Australia v. Sri Lanka. Tests.

For all sporting topics - news, discussion, score updates etc. - other than Aussie Rules and Premier League Soccer.

Moderators: pies4ever, bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Donny »

6/117. Jayasuriya again. That's 10 wickets for him. Green out for 23.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Donny

Post by Donny »

Make that 11. Starc edges to slip.
Donny.

K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

This is what happens to Oz on flat decks.

Any good batting side shoulda made 600 in the first innings.

England and Oz do this every time they visit India... Bat on a 600 pitch, make 400, think they're heroes...
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

not looking good for the ozzies could be over in a matter of overs and a day to spare.
Donny

Post by Donny »

Jaya has 11/178 for the Test.

Best figures for a debut, for Sri Lanka.
Donny.

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Good win by SL and a top effort to come back after an absolute thrashing in the first test. They have drawn the series. Now they play Pakistan.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

K wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:Good win by SL and a top effort to come back...
Lazza, Oz batters are hopeless, just hopeless against SLA bowling. Poor Dan V. must be tearing his hair out watching with the other Oz coaches.

And this Test proved yet again that Smith is a flat-track bully. When the pitch is totally dead, he can swipe to the legside and grind out runs. But a teeny weeny bit of spin and his defective technique was destroyed by the SLA bowler. And then he showed how extremely selfish he is by burning the last review, when it was hitting middle stump half-way up.
Hard to disagree with you. I could not believe the lack of a backbone in any of the Aussie batsmen to fight really hard in their second knock. That was truly terrible stuff. The lack of accountability was deplorable. And that last review was beyond belief when earlier they had missed the opportunity to succeed with one. I love Warner but geez he better get some runs in the next few games or else he should be dropped.
Overall a very ordinary effort for a test team. They need to urgently resolve the batting issues if they want to be competitive in test cricket again. I think they will analyse this tour and learn from it.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️