Post Match. Lions beat Pies. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

And **** BT, he was practically on the phone to Michael Christian while commentating
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Mr Miyagi wrote:And **** BT, he was practically on the phone to Michael Christian while commentating
BT is such a biased creep.Can't stand him.I always have the sound turned right down when he's commentating so i don't have to hear his screeching.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Mr Miyagi wrote:And **** BT, he was practically on the phone to Michael Christian while commentating
BT is such a biased creep.Can't stand him.I always have the sound turned right down when he's commentating so i don't have to hear his screeching.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

slangman wrote:
masoncox wrote:There are no players in the VFL who could come in and turn the midfield problem around.
We have to getting someone from the AFL team
I say IQ but hey maybe try Markov or even dare I say ...Moore!!!!
We need to fix this problem now or kiss the flag goodbye.
How has Carmichael dropped from AFL regular to not being ready to come in within 12 months??
Carmichael has played 8 games.
You cannot expect him to make a big difference in this year's finals.
It is unrealistic.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

As a piece of trivia.
Ryan had negative 3 metres gain.
Great first game
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

masoncox wrote:As a piece of trivia.
Ryan had negative 3 metres gain.
Great first game
What is the point of this comment?
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Mr Miyagi wrote:I’m still annoyed ump didn’t call play on when Brisbane players stepped off the mark and PLAYED ON. It effectively took our player on the mark out of the game, they can’t move an inch until ump calls play on. Happened a few times and needs to be looked at by the bosses.

Oh and that 50m not paid to checkers

FOUR $$%^%%$ umpires, ffs. These things are bread and butter stuff for junior league umpiring
and the push in the back to checkers near goal line, disgraceful
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

If it was any other club but Collingwood sitting on top losing 3 out of 4 waiting for finals, I would say they will be fine. But Collingwood just doesn't give you that confidence that they will step it up in September. We are not exactly a club that excels at the pointy end, are we? Until we do it it is tough to take it on faith alone. I'll try though......

Anyone know if Murph is alright?
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by shawthing »

Haff wrote:If we win the flag this year it will be a remarkable effort given how poorly we’ve been leading into finals.
I’m losing a little faith in a second year coach coming into a finals series with all the expectations in the world. As I said, a little. He’s risen to everything else, hope he can rise to this because aside from a few flashes, it’s been months since we’ve played 4 qtrs.
To those who saw Fly's presser tonight there is reason to worry. The body language was poor, he sounded as confused as the journos asking the questions, and instead of saying we have the answers, was asking more questions. At this time of the season? I think we're out of our depth frankly.
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by slangman »

masoncox wrote:
slangman wrote:
masoncox wrote:There are no players in the VFL who could come in and turn the midfield problem around.
We have to getting someone from the AFL team
I say IQ but hey maybe try Markov or even dare I say ...Moore!!!!
We need to fix this problem now or kiss the flag goodbye.
How has Carmichael dropped from AFL regular to not being ready to come in within 12 months??
Carmichael has played 8 games.
You cannot expect him to make a big difference in this year's finals.
It is unrealistic.
And that is the point.
He has not been rotated through the midfield this year so when injuries occur or form drops off a cliff he will not be ready to step up as he was last year.
Poor player management.
Adams and Mitchell’s seasons have not been that good that wouldn’t warrant experimenting with players like Carmichael or McCrae.
Now is too late and therein lies the issue.
- Side By Side -
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by shawthing »

Whether we win the flag or not this year we are no dynasty. We will have to rebuild. We have too many old slow players and not enough gun young ones. We need at least one reliable KPF and a couple of speedy mids.
rambler

Post by rambler »

[quote=To those who saw Fly's presser tonight there is reason to worry. The body language was poor, he sounded as confused as the journos asking the questions, and instead of saying we have the answers, was asking more questions. At this time of the season? I think we're out of our depth frankly.[/quote]

Agree, the new age buzzwords weren't coming out with much force as usual.
rad

Post by rad »

Cox must play, Cameron not good enough to be sole ruck. Cox immediately turned the middle onslaught off.

Ginni must play. Smart footballer.

We have stopped running past and receiving handballs when a player marks. Need Naicos running off the backline when he returns.

If we bring the energy and at least break even in the middle then we win most games. If a packed MCG full of pies supporters doesn’t pump and energise the players in the finals then we don’t deserve the flag.

If we’re playing an interstate team at the G with 80000 pies supporters we can’t lose like we did against GWS.

Time to amp up the energy, hunt the ball in numbers and run your asses of on packs. The rest will sort itself out.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

shawthing wrote:Whether we win the flag or not this year we are no dynasty. We will have to rebuild. We have too many old slow players and not enough gun young ones. We need at least one reliable KPF and a couple of speedy mids.
I'd settle for a mid who can actually win a centre clearance.
Crouch from Crows - anybody?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Magpies035

Post by Magpies035 »

While we tried hard with that many out
Our formline is a worry
Our opposition is scoring far to easily
While we have gained great players to the list
The question is the list and gameplan going to hold upon the finals as that’s the key
So far for 2 years we look good during the season.
All that does is allow you to qualify
It’s how we perform in the finals
We need to learn from last years 2 losses
The Great Macedonian Marvel