#35 Nick Daicos

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
The General
Has liked: 3 times

Post by The General »

I guess things at Carlton are worse then appear if he has committed to us rather than go into the draft and chance getting picked up by them.
gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

Why can’t clubs be nice to each other, and let him come to us on our first bid. He’s coming to us anyway, so do something nice in this dark times.

Why would you pick daicos number 1, we match it, so then North pick someone else, that young fella knowing that North wanted someone else really
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

He moves a lot more like his dad than Josh does.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Highlight Package from this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDaRSUdQhNM
I am Da Man
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Dave The Man wrote:Highlight Package from this year:

I looked at all the highlights .......nothing really stood out.
I remember looking at his father when he first appeared in the seconds.
He looked awesome then.
Nick looks a good kick but we will wait and see.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by Pies2016 »

gurugeoff wrote:Why can’t clubs be nice to each other, and let him come to us on our first bid. He’s coming to us anyway, so do something nice in this dark times.

Why would you pick daicos number 1, we match it, so then North pick someone else, that young fella knowing that North wanted someone else really
Five reasons - 1 ) it’s the recruiting teams night off nights. They are obliged to pick whoever they believe is the best player available that suits their needs.
2 ) What if the bidding club decided they wouldn’t nominate the player because they knew he was an F / S selection. However what they didn’t know was that the F / S club wasn’t prepared to commit to such a high bid. The club who didn’t nominate him may have just missed out on the very player they really wanted.
3 ) the sooner you flush out the two F / S nominations, then the further all other clubs move up the draft order and position themselves better for any swapping of picks on the night.
4 ) you can’t afford to give opposition clubs a free hit. The dogs matched the number one pick last year as an NGA prospect. Imagine if clubs didn’t call out Darcy early and they handed them yet another 10 year key forward on a plate.
5 ) it’s Collingwood
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 29 times

Post by think better »

He looks like he makes quick and good decisions. Knows when to take the game on or get rid of it quickly.
I think therefore I think - I think
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 29 times

Post by think better »

I can't believe there isn't more excitement about this one - I know it was all but a done deal but now that its confirmed it is pretty damn good
I think therefore I think - I think
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by Pies2016 »

think better wrote:

He looks like he makes quick and good decisions. Knows when to take the game on or get rid of it quickly.
The problem with a Nick Daicos highlight reel is that they aren’t really highlights. He does this stuff week in, week out every time he’s around the footy. Judd was quicker and Rowell was stronger but no one reads the play like this kid does. He has a sixth sense on the football field and you can’t highlight that on a video clip.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 90 times

Post by RudeBoy »

burnsy17 wrote:He moves a lot more like his dad than Josh does.
They both move with that low centre of gravity. I think being taller makes him look more like his old man. Peter and now Nick actually remind me of johnny Greening in the way they move. Can't wait to see him play for us round one next year.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Welcome to the Magpies young Kid Daicos Mk 3. Looks a really future talented player, great pick up, finally we get something right, for Trades, Draft etc, after last yrs total train wreck, now we can put Treolar and Stevo behind us, and move on.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

What happens if say North pick out Sam Darcy first and he is matched by dogs. Then they call out Nick. Could we claim he was actually pick 2 not pick 1. I mean how farcical would it be if one club started just plucking out all the F/S that are highly ranked. Say 4 picks that are matched. They get who they want at their 5th pick. The premiers then get pick 14 instead of 18 and the side finishing 8th could move up 4 picks as well. If North have a potential top 5 pick FS in the future any of those 4 clubs will remember and at the first opportunity one of hose clubs seeks revenge or someone with a pick around 18-20 bid on a NGA player or stuff up their salary cap by attacking their restricted free agency players forcing the club to match bids.

It could end up like the Richmond-Collingwood war of the 1980s. Those who remember it will tell you it was carnage. Nearly sent both clubs to the wall financially.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

ronrat wrote:What happens if say North pick out Sam Darcy first and he is matched by dogs. Then they call out Nick. Could we claim he was actually pick 2 not pick 1. I mean how farcical would it be if one club started just plucking out all the F/S that are highly ranked. Say 4 picks that are matched. They get who they want at their 5th pick. The premiers then get pick 14 instead of 18 and the side finishing 8th could move up 4 picks as well. If North have a potential top 5 pick FS in the future any of those 4 clubs will remember and at the first opportunity one of hose clubs seeks revenge or someone with a pick around 18-20 bid on a NGA player or stuff up their salary cap by attacking their restricted free agency players forcing the club to match bids.

It could end up like the Richmond-Collingwood war of the 1980s. Those who remember it will tell you it was carnage. Nearly sent both clubs to the wall financially.
Means it would cost us less Points the Pick 1 so club would not mind that Happening

Lot of Teams over the Time have Passed on Bidding on Highly Rated Talents where they Dropped Further then they should
I am Da Man
woodys_world69
Been liked: 25 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

The Carlton disaster helped make up his mind i think...plus we have the world class facilities.