What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Did they take the money directly out of a nominated bank account or was it via a Visa/Mastercard linked to that savings account?

If it was the latter you might have the option of a chargeback.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^Good thinking. David, do a Google search for "australia file dispute on credit card charge" and there's a bunch of stuff. The time limit seems to vary per institution, but check the rules for whoever your card is with.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

^ Don't bother doing that David, you will be unsuccessful as it's a legitimate card charge.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:$1100. It's getting close to the point where you just write this off to experience and slander Uber Carshare on social media at every opportunity.

If you can't get legal aide, legal fees will cost you more than $1100. Because you've already paid the money (albeit they took it from you), you're basically Sisyphus carrying a bag of shit up the mountain instead of a rock
what I said 2 pages ago

And always read the small print!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Did you do the stat dec?

It is the owners problem, his car is damaged!

But that’s also the risk he was prepared to take.

Ask him, you have little hope without h8m I’d think.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Supermarkets

Go away for a couple of years and come back to them being open less than when we were under curfew!

Couldn’t believe it when I finish footy training and go to a supermarket at 9pm only to find it closed. Pre Covid it was open till 11, last time I went there they’d cut back to 10, now it’s 9.

Then I find all the supermarkets in the area close earlier, 10pm is now the latest opening supermarket when that used to be the earliest one would close last year. This is in Melbourne, in Bendigo they don’t shut before 10 with Coles open till midnight.

What a crazy world it is when shops are open later in Regional Victoria than Metropolitan Melbourne!!!

Then there’s their damn ‘specials’ which are never in stock when you get there…
pietillidie

Post by pietillidie »

pietillidie

Post by pietillidie »

What'sinaname wrote:^ Don't bother doing that David, you will be unsuccessful as it's a legitimate card charge.
Are you absolutely certain on this? I'm not saying I know better - I don't - it's just that a lot of the materials imply otherwise. Of course, you could still be right in practice, but I think logging the chargeback is part of the overall legal argument at the very least.

E.g., the word incorrect, not just 'fraudulent' is used in the fine print for most institutions I've looked up. And of course it would be because people make errors even with best of intentions.
Choice wrote:You can also get a chargeback for incorrect or fraudulent transactions made on your account.
https://www.choice.com.au/money/credit- ... -they-work

I would be very surprised, subject to the policy in each instance (which itself can't supersede governing law), if persisting in charging someone falsely, even when you know better, isn't ultimately seen as akin to fraud. Of course, that will be hidden in 'processing errors', or 'staff mistakes', but the further you document and push the process, the greater the risk for the other party becomes.

He may have already hit the time limit for the card concerned, but if not, the worst case is learning more about how it works and doesn't work.

Take this from the AMP site:
What type of transactions can I dispute?
Any errors or omissions appearing on your statement can be investigated. These include:

Transactions you believe are incorrect
Transactions you believe you did not authorise
Transactions you suspect may be fraudulent
Duplicated transactions
ATMs that dispensed an incorrect amount
Refunded goods or services that have not been credited correctly
Reoccurring debits and regular repayments that have continued to occur after cancellation of authority
https://www.amp.com.au/banking/faqs/tra ... spute-faqs

Again, I don't know the rules of David's card and the realities in practice, which you may be far more versed in, but you can't just charge people incorrectly, or ignore corrective evidence and clarification. Good faith (not naivete), good process, diligence, documentation and persistance are always valuable as disputes progress.

I get the 'too hard basket' thing, i.e., sometimes it's easier just to cop the whack, but keeping abreast of these things is a great life skill to learn, especially if you've never engaged them before.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

eddiesmith wrote:Supermarkets

Go away for a couple of years and come back to them being open less than when we were under curfew!

Couldn’t believe it when I finish footy training and go to a supermarket at 9pm only to find it closed. Pre Covid it was open till 11, last time I went there they’d cut back to 10, now it’s 9.

Then I find all the supermarkets in the area close earlier, 10pm is now the latest opening supermarket when that used to be the earliest one would close last year. This is in Melbourne, in Bendigo they don’t shut before 10 with Coles open till midnight.

What a crazy world it is when shops are open later in Regional Victoria than Metropolitan Melbourne!!!

Then there’s their damn ‘specials’ which are never in stock when you get there…
Bendigo has a few 24 hour petrol stations with convenient shopping goods available albeit with a slightly higher price. We also have a 24 hour milk bar and food caravans open on weekends. Very handy indeed.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

The NSW Planing Portal has to be the most un-user friendly piece of software I've ever had the misfortune to try to use. :x

Had to put in a section 68 application to get approval for the shower, dunny and sink in the shed, that have already been plumbed cos the fkn building company neglected to do it. I was supposed to link it to the development application to get the shed built but the fkn crud portal wouldn't let me, so I put it in as a standalone one, quoted the previous DA number in the free text explanation part and then emailed a copy of the lodgement email to the planing dude at the council. Fkn PITA of a process.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

For me its politians and on going politics of the world.

The way we are lied to makes me sick.

We work now for them.

Our money they get.

Thats the world.

We are the slaves that work for the crooks.
pietillidie

Post by pietillidie »

90 nice wrote:For me its politians and on going politics of the world.

The way we are lied to makes me sick.

We work now for them.

Our money they get.

Thats the world.

We are the slaves that work for the crooks.
Unfortunately, we accept, elect and even promote or defend them.
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

Doesn't P1ss me off, but most likely my Cuz in Qld. Sold his beachfront Gold Coast holiday house he's had for around 30 years. Sold for a bit over 9Mil and has copped CGT of around 4Mil.