#35 Nick Daicos

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by Big T »

Gee the highlights show a cross between his old.man and Alan didak. Loving this.
Buon Giorno
MagpieWhisperer35
Been liked: 3 times

Post by MagpieWhisperer35 »

Dave The Man wrote:Highlight Package from this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDaRSUdQhNM
Those highlights remind me of Didak.... you beauty.
Go Pies
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

I have a feeling that Josh would improve his game when Nick arrives as he would desperately want to play together with him. I can see both the Daicos boys having long careers at Collingwood. Bring it on
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Donny wrote:I've never really understood much about this stuff.

Why wasn't Nick considered a straightforward 'father/son' recruit ?
Does my head in sometimes too.

The beauty of this Father/son thing is that if you look at this year for example, we have our first pick at 33. Nick is a top 3 player and probably would go at first pick. However as a father / son we have the power to use our crappy picks to get him. Big win thanks to the father / son rule!!

The reason why its a bit murky this year is that we traded our high picks this year for some mid/low range picks and we are on the tipping point of affording ( in points ) ND. We will get him but we may have to sacrifice next years first round pick position to get some points to get ND in this years draft. eg our first round pick next year may slip down a few spots. UNLESS we trade a player(s) for picks eg Sier for a second or third round pick which gives us some points to get ND.

Hope this helped un muddy the waters
:shock: :wink:
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

On the AFL website Cal Twomey has Nick at No.1

https://www.afl.com.au/news/672935/cal- ... st-ranking

Here's what he thinks....

Midfielder
183cm/72kg
3/1/03
Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro

Last week Daicos made it official by nominating to Collingwood as a father-son prospect and agreeing to a four-year deal. It will see the Magpies match any bid that comes for the ultra-talented midfielder, with the possibility that for the second straight year a bid comes at No.1 in the draft. Daicos is a delightful player to watch: he takes risks with the ball by hand and foot, sneaks in between packs and squeezes past opponents, rarely fumbles, hits the scoreboard and gathers high amounts of the footy. Averaged 36 disposals and two goals in the NAB League this year and was best-afield in his one Vic Metro performance with 41 disposals and two goals.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Believe the hype.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Cal not doing us any favours - would rather he had Horne and Darcy at 1 and 2
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Pies2016 wrote:
Conversely, should one party decide they dont want to invest in the other, then the son just goes into the draft and takes his chances.
According to Sam Edmunds on SEN, Nick did consider the notion of by passing Collingwood, due to the enormous pressure and expectation that becomes with being a Daicos. Apparently had a chat with GC Suns mid-season and was tempted.
He neglects to say why Nick decided not to go to the draft though.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

Pies2016 wrote:Believe the hype.
But temper your expectations; we don't need a Rowell type scenario...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
SteveH67

Post by SteveH67 »

Shit for brains SEN reporter claiming Nick Daicos was thinking of nominating Gold Coast Suns over us due to F/S pressure.

Rubbish and reported through FoxSports of course.

I wish Murdoch and his media would be held to account and have their arses handed to them for the crap they spout as news.
Social club member 7342 since 2000.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by Pies2016 »

piedys wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:Believe the hype.
But temper your expectations; we don't need a Rowell type scenario...

You are right, we all need to temper expectations but he arrives as a prodigious talent and nothing will change that. When you see him play live ( I have seen six quarters of the Chargers this year ) it’s hard not to be excited.
He also starts 2022 as a 19 year old, so he arrives more physically mature than previous draftees.

And I would hope if Daicos did a PCL, we would manage it much better than GCS managing of Rowells knee. No wonder no one wants to stay up there.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

PyreneesPie wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Conversely, should one party decide they dont want to invest in the other, then the son just goes into the draft and takes his chances.
According to Sam Edmunds on SEN, Nick did consider the notion of by passing Collingwood, due to the enormous pressure and expectation that becomes with being a Daicos. Apparently had a chat with GC Suns mid-season and was tempted.
He neglects to say why Nick decided not to go to the draft though.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Understandably he would "consider" it, but did he ever "seriously consider" it?
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

^ I reckon the "considered suns" story is a total crock of shit.
Someone said something to someone who heard that someone thought something one time........
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
MAY-Z

Post by MAY-Z »

Hmmm

After watching Horne-Francis in the flesh absolutely dominate the SANFL preliminary final last night, Daicos would have to something very very special to justify matching a pick 1, maybe a bigger chance that north will just pick Horne-Francis at 1 now anyway I think