Post Grand Final. Sweet 16. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

neil
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by neil »

Wow
only able to type now
so many great moments
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
npalm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by npalm »

I'm here to apologise.
I didn't think we would win. Before the game I thought luck was running against us and we would need a big change in fortune for us to get up. I've just watched the replay and while we only got up by 4 points we were clearly the better side. We were a 4-5 goal better side on the day. Brisbane are a good side and battled bravely, but they were only in it at the finish because of our poor conversion.
We were the best side of 2023 and we proved it again today. Really proud.
Side by side.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

OMG! Sweet16 so good what a feeling! What a game Go Pies 2023!!!
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

I’m in heaven,just heaven.That was the most exciting,exhilarating,nerve wracking and stomach churning game I can ever remember.Still trying to process it all.But it’s wonderful,absolutely wonderful.

I love this team so much,They deserved this so much.Well done boys,you are all Collingwood legends now.
KenH

Post by KenH »

So so awesome to finally win a Granny in a close one makes my heart sing just watched the game again and still gobsmacked so many heroes I don't know how to convey my feelings. This has eroded so many heartbreaks and now believe anything is possible! Go you beautiful magpies!
Cheers big ears
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

This is crazy!!! Best GF ever and Im glad I watched it at home with my cousin instead of going to our local club because I would have been kicked out for the swearing!!

Have to note that we have the edge over Carlton because even though we have 16 cups each the Scum have 5 wooden spoons to ours 2!!!

Fagan was gracious indeed and highlights what a twat Goodwin was/is.

Was it just me but did the umpires nearly lose the game for us with all their titchy touchy frees against us...especially in the last quarter. Coxs apparent ruck infringement, Framptons twice with holding against, Markovs 50 against for not standing, then that Lions player who infringed on Cox when he was taking his kick and smothered it from within the protected area.....aaaaaaah what a nerve wrecking game.

Just on Sideys remarkable goal. I said he was a good kick but didnt think he would make the distance especially with all the fatigue....I looked at the way he held the ball and he held it so that the drop of the ball would line up straight of the boot as he took that arc at the last minute...dont think it was a torp which in my book is a better skill because he got distance and accuracy!! but I could be wrong...

So pleased to say that Pendles and Sidey are now DUAL premiership players, so very deserving!!!!

Im still pinching myself!!!!
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

What a magnificent day! We just won a Grand Final, does it get any better than that?

I spent the entire week not thinking about this game, avoiding the radio and TV, I just didn't want to get my hopes up. I didn't want to think about being the Premiers of 2023. I couldn't allow myself to dream this time, I avoided it all. And I think it made a difference in some weird way. We bloody well won by the skin of our teeth this time!! I think it just might have made a difference!!

What to say about the game? Firstly I must say that as per usual we should have won that by 4 or 5 goals easy but that just isn't the Collngwood way is it? When we fell 13 points down in that 2nd qtr it was a crossroads moment. We could have laid down and let the margin blow out to 4 or 5 goals and that might have been all she wrote. But, this Collingwood team is made of cement, pure guts and determination and we did not surrender, we fought like Lions (pardon the pun). To score the final 3 goals of the 2nd qtr and go into the main break ahead was a huge moment. WE WON the huge moments.

IDK what to say right now, I'm drunk, emotional, tired, excited, relieved and just still cant really believe we are the Premiers of 2023.

It feels like a dream, a dream i never want to awake from. Keep me here forever. It's where I want to be.

I love you all.....just enjoy the night, the week, the month.......damn it, the whole bloody year!

Floreat Pica! Go you Magnificent Magpies!!!
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

The bloke sitting beside me was the only person in the stadium confident Sidey would kick the goal!!!

But yes the umpiring was appalling, we were penalised for so many soft frees but only got the real obvious ones our way and still missed out on a few, the holding the ball interpretation all day was different to both.

Also hated the one against JDG from a centre bounce, its the worst free kick in the world giving a player a holding free kick when they drop the damn ball in the tackle!!!!

The other beautiful thing today that sets this side apart from so many Collingwood teams this century was we kicked the last goal in just about every qtr with 2 after the siren. Too often especially under Bucks we'd give away so many red time goals, but this team was kicking them and Fagan wasn't happy with his team for a change!!!
BEAMER09
Been liked: 12 times

Post by BEAMER09 »

Let's be very clear here...Collingwood has won 16 Premiership Cups with no asterisks against our name.

Essendope cheats do and as for Carlscum cheats as well, they do have 5 wooden spoons and I'm surprised they don't have their own Masterchef shows on Foxtel.
COLLINGW09D
1eyedpie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

Like WOW!

I can’t believe we have won our sixteenth flag!

That game was so nerve wracking in the last qtr.

I thought the umps were going to take it away from us late but I couldn’t look away, I kept telling myself to stay positive and we will prevail.

When Sidey kicked his goal (which I believe was a drop punt) I started getting all emotional but then lost my shit when Daniher kicked his last goal I thought no not again pies don’t let it happen again! But we did it we won the fvken flag!

I think we are only the second club in history to win the premiership by kicking less goals than our opponent!

Great effort by all.

I might just go watch the replay for the second time. Enjoy everyone!

FLOREAT PICA

P.S. can someone please go around to Dyso’s place and check on him he’s probably still in the featal position in the corner God love him :lol:
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
Geek

Post by Geek »

Watched the replay again and wow what a win. Thought we were in full Wobbles mode with our kicking though and had to leave the TV just after Pendles dobbed his goal late in the 3rd. Have already survived one stroke back in '19 and with the BP maintaining 190/120 (pulse 145) for so long and rising, I had to pull the pin. My head was starting to hurt.

So the final forty minutes was in bed with something over my eyes. Deep breath in for 5, slow breath out for 5. Imagine leaves floating past me on the river and track them with my eyes. After 6 reps, check Fan Footy. Feel a little ill and then start again from scratch :lol:

Am sad to have missed the siren live but I was there 5 seconds later and remain on this mortal coil for now. I'll take that :) I'm fairly certain I wouldn't have got through Charlie Cameron and Joe Daniher's goals.

Having said that, with the result known, the replay shows us as the better team for most of the game. Brisbane only had a couple of real threats at any one time and none of them really stood out across the game. It was only us trying to kick ourselves out of it that made it close.

But close it was and for once, the CFC handled it better on the Big Day. Even had a 50/50 umpires call go our way for a change with the advantage call, though you know what I reckon? I reckon that yellow bastard was hoping for a big Daniher spekky on the end of the hurried advantage kick forward.

Too bad, so sad.

I'm stoked for Bobby Hill. From cancer to the Norm Smith. How do you like that?

Thought Crispy was crucial though and only narrowly shaded by the young forward. Nick was decent with his usual sublime work in traffic. The guys with the 2018 experience all used said experience well too.

But I think that our forgotten hero today was Oliver Henry. If it wasn't for him leaving, we probably wouldn't have snaffled little Tommy Mitchell - 24 stats, 10 contested, 7 clearances but just the lazy 13 tackles. Should try harder next time, Tommy.

Oh and one more thing... Not a bad leg on that old crusty Sidebottom, hey? Sure glad we didn't retire that bloke.
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

Geek wrote:Watched the replay again and wow what a win. Thought we were in full Wobbles mode with our kicking though and had to leave the TV just after Pendles dobbed his goal late in the 3rd. Have already survived one stroke back in '19 and with the BP maintaining 190/120 (pulse 145) for so long and rising, I had to pull the pin. My head was starting to hurt.

So the final forty minutes was in bed with something over my eyes. Deep breath in for 5, slow breath out for 5. Imagine leaves floating past me on the river and track them with my eyes. After 6 reps, check Fan Footy. Feel a little ill and then start again from scratch :lol:

Am sad to have missed the siren live but I was there 5 seconds later and remain on this mortal coil for now. I'll take that :) I'm fairly certain I wouldn't have got through Charlie Cameron and Joe Daniher's goals.

Having said that, with the result known, the replay shows us as the better team for most of the game. Brisbane only had a couple of real threats at any one time and none of them really stood out across the game. It was only us trying to kick ourselves out of it that made it close.

But close it was and for once, the CFC handled it better on the Big Day. Even had a 50/50 umpires call go our way for a change with the advantage call, though you know what I reckon? I reckon that yellow bastard was hoping for a big Daniher spekky on the end of the hurried advantage kick forward.

Too bad, so sad.

I'm stoked for Bobby Hill. From cancer to the Norm Smith. How do you like that?

Thought Crispy was crucial though and only narrowly shaded by the young forward. Nick was decent with his usual sublime work in traffic. The guys with the 2018 experience all used said experience well too.

But I think that our forgotten hero today was Oliver Henry. If it wasn't for him leaving, we probably wouldn't have snaffled little Tommy Mitchell - 24 stats, 10 contested, 7 clearances but just the lazy 13 tackles. Should try harder next time, Tommy.

Oh and one more thing... Not a bad leg on that old crusty Sidebottom, hey? Sure glad we didn't retire that bloke.
That’s such a good point. I hated Oliver Henry leaving because he is a great player. But I am not sure we’d have won today with Henry in and no Mitchell.

Mind you, with McStay and Adams in there, we’d have won by six goals.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Yeah I will apologise to Sidey.
I thought he was finished a year or 2 ago.
That goal was the difference from winning and losing.
A dual premiership player.
A flag at each end of the book shelf
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

The only negative about this for me is Johnny Noble. Adams, McStay, well, injuries happen. But to play heart and soul every game -every game - this year and then to miss out on every final… him in tears after game was hard to watch.

I hope we can win another next year -it is far from impossible - with him in it.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 25 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

i love Moore... but i am a little sad that Pendles wasnt captain in a premiership.

but who knows....maybe that change of leadership helped us win won!