What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

yeah nah, prick up the road said his camera didnt catch anything after 1 day, people are just arseholes, dont blame yourself for seeing the good in them, i made that mistake for far too long, still do!

your in the right and should not be a cent out of pocket, fight it
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

how many so called friends have sent me the british bitter, like for (mates with) sake, ok the poms sooked, but hey, they didnt bowl underarm, take drugs and blame their mum or touch up the damn ball with sandpaper!
igetit, and i have never watched cricket in my life! maybe a couple of 1 day things for a few sips in passing if the poms were winning, but hey, ****, i getit!

fucvk you all

and fucvk the inlaws after tonight! thankyou you pies, put the back in their boxes!
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For mine it's getting old. :x Brain still writing cheques the body can't cash.

Fortnight ago, had the grandson for 2 nights, spent the next 3 days with a bad lower back. Kicking the footy with him and other physical things, pretty low intensity as he's 7 and I'm not running around, but movements the body isn't used to and I pull up lame.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

yeah i just got out the spa bath, watched thelma and louise, to ease my aching back, but hey, the chickens love their new digs!!
think positive

Post by think positive »

It’s 10.45pm, I’ve been in royal Melbourne emergency with my eldest since 3.30, waited 2.5 hours, but we got in before a few because she has a high temperature and heart rate. Our local doctor thought she had appendicitis, but thankfully it’s not. Some kind of bug the6 think, in the short term area now but can’t get an answer to if she has to stay! I’m buggered. But what an eye opening day! One girl clearly thought she was more important than anyone else, alternating tears, tantrums, eye rolls, laughing at her phone, tapping on her laptop, and then the crescendo of yelling at her phone in the middle of the waiting room “this is not what 8 want from a relationship “! Next up the dude at the counter who needed 4 security guards to stop him being a turd, he walked out with a passing word at one,$! He should have been arrested! Then there are the multi families, one sick person 3 family/friends, taking all the seats, or leaving a jacket to hold them, I told a lady on crutches, that jacket has been there over half an hour, take the seat! People obviously crook or injured and they just keep chatting. Yes I stood up! Mate you want to see human nature at its least finest, go sit in a waiting room!

Meanwhile she’s asleep finally, and I’m waiting waiting waiting, and wondering how much parking will be!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Geez, hope she's OK.

Yeah, ED's can be a zoo
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

cheers mate, all good, they think it was a diverticulitis attack. they kept her there til her temperature and heart rate improved. the staff were absolutely excellent, and the doc was shocked when i said thankyou and how much I appreciated his help! seems they cop a lot of crap!!

got out of there about 11.30, went to the pharmacy across the road, in bed at 1! parking was $35, so not too bad!!!

im going to see her shortly. just got back from the vet with 15.5 year old molly, for a new monthly arthritis pain injection, shes getting a tad still in the joints!! shes quite pissed at me now, and i thought Beau was dying when i left, screaming, howling, ugh.

im fricken knackered and ever so thankful i dont have to go to an ED very often!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

This probably belongs more in the "what made me laugh today" thread, but Uber Carshare just forwarded me this email from the taxi operator:
Thank you for your time on the phone today.

I have spoken to the driver and his version is:
When he drove into the bottle shop he was moving in his lane. Your clients car was elevated on a hill and commenced to move back/reverse. As this occurred your insured car crossed over their lane and into my lane. As a result of this reversal your car was in my lane and touched my car. There was movement that occurred and your clients car was not parked properly either because the handbrake wasn't engaged or it wasn't in the park position. Please see the diagram attached.
This is why we cannot accept responsibility.
Where's Judge Judy when you need her...
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive

Post by think positive »

getting a sex change
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

David wrote:This probably belongs more in the "what made me laugh today" thread, but Uber Carshare just forwarded me this email from the taxi operator:
Thank you for your time on the phone today.

I have spoken to the driver and his version is:
When he drove into the bottle shop he was moving in his lane. Your clients car was elevated on a hill and commenced to move back/reverse. As this occurred your insured car crossed over their lane and into my lane. As a result of this reversal your car was in my lane and touched my car. There was movement that occurred and your clients car was not parked properly either because the handbrake wasn't engaged or it wasn't in the park position. Please see the diagram attached.
This is why we cannot accept responsibility.
Where's Judge Judy when you need her...
What a dodgy cnut. Don't you have a photo that proves your car was in the lane?
David

Post by David »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
David

Post by David »

I was joking about the Judge Judy thing, but maybe litigation is the next step? I don't exactly have money for a proper lawyer or anything, but I have witnesses (two employees at the drive-in). And you'd think a legal letter might be enough on its own to get them to pay up.
think positive

Post by think positive »

no you dont need to.
get a police report, much as you're not fan of cops they will actually do this for you. Just go to a cop shop and try and act like a law abiding citizen!

get a letter from the witnesses, add the photos and submit it to the insurance company that insures the car you were driving.

as long as you can name the person driving the other vehicle at the time of the accident, they will fix the car and chase the payment from the other party.

as i said early, this is exactly what the cop told me to do, 2 weeks after the fact, and ta-dah, it worked!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Using the Chat function with a Telstra agent. :x

Long story short, last week I got a text to say my modem in Toc had switched to 4G as there was a problem with the NBN connection. NBN tech came around Tuesday morning, about as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle. The old copper phone connection to the house is apparently underground and must have gone diagonally across the driveway, right underneath where the slab for the meth lab has been layed, which seems to have damaged the cable.

NBN tech just said I needed to get it fixed. Thanks mate. :roll:

Checked the faults online, nothing happening so I got into the chat function and gave a pretty concise explanation of the problem finishing with asking who is authorised and/or qualified to run a new piece of cable and connect it up.

Spent the first 5 comunications basically repeating everything I said in the opening question. Just read what I wrote FFS :x

In one way I'm glad it was on chat, I was able to control my exasperation and take a breath before typing, I'm not sure I could have maintained that control on a call.

So it seems it now gets logged back as a fault witn NBN Co.
David

Post by David »

think positive wrote:no you dont need to.
get a police report, much as you're not fan of cops they will actually do this for you. Just go to a cop shop and try and act like a law abiding citizen!

get a letter from the witnesses, add the photos and submit it to the insurance company that insures the car you were driving.

as long as you can name the person driving the other vehicle at the time of the accident, they will fix the car and chase the payment from the other party.

as i said early, this is exactly what the cop told me to do, 2 weeks after the fact, and ta-dah, it worked!
Thanks, seems worth a try at least. I could be wrong but unfortunately I think we're getting to the point where there's only so much the insurance company can (or will be willing to) do. They may chase the other party, but it couldn't be clearer that the taxi driver will continue to refuse liability and say black is white if it means he doesn't have to pay. And as I've already paid for the repairs (as my contract unfortunately bound me to do), the motivation for getting the responsible party to co-operate may not be all that high any more.

Still, I will go to the police tomorrow as I think they might be able to advise me on next steps if nothing else. The letter from witnesses sounds like a good idea too.