#35 Nick Daicos

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

LaurieHolden
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 176 times

Re: N daicos

Post by LaurieHolden »

I think Chris Judd is the last player I can recall having almost an instant impact.
Stephenson's 1st year was as good as I've seen for a 1st year debutant.
In his 3 years with us he played 8 finals and kicked 78 goals 47 by the time he'd played his 54th and last game with us.
The 3 years since, 0 finals and 22 goals 25. One can only hope Clarko saves his career.

But I digress...Naicos might just supersede them all.

I reckon the brothers will end up like one of those ANZAC day march veterans with so many medals it looked like they'd fought in 3 wars.

Here's a picture of them getting inducted to the AFL Hall of Fame
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

Nick has truly lifted the hearts of many around here, me included. He needs to be honoured.

How about naming this Bulletin Board after him???
RudeBoy
Been liked: 88 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:Nick has truly lifted the hearts of many around here, me included. He needs to be honoured.

:lol: :lol:
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^ Gold, Bruce :lol:
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Fun fact.
In the current season to date, only one player has had 30 + possessions and kicked two goals. That’s Nick Daicos and he’s done it TWICE ! ( I’m quoting from a commentator here, so I haven’t fact checked )
I had posted multiple times on here that Daicos came to us from the U18s as a goal kicking mid field freak. The longer he spends in mid field, the more we will see he’s also a genuine goal kicking threat every week.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:Nick has truly lifted the hearts of many around here, me included. He needs to be honoured.

Great suggestion!!! :lol: :lol:
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Was our Best last night by a Country Mile
I am Da Man
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 29 times

Post by think better »

PyreneesPie wrote:

Great suggestion!!! :lol: :lol:
Yeah let's call it the Naicos Bulletin Board
I think therefore I think - I think
bally12

Post by bally12 »

Kane Cornes on Footy Classified laid the boots into Nick, saying Zorco effectively put Nick off his game with physical tactics, and that it's about time teams started doing that .

The kid's in his 2nd year, had close to 40 possessions, 150 supercoach points , and kicked 2 goals from the midfield.
He actually said that with a straight face HAHAHA. I had a good belly laugh with that one.
Stupidly I thought Kane had an ounce of credibility. Just wow.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 176 times

Nick Daicos is two games away from breaking a record!

Post by LaurieHolden »

Nick has had 18 matches in a row where he's had 20+ possessions.
He's 2 games away from breaking a record as the youngest player to ever to crack 20+ possessions.

The discussion highlights, it is why loose ball gets are so important, and regarded as more important than contested possession.
As Gerard Healy points out, people need to understand a loose ball is a contested ball.

Source :
https://twitter.com/1116sen/status/1646 ... QmRgQ&s=19
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Kane Cornes is an idiot referring to his 2nd qtr where he only had 1 disposal. A lot were down in that qtr not just Nick, but he bounced back the next with 16 and influential in centre bounce clearances.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

bally12 wrote:Kane Cornes on Footy Classified laid the boots into Nick, saying Zorco effectively put Nick off his game with physical tactics, and that it's about time teams started doing that .

The kid's in his 2nd year, had close to 40 possessions, 150 supercoach points , and kicked 2 goals from the midfield.
He actually said that with a straight face HAHAHA. I had a good belly laugh with that one.
Kane has no Idea and just doing that for Clickbait
I am Da Man
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

bally12 wrote:Kane Cornes on Footy Classified laid the boots into Nick, saying Zorco effectively put Nick off his game with physical tactics, and that it's about time teams started doing that .

If Nick was "put off his game", I can only imagine what he looks like when he's playing his best football.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Guess the Tagging of Nick been Useless
I am Da Man
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Jezza wrote:

If Nick was "put off his game", I can only imagine what he looks like when he's playing his best football.
I think we saw a glimpse of it tonight.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.