Post Match. Pies v. Giants. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by slangman »

Unless we rectify our inaccuracy, we will continue keeping the opposition in the game and therefore having to use up maximum energy every week just to win.
This prevents players from conserving energy in the marathon 22 games.
All other aspects of the game are working well but this is a big problem long term and unless it improves, we struggle to be a serious contender.
- Side By Side -
Presti35
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by Presti35 »

Monco Matt wrote:I just want a game where we win without the massive end game heart attacks! Is that asking too much?
Feels like I say this every week.

I thought today was going to be the day.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

The umpiring was a disgrace.

They deserved to be booed off the ground.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

We won. Be happy. We’re in the 8 when we were pegged bottom 4. Old players look rejuvenated in new roles and there’s a hunger and positivity in the team that we haven’t seen in a few years. The only way is up so enjoy the ride. Go pies!
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by shawthing »

Disappointing last quarter. The umpires were simply cheats. How do they get away with it? Last night we see a Richmond player cleaned up without so much as a free kick. Today we saw a 100 metre penalty paid against us because the umpire got disobeyed. Frankly I'm sick to death of the AFL. Pure amateur hour. Why don't they take a leaf from a true professional football league - the NFL.

BTW Brian Taylor is a low life scum. There he was in the heat of the last quarter trying to dig up more dirt on Quaynor and Ginnivan. Time somebody stopped that fat bastard in his own tracks!
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

Mr Miyagi wrote:We won. Be happy. We’re in the 8 when we were pegged bottom 4. Old players look rejuvenated in new roles and there’s a hunger and positivity in the team that we haven’t seen in a few years. The only way is up so enjoy the ride. Go pies!
This, 100%.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

I'm wondering if Murphy got injured on a couple of occasions.
Hope he's alright.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

And yeah, holding your arms out and just giving the ump an “are you kidding?” bemused look is considered abuse and worthy of a 50m penalty. What a joke
Return of the baldfacts

Post by Return of the baldfacts »

Blew a chance to build %.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Raw Hammer wrote:Gross. The only sport that ‘rewards’ a miss with a score.

We technically lost if it’s about scoring goals through the big sticks.

Never change, Pies.

:shock: :o IF we win a flag by a point, you will take that, of course. :?: :?: :o :shock:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

Sigh. Umpires don’t cheat. They get them wrong for sure. No umpire has ever thought, “hey let’s get the other team back into it purely with one sided calls”.
100 m penalty was correct. Deliberate for mine was correct on the replay but you don’t always see them called.
I talk some crap in the game thread due to my views on when I get positive, but this one is for calm reflection. Surely no one actually thinks the umpires cheat?
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:I'm wondering if Murphy got injured on a couple of occasions.
Hope he's alright.
I’m a bit worried about Pendles, looks like he aged 10 years in a week. Reckon he’s stepping back for the new brigade to take over, and stepping up when needed though
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Raw Hammer wrote:Gross. The only sport that ‘rewards’ a miss with a score.

We technically lost if it’s about scoring goals through the big sticks.

Never change, Pies.
Wrong! You score if you get the ball between the behind posts. You are rewarded if you can kick it though the two goal posts. The sports doesn't reward a miss. It rewards those who can kick it through the goal posts.

We technically won as the score is a combined score of goals and behinds.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Haff wrote:Sigh. Umpires don’t cheat. They get them wrong for sure. No umpire has ever thought, “hey let’s get the other team back into it purely with one sided calls”.
100 m penalty was correct. Deliberate for mine was correct on the replay but you don’t always see them called.
I talk some crap in the game thread due to my views on when I get positive, but this one is for calm reflection. Surely no one actually thinks the umpires cheat?
Yep I do
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Take_a_Screamer wrote:I'm wondering if Murphy got injured on a couple of occasions.
Hope he's alright.
I’m a bit worried about Pendles, looks like he aged 10 years in a week. Reckon he’s stepping back for the new brigade to take over, and stepping up when needed though
Leading tackler (10)