#35 Nick Daicos

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

tbaker

Post by tbaker »

Damien wrote:So who are the naysayers? I’ve heard nothing but positives about Nick from opposition supporters. Is he talking about other journo’s?
It is real - it is mostly young opposition footy fans on their social media platforms. My 18yo son tells me all about it - he gives plenty back.
I find your lack of faith disturbing
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

The naysayers are cowards behind closed doors who wouldn’t dare say it publicly. Barrett would be hearing it from peers and in the office. I hear it. Same flogs who still say N Buckley wasn’t that good.

And Brad Johnson can go on a trip to Moronistan with Jordan Lewis for their “Murphy was in the wrong!” idiocy.
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

A couple of episodes ago on Footy Classified he said “Curnow” would kick 100 goals this year given there’s an extra round & he added 2 finals games.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Add Damien to John Ralph as well both are shock jocks
melliot

Post by melliot »

I haven't ever heard/read any detractors of Daicos. Who are they? A few non name keyboard worriors?

It's a beat up so the media have something to talk about.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

Piesnchess wrote:Kudos to Barrett, he finally gets one correct, spot on.
Well you know the ol' saying: enough monkeys given enough typewriters and enough paper and EVENTUALLY one will churn out War & Peace...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Geek

Post by Geek »

melliot wrote:I haven't ever heard/read any detractors of Daicos. Who are they? A few non name keyboard worriors?

It's a beat up so the media have something to talk about.
You bump into a few of them in the supercoach community. Apparently Nick's a seagull who picks up more cheap stats that Jack Ziebell and Jake Lloyd.

And granted, Nick does get quite a few give and gets. Unlike others though, his 1-2 often starts with a 40 metre kick followed by a sprint to burn off his opponent, then the receive. He's not doing some pointless handball give and get like others. He also gets a stack of ball in close for a 20 year old.

And his tank.... I mean, we all marvel at his ability to get the ball and his vision and think through and delivery are just astounding. But then they interview him a the end of the game and he's not even puffed. I'm flat out getting up a flight of stairs.

I dunno. I'm just rapt to be seeing this kid from day 1 on his journey and even happier that it's for our side for once. There's been a few kids over the journey I didn't get to fully appreciate because the little s---s were playing for another mob :D
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Geek, all these wankers would change their opinions in an instant if Naicos played for them. I remember Sydney, Melbourne and Essenscum fans who hated Phil Carman worshiping him when he played for them. These are comments from double standard proponents and blatant hypocrites. Don’t suffer fools and losers.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Phil played for North, not Sydney.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Plenty of two-faced dogs in the media. Say one thing on TV/radio, and the opposite when the mic’s off.
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

I don't think Nick will be fazed by the external noise.

He has a good head on his shoulders and will continue to flourish with us.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ Phil played for North, not Sydney.

Oops
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by derkd »

I get a feeling this might be a Collingwood leak, what better way to fire a player or team up then 'have a go' at one of their stars.

Why did this only come out in the last week or so? And as others have said,,, it isn't like the whole football world is giving nick a.hard time.

Collingwood media department working a story me thinks
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Good podcast by Barrett is up this morning. Talking about when Nick might surpass the deeds of his old man. He’s got a long way to go yes, but just the fact that it might happen is so exciting thinking of the joy he’s gunna bring magpie fans for the next decade.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Games in 2023 with 30+ disposals & 2+ goals :

1x: 5 players
2x:
3x: NICK DAICOS

Source :
https://twitter.com/sirswampthing
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers