Big Bash League.

For all sporting topics - news, discussion, score updates etc. - other than Aussie Rules and Premier League Soccer.

Moderators: pies4ever, bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Donny »

Final. Friday night.

Scorchers v. Sixers. Marvel.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

I might go to the final of the bbl love the Sydney 6ers to get revenge and win over Perth
Donny

Post by Donny »

Strikers players in doubt for the final: Henriques, O'Keefe, Hughes and Silk.
Donny.

Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

Donny wrote:Can hear Skids' cheering, from here. :D
With 4 overs to go I got $5. Was more just a punt on hope than anything. Great win!
Don't count the days, make the days count.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

K wrote:
K wrote:Sixers will have to regroup... and stop whingeing about not being allowed to play FTB Smith.

Dunno why some media say it's not allowed on a "technicality". Huh?? :shock: FTB was not on the Sixers' list! If the other teams allowed it, it'd be like allowing the Sixers extra spots on the list and extra salary cap space.

Strikers have Carey and Head... That's 'cos they were on the Strikers' list. They had to carry on when those fellas were unavailable and still fit them in their salary cap.

Scorchers have Jhye, Inglis and M. Marsh. That's cos they were on the Scorchers' list. They had to carry on when those fellas were unavailable and still fit them in their salary cap.

It's simple. It's not a "technicality"...
Wowee... :shock:

More whingeing... Whingeing article from M. Conn. Must be 'cos he's from Sydney. Unhinged!! FTB is not on the Sixers' list. It's irrelevant who he played for 10 years ago or 1 year ago...

At least S'OK recognised this... SO'K said they could let Cummins play for Thunder and Green for Scorchers.... That won't work... 'cos we don't even know the other Oz players want to play BBL. Just to make FTB and Sixers happy, you'd have to persuade the others to play... :shock: Who'd they persuade to play for Strikers??? (It'd need to be someone the Strikers would actually play... Starc??? :shock: )

Madness...
Sheesh... :shock: :shock:

Wouldya believe it? Sixers have tried again to smuggle FTB Smith into their team. Huh??? What is their argument? Just 'cos they've got injuries, they should be allowed to put in someone not on their list?? Madness...

Maybe get back to them and say, okay, you can play FTB if the Scorchers can play Maxwell... Makes the same sense... i.e. no sense at all.

The Sixers are turning themselves into the Carlton of the BBL.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ They've won the competition the last two years, so there's very little of Carlton about them.

What's with all the faux controversy? I don't understand why you can't just watch it (or not) and enjoy it (or not) for what it is. It isn't proper cricket. It's just a summer diversion. Most days, one struggles the next day to recall which teams one was watching the previous day.
K

Post by K »

So you should let teams cheat by playing players outside their list (and therefore outside the salary cap)??

Huh?? At the least, there's money at stake. And Slogathons are all about the money.

The "controversy" isn't mine. It's all over the media. Every Sixers player's been asked about it. Turner's been asked about it. Past players and journos have expressed outrage. They must have pea brains. Maybe they should pay more attention to AFL. Then they might understand stuff like list management and salary caps.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

I have no interest and I don't care. There will be a game played tomorrow night. Each team will have the requisite number of players. It will probably be fun to watch but by Sunday week, I hope that I will struggle to recall which teams played, let alone who played for them.

As for taking any interest at all in their salary cap or selection issues, really why?

Since you pose the question, though, it'd be more fun if Maxwell turned out for one or other team (or, still better, for both) but that probably won't happen.
K

Post by K »

No one's being forced to take an interest in salary caps or selection issues.

It's just scary when there's crazy talk from cricket journos who should know better. All anyone needs to know is that salary caps and player lists exist and why. That's all.

Injuries are part of sport... And a lotta the Sixers' "injuries" are self-inflicted. So they should have to deal with them legally.

e.g. Silk was already carrying a hamstring injury. They rolled the dice.

SO'K is old and has a history of calf strains.

Hughes was warming up alone when he had his accident.

And then there are the COVID boys...

No sympathy for the Sixers from me.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Sydney 6ers to win
K

Post by K »

^ I now hope not. They tried 3 times (as reported by cricket.com.au) to be allowed to cheat the system and play FTB Smith. It's appalling...

But good for FTB... Shows at least a BBL team wants him. The IPL teams don't.

Sixers will want a track with nothing at all for bowlers... If there's something for bowlers, J. Richardson, Behrendorff, Agar and friends could rip through them. Turner said M. Marsh will play, but may not bowl.

Odds:
Scorchers 1.34, Sixers 3.29.
K

Post by K »

Sixer win toss and choose to bowl.

Teams??

Looks like Hughes passed his fitness test...

Scorchers XI: Josh Inglis (wk), Kurtis Patterson, Mitch Marsh, Colin Munro, Ashton Turner (c), Laurie Evans
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Scorchers 1/7.
Donny

Post by Donny »

Bird strikes. Patterson gone.

1/7. Marsh to the crease.
Donny.

Donny

Post by Donny »

3/20. Marsh gorrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnn. Lyon strikes with his first ball.
Donny.