Tales of The Don.

For all sporting topics - news, discussion, score updates etc. - other than Aussie Rules and Premier League Soccer.

Moderators: pies4ever, bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 25 times

Tales of The Don.

Post by Donny »

Got any good Bradman tales ?

I'll start with this one:

An ambitious young reporter asked Sir Don, "How do you think you'd go, in this modern era" ?

Bradman: "Oh, I'd average in the fifties"

Reporter (thinking he had a 'gotcha' moment), "Aha. That's a lot less than your 99.94 days"

Bradman: "Well, I am 94"

^ Not word for word. But as I remember it. The gist is there.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Donny

Post by Donny »

From London Dave:

Dean Jones and Merv Hughes are playing golf in Adelaide, with Bradman. They come to a dog leg hole, with a rather large tree covering the dog leg, preventing one from hitting straight for the green.

Bradman makes the comment to his two partners, "When I was your age, I could clear that tree." His partners subsequently lose a few balls trying to clear the tree. After winning the hole, Bradman remarks.."Of course when I was your age, the tree was only 6 feet high!"

:D
Donny.

Donny

Post by Donny »

Another from LD..

Nice one Donny, I heard a story from Michael Holding, who said after Bradman had been introduced to the Windies team at tea during the Adelaide test (89 I think) Dean Jones made 200+ not out, Merv got 70no from memory. Patrick Patterson was heard to say about Bradman something along the lines of "Look at that little man, I would have no trouble getting him out, a few bouncers and then I'd bowl him"
Holding then replied to Patterson "Mate, you can't even get Merv Hughes out!"

Would he be any good today? Yep, probably better!
Donny.