#35 Nick Daicos

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

35 looks like it is meant to be on Nick's back.
Could they talk to the Millane and family and ask them if they would be happy to continue the tradition of first draft pick with #42? I'd love to see that jumper being worn again and maybe it's time has come.
woodsmen rule
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

uncanny wrote:35 looks like it is meant to be on Nick's back.
Could they talk to the Millane and family and ask them if they would be happy to continue the tradition of first draft pick with #42? I'd love to see that jumper being worn again and maybe it's time has come.

I agree, its up to his family yes, but it would be great to see the no. 42 back out there on another champion, you would think they would want that too, but as i say, its up to them, entirely. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

I’m gunna disagree, either leave it retired or us it, but not as 35 has been used.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

Agreed
doriswilgus
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

I don’t know if he should keep that number or not,but he should be knighted and sainted.What a star!
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

[quote="doriswilgus"]I don’t know if he should keep that number or not,but he should be knighted and sainted.What a star!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Woods

Post by Woods »

[quote="doriswilgus"]I don’t know if he should keep that number or not,but he should be knighted and sainted.What a star!
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

On number 42...I think enough time has gone by now, time to bring it back as the 1st pick, regardless of what the family thinks, Club's bigger than all of us
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

I don't care what number he wears, the kid is silk
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

I think it continues to honour the great Peter Daicos and always goes to our first pick... Forever, it's like a 'statue'.

Nick should get 1
He's already got a bulletin board.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Piesnchess wrote:
uncanny wrote:35 looks like it is meant to be on Nick's back.

I agree, its up to his family yes, but it would be great to see the no. 42 back out there on another champion, you would think they would want that too, but as i say, its up to them, entirely. :o
I actually disagree. It’s up to the club, not the Millane’s. I think it’s been long enough. Time to bring it back. I like the idea of Nick keeping 35 and giving the number 1 pick 42.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

Is Presti's permission all that's needed? And if so, do we think he'd seriously have a problem with bringing an end to this tradition? Being honoured for over a decade is surely nothing to sneeze at, and I can't believe he wouldn't want to see the number stay with Nick.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
What'sinaname
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Looks like the second best debut season in history.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

What'sinaname wrote:Looks like the second best debut season in history.
Yep. John Todd @ 17 years old, won a Sandover Medal (beating Polly Farmer by 4 votes) in his debut season, 1955, for South Fremantle. In 1954, the 16 year old, scored 7 goals in the reserves premiership game. Be very hard to beat that.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
daics aka the ruckman
Been liked: 3 times

Post by daics aka the ruckman »

Damien wrote: I actually disagree. It’s up to the club, not the Millane’s. I think it’s been long enough. Time to bring it back. I like the idea of Nick keeping 35 and giving the number 1 pick 42.
I think the same. The club owns the jumper so lets use 42 again.

The highlights of Nick in his first year will look silly in 15 years time if we change his number. He should keep it.
go pies