T20 World Cup.

For all sporting topics - news, discussion, score updates etc. - other than Aussie Rules and Premier League Soccer.

Moderators: pies4ever, bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ So, it seems, is everybody else (who bets - I don't). Sportsbet has Australia $1.62 and NZ $2.30.

Ladbrokes has Australia 1.60 and NZ 2.30.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Pies4shaw wrote: If Siefert comes in to keep, he's got a poor record against Australia. 6 T20 innings against Australia (all in NZ) with a top score of 19, a second best of 12 and 4 scores under 10.
Is Siefert the only other keeping option available to the Kiwis?
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Probably not. They may have an actual wicketkeeper in the squad. It doesn't really matter because the NZ coach has already said that Seifert gets the gig.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

90 nice wrote:Tipping an Aussie win to win the t20 World Cup win the toss and bowl
So what if they lose the toss? :?: :!:
K

Post by K »

90 nice wrote:I’ve got my eye on next years t20 World Cup when Australia hosts it MCG to hold the semi final and grand final too
You mean getting tickets?

Certainly will be strange having two Slogathon World Cups in the space of a year. Big opportunity for Oz now.
K

Post by K »

Of course, whatever the result of the final, NZ are clearly the best team in world cricket over all forms.

World Test Champions.
ODI Runners Up (robbed by a silly rule).
Slogathon Champion or Runner Up.

Knox knows this:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/ne ... 5982p.html
K

Post by K »

Geoff Lawson:

"Australia’s loss to England came flavoured with a bizarre batting order and the most productive player of the previous 10 matches dropped due to unflattering “match-ups” against spin bowling. ...

The one contentious match-up that may arise is New Zealand’s batting success against seam bowling and relative struggles versus spin. Could Justin Langer be brave enough to follow the numbers, as he did in dropping Mitchell Marsh, and insert Ashton Agar...

It would be a brave call to leave Pat Cummins on the bench, but T20 requires a heavy dash of fearlessness. The balance between fearless and reckless so often defines the direction of matches limited to 120 balls.

The use of Ish Sodhi’s and Mitchell Santner’s spinning overs through the middle are of immense importance to the Kiwis. Southee, Boult and Milne have featured in the power play in every qualifying game...

The Black Caps’ batting has been reliable and dynamic. Martin Guptill is a world-leading opener, Daryl Mitchell has emerged as a shooting star, Williamson is consistently brilliant, James Neesham has become the finisher...

There is no clear favourite in this race. It is likely that a brilliant boundary, robbing catch, a two-wicket over or a 10-ball 30 will turn the tide. And either team has the talent to do all of the above."

(SMH)
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

NZ has drifted in Ladbrokes' odds to 2.35.
K

Post by K »

What time is the coin toss? :?:
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/th ... 598n9.html
Pat Cummins is worth more than the entire New Zealand XI put together. ...

Cummins ($3.17 million), Glenn Maxwell ($2.63 million) and David Warner ($2.3 million) all have IPL deals worth more than the entire likely New Zealand team that will take to the field for the final.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Tipping an Aussie win in the t20 final and finally getting their hands on the t20 world cup trophy for the first ever time.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Look, at this stage of the tournament, I'm confident Australia can finish in the top 2.
Donny
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Donny »

Final. Tonight. 1 AM.

Australia v. New Zealand.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Donny
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Donny »

What Finch & Langer must instill in the team: Making the final was never the goal. Winning it IS.

I experienced this, one year. We made the final, against all expectations. We lost. Our effort was poor. My players had played their final - in the semi.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

K wrote:
K wrote:
Lazza wrote:Excellent squad that should do very well. ...
Surpised you are so optimistic.

They've fallen off a cliff in the past year. The biggest problem is that they're hopeless against spin.
Well, Lazza, they might well win the WC! But that won't make them "excellent"!! Wouldn't be a very worthy Slogathon Champion. But dunno who would be.

They are certainly hopeless against spin. Fell apart against the leggie in the SF. Of course, FTB Smith was atrocious against the leggie. He has a known weakness against the ball spinning away. He was lucky not to be out for a duck second ball. (Edged past keeper.)
Like I initially thought, this Aussie squad selected was impressive and hopefully they will play an excellent final to bring home the bacon. I have a confidence in this team but geez, you can never write off the kiwis in any sport. Rarely are grand finals really close games but in 20/20 cricket you can never tell. Apparently most of the winning teams bowled first because of the problems with dew at night. Not convinced that the final would be any different. I think the mighty Aussies can and will win this one.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!