#35 Nick Daicos

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

DP
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Media Ignoring Nick Daicos Dominace in last 2 Games

Post by Dave The Man »

I am getting Pretty Pissed Off how the Media is Ignoring Nick Daicos who is having 1 of the Best Rookie Seasons ever.

But Postive Collingwood New they Just Seem not to Mention it

#Pathetic
I am Da Man
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I like him flying under the radar actually. He’s getting the praise at the club and that’s what matters. He’s gotta be favourite for the rising star surely
Donny
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Donny »

Yep. I was somewhat surprised he got no coaches' votes, against Melbourne.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Media Ignoring Nick Daicos Dominace in last 2 Games

Post by What'sinaname »

Dave The Man wrote:I am getting Pretty Pissed Off how the Media is Ignoring Nick Daicos who is having 1 of the Best Rookie Seasons ever.

But Postive Collingwood New they Just Seem not to Mention it

#Pathetic
No sure what media you mean, but this was on AFL.com.au

https://www.afl.com.au/news/779532/list ... king-spark

The coach was also asked in the post game press conference.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Keep it this way. Like Nick flying under the radar too.

I think he likes it and we do too even though he doesnt get much rapts who cares he is a bloody good footy player.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

He will win the Rising Star award for sure.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 106 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I’m still pissed off with those two clowns, Montagna and “ recycled stats “ King declaring J H - F was easily the best player in the draft. Montagna should be called out for that rubbish. He claimed to have seen a lot of footage of both and J H - F and Daicos and that J H-F was clearly a better player. Well perhaps he’s just not much of a judge of junior talent.
In truth, J H - F has been lucky to have been selected for a nomination. Kicked something like three goals for the season playing centre / forward and also shown toddler like petulance over the last couple weeks.

How you going, Dave ??
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Monco Matt

Welcome to Collingwood #35 Nick Daicos

Post by Monco Matt »

I want the media to ignore us, we don't need all the fuss. Remember what happened to our last Rising Star winner?

Let's fly under the radar for once, who knows, we may actually become a successful team without so much attention.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

agreed, he has looked really good lately,

for what it's worth, today's sun has all the 'experts' looking into their crystal ball, and only a couple of them nominated Nick D as the rising star winner.

The majority went for Jai Newcombe from Hawthorn and De Koning at Geelong. No one nominated jason horne smith (is that his name? can't be bothered looking it up)
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

I couldn't give a rodents rectum what the media want to write about.

We all know he is an amazing talent and looks set to follow in his dads footsteps.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

Pies2016 wrote:I’m still pissed off with those two clowns, Montagna and “ recycled stats “ King declaring J H - F was easily the best player in the draft. Montagna should be called out for that rubbish. He claimed to have seen a lot of footage of both and J H - F and Daicos and that J H-F was clearly a better player. Well perhaps he’s just not much of a judge of junior talent.
In truth, J H - F has been lucky to have been selected for a nomination. Kicked something like three goals for the season playing centre / forward and also shown toddler like petulance over the last couple weeks.

How you going, Dave ??
Playing in a pretty woeful team. I hope Nick wins the award, but lets take a look at both of them after 100 games.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Presti35
Has liked: 226 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by Presti35 »

Piesnchess wrote:He will win the Rising Star award for sure.
Are you sure?

AFL would sure love a mid season draftee to win it.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

Monco Matt wrote:I want the media to ignore us, we don't need all the fuss. Remember what happened to our last Rising Star winner?

Let's fly under the radar for once, who knows, we may actually become a successful team without so much attention.
True, but potential is temporary. Character is permanent. Nick Daicos has a ton of the latter. The other RS winner, not so much.
stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Skids wrote:I couldn't give a rodents rectum what the media want to write about.

We all know he is an amazing talent and looks set to follow in his dads footsteps.
I couldn't give a rotund rodents rectum whether he wins the rising star award or not, we got ourselves a good one here.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.