT have u covered.

The OP probably doesnt even know Mal Michael played for collingwood
Born to Pie

Post by Born to Pie »

matrix10 wrote:It was a terrible kick from Daicos- JT has been ordinary- yet your comment is ridiculous

Like I said I don't know what other think, but "ridiculous"?

Nick Riewoldt didn't think much of the effort and was prepared to say so, he knows what it takes to be an AFL footballer, do you?

I don't think J. Thomas knows either, you two could be friends.
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
matrix10

Post by matrix10 »

Born to Pie wrote:
matrix10 wrote:It was a terrible kick from Daicos- JT has been ordinary- yet your comment is ridiculous

Nick Riewoldt didn't think much of the effort and was prepared to say so, he knows what it takes to be an AFL footballer, do you?

watch it agin- and commentators have been know to 'occasionally' get it wrong ;) I didn't think much of Nick Riewoldts efforts in the commentary box

It was a hospital kick form Daicos- too high - which allowed the Crows player smash into Thomas and knock the ball their way.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

The kick was shit but Thomas didn’t go hard enough. He shat himself.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

woodys_world69 wrote:Some of the bone head responses in here are insane
Seedsman the best player we ever let go?

Mal Michael and his 3 premierships and all australian Squad's MIGHT have u covered.

The OP probably doesnt even know Mal Michael played for collingwood
Seedsman wasn't even the best player we let go that season.
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

Born to Pie wrote:

I think it's a ridiculous call too.
I remember at the time yelling at the TV over Riewoldt's comments. The ball was kicked way too high for him, he missed the mark. Big deal. Happens every 10 mins and people don't go on about it.

Great win by the way.
Born to Pie

Post by Born to Pie »

matrix10 wrote:It was a hospital kick form Daicos- too high - which allowed the Crows player smash into Thomas and knock the ball their way.
M10 get your eyes tested, don't ever comment when you don't know what you are talking about, the Adelaide player that won the ball was No33 Brodie Smith and he made NO contact with Josh Thomas at all, let alone smash into him, your comment and assertions are in your own words ridiculous.