Post Match. Pies down to Dogs. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

nomadjack

Post by nomadjack »

masoncox wrote:
nomadjack wrote:
masoncox wrote:beggs .....3 disposals.
Last week and the week before trashed.
Must be better than Cox.
Everyone keeps telling me that.
Sadly he is. That's how far Cox has fallen away. You're kidding yourself if you think he offers anything going forward.
Mate I don't think anyone could be worse than Beggs at the moment.
His stats are worst by far compared to Cox
You're right. Last time Cox played he ripped it up with 4 disposals. No doubt he will get a run to give Begg a rest but that dead horse has been flogged
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by Big T »

I can't believe the number of in the backs we weren't paid and then when we have momentum in the last quarter de goey gets pinged and then the bs dissent rule.

Notice richo said "I know we aren't allowed to say this" so clearly the afl gestapo have told commentators not to complain about umpires.

Question - were we booing the dogs Sudanese kid?
Buon Giorno
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

Poor loss, but I actually feel less aggrieved than last week. Taking Pendles out all of a sudden made the team look very, very young.

Actually liked the coaches post-match presser.
Last edited by piffdog on Sat May 14, 2022 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

^ yeah to change the tone a bit. How good was Fly in the presser! Cool and calm, no excuses, backs his players and articulates the problem (not all players executing the game plan).
After a bad loss, it’s reassuring to know just how gooder hands the club is in!
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

^^ No. 24 for the Dogs is Buku Khamis. It was the Dogs fans calling his first name which sounded like boos.

Same as when Krueger was playing, 'Krug' sounded like boos when he had the ball.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Big T

Post by Big T »

Dark Beanie wrote:^^ No. 24 for the Dogs is Buku Khamis. It was the Dogs fans calling his first name which sounded like boos.

Same as when Krueger was playing, 'Krug' sounded like boos when he had the ball.
Great thanks Beanie.

Great to see we applauded Treloar... of course the media won't comment as it's too positive a story for Collingwood
Buon Giorno
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

I’m not sure if it’s been commented on yet as I haven’t read through the 10 pages of this thread, but I thought for the first time ever, Tyler Brown showed me something last night to give me some hope.

His brother Cal also showed me something last night….but it wasn’t good!!
Beware the swooping Magpie.
aus50ford
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by aus50ford »

As I sit here doing my compulsory Sat morning shift at work (knowing there be no customers) - alone with my thoughts ...
I feel this loss is the hardest of the season so far, most of the previous ones were honourable, if you could say that ?
But last night ...
Devastated when Madge when down, felt for all of the boys as we all know they can do it,

and what's with the chippy/chippy game from the Dogs - gutless football in my eyes
I don't have a snappy catch phrase
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Pies2016 wrote:
Sensei Grundy wrote:Playing one Brown brother is like playing with one less player. Playing two is a guaranteed loss.
Give it up, clown. Maybe tell us about your footy history for something different. At least the posts would be shorter.
Wasn’t it Walsh from Essendon who was said to have played the worst first 50 games for Essendon than any other player? It was Walsh and Kevin Sheedy who had the last laugh when Walsh ended up a premiership player. A couple of ours would be Toovey and Gayfer. The point is players take time and develop at different rates. Callum could stay the same he is or come on as a player any time. It only takes one game for it to click. No one knows the answer to that. McRae doesn’t know the answer and none of us do either. Time will tell.
MatthewBoydFanClub

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Dark Beanie wrote:^^ No. 24 for the Dogs is Buku Khamis. It was the Dogs fans calling his first name which sounded like boos.

Thought he was fantastic for them. Speaking of which, what happened to that Sudanese player we signed? Is he still with us?
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

What'sinaname wrote:
masoncox wrote:beggs .....3 disposals.
Last week and the week before trashed.
Must be better than Cox.
Everyone keeps telling me that.
Let's compare the average over the last three games:

Aiden Begg
disposals: 10.3
hitouts: 2.3
goals: 0

Mason Cox
disposals: 6
hitouts: 3.7

goals: 0.3

You're going to struggle to convince anyone that Cox is a better option than Begg when you compare both players over their last 3 games.
We will see over the next few weeks how Cox goes
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au

Post by kymbo5@yahoo.com.au »

think positive wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:A BIG shout out to Jack crisp and Noble, never give up, ever, hearts as big as pumpkins, as ol jock said.
Agree
YES! Great positive post. Thank you.
kymbo
GreekLunatic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

Why do we play a home game at bulldogs ground. We miss having grundy there . The good thing about this year is Fly sees who can and cant make it
Big T

Post by Big T »

Great thanks Beanie.

Great to see we applauded Treloar... of course the media won't comment as it's too positive a story for Collingwood
Buon Giorno
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

GreekLunatic wrote:Why do we play a home game at bulldogs ground. We miss having grundy there . The good thing about this year is Fly sees who can and cant make it
you would think that, but he keeps playing Callum Brown in the face of strong evidence that Callum doesn't really play football. He really just runs around a football ground and occasionally, and accidentally gets in the way of the ball.