Post Match. Pies v. Giants. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by shawthing »

Haff wrote:Sigh. Umpires don’t cheat. They get them wrong for sure. No umpire has ever thought, “hey let’s get the other team back into it purely with one sided calls”.
100 m penalty was correct. Deliberate for mine was correct on the replay but you don’t always see them called.
I talk some crap in the game thread due to my views on when I get positive, but this one is for calm reflection. Surely no one actually thinks the umpires cheat?
So then why do they always rule against us?!

No they cheat. They've grown up all their lives hating Collingwood and subconsciously they will rule against us whenever they get the chance. Seriously why defend these incompetent fools. Watch the NFL and see how football games should be adjudicated.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

What'sinaname wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:Gross. The only sport that ‘rewards’ a miss with a score.

We technically lost if it’s about scoring goals through the big sticks.

Never change, Pies.
Wrong! You score if you get the ball between the behind posts. You are rewarded if you can kick it though the two goal posts. The sports doesn't reward a miss. It rewards those who can kick it through the goal posts.

We technically won as the score is a combined score of goals and behinds.
Thanks, Literal Larry
Est. 2002
Presti35
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by Presti35 »

One thing that is infuriating, is that it seems we work so hard and dont get the reward.

We'll kick 3 or 4 points in a row, or get it inside 50 for nothing, and then the opposition eventually get the ball and 4 possessions later, goal.

Every week.

We really need to put that scoreboard pressure on and close out these games.

33 shots at goal to 17 today. And it was 26 to 9 at 3QT. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Keep working hard Pies, but we need to start rewarding ourselves with more goals.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

Haff wrote:Sigh. Umpires don’t cheat. They get them wrong for sure. No umpire has ever thought, “hey let’s get the other team back into it purely with one sided calls”.
100 m penalty was correct. Deliberate for mine was correct on the replay but you don’t always see them called.
I talk some crap in the game thread due to my views on when I get positive, but this one is for calm reflection. Surely no one actually thinks the umpires cheat?
You must also believe in fairies, pixies and honest politicians too! Of course they cheat! 1979 GF (Harmes OOB no call), 2002 GF (Rocca no goal), 2018 GF (Maynard block), today with Darcy then Tay, all result in goals at key moments. Blatant evidence of cheating. All are scumbags and I rarely ever complain about umpires.
Last edited by Monco Matt on Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Dunno mate, they sure can change the flow and direction of a match though, thru confusing decisions. They are not entirely to blame, some of the rules they must enforce are utter shit, like that 50 metre penalty if a player does not stand the mark correctly, thing. The rules are confusing to them too. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

shawthing wrote:Disappointing last quarter. The umpires were simply cheats. How do they get away with it? Last night we see a Richmond player cleaned up without so much as a free kick. Today we saw a 100 metre penalty paid against us because the umpire got disobeyed. Frankly I'm sick to death of the AFL. Pure amateur hour. Why don't they take a leaf from a true professional football league - the NFL.

BTW Brian Taylor is a low life scum. There he was in the heat of the last quarter trying to dig up more dirt on Quaynor and Ginnivan. Time somebody stopped that fat bastard in his own tracks!

Yeh, anytime Tubby Taylor does one of our games, i just mute the bastard, he seems so anti Collingwood at times, being neutral is fine, but he goes way, way over the top, sometimes, very annoying. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Today Darcy Cameron signed on till end of 2025
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Presti35 wrote:One thing that is infuriating, is that it seems we work so hard and dont get the reward.

We'll kick 3 or 4 points in a row, or get it inside 50 for nothing, and then the opposition eventually get the ball and 4 possessions later, goal.

Every week.

We really need to put that scoreboard pressure on and close out these games.

33 shots at goal to 17 today. And it was 26 to 9 at 3QT. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Keep working hard Pies, but we need to start rewarding ourselves with more goals.

True, it WOULD be nice for a change, to actually thrash Nth Melb, by ten goals, or more, just make a nice change, at last. :P

doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Well,another heart stopper that didn’t need to be so close.Have a look at the score 11 22 to us,12 5 to them,That’s one of the most absurd scores you would ever see in a game.Needless to say we should have won by a lot more.

I wonder what was the score from set shots?It seemed like they were kicking everything from set shots and we were missing everything from set shots.Most of our goals,such as they were,came from players kicking it from the goal square ,or running into an open goal.
Last edited by doriswilgus on Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Presti35
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by Presti35 »

Question, how important is JDG to our team?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

Let me just add one more thing, never thought I'd say this but here we go....

WHE was awesome today!!!

Best game for the club in 4 years. He controlled and dominated his wing all day. Hit ups, linking chains, crucial marks. He presented all day and stayed involved for 4 qtrs.

Just thought I'd give credit where it was due as he is much maligned.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Presti35 wrote:Question, how important is JDG to our team?
Very important Too important to trade for a pick 12,I would say.
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

duplicate
Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Presti35 wrote:Question, how important is JDG to our team?

VERY. :o

Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

If you look at the match timeline (the worm)
https://www.afl.com.au/afl/matches/3934#summary

You can see that we were challenged, they got their tail up.
We restored the big lead but then they must have had belief.
If only 10 of our points were goals, we would have thrashed them with no possibility of comeback.

We gave an inch (or two or three), they took a mile.
Plenty of goal kicking practice this week!
Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️