Post Grand Final. Sweet 16. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

lanstro

Post by lanstro »

Wow. 2010 was the only other flag I've witnessed and this was a whole other level. Had my kids who are just starting to be interested in sport with me today, hope that means three new recruits for the magpie army.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Monco Matt wrote:What a magnificent day! We just won a Grand Final, does it get any better than that?

I spent the entire week not thinking about this game, avoiding the radio and TV, I just didn't want to get my hopes up. I didn't want to think about being the Premiers of 2023. I couldn't allow myself to dream this time, I avoided it all. And I think it made a difference in some weird way. We bloody well won by the skin of our teeth this time!! I think it just might have made a difference!!

What to say about the game? Firstly I must say that as per usual we should have won that by 4 or 5 goals easy but that just isn't the Collngwood way is it? When we fell 13 points down in that 2nd qtr it was a crossroads moment. We could have laid down and let the margin blow out to 4 or 5 goals and that might have been all she wrote. But, this Collingwood team is made of cement, pure guts and determination and we did not surrender, we fought like Lions (pardon the pun). To score the final 3 goals of the 2nd qtr and go into the main break ahead was a huge moment. WE WON the huge moments.

IDK what to say right now, I'm drunk, emotional, tired, excited, relieved and just still cant really believe we are the Premiers of 2023.

It feels like a dream, a dream i never want to awake from. Keep me here forever. It's where I want to be.

I love you all.....just enjoy the night, the week, the month.......damn it, the whole bloody year!

Floreat Pica! Go you Magnificent Magpies!!!
I could have written this word for word!

First time I’ve had live telly on all week!

Family day? My body is saying, ugh, please no, but my heart says damn hell yes! You can rest tomorrow!

Hit the shower Jo!

Wooohooooooooo

Oh my good it wasn’t a dream!

SWEET 16!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Same jo goaled and it was just a case of resetting and loading up again.

That Pendles mark on the hb line saved it for us.

Was an intercept mark as well and was just in the right spot and right time.

But it was that blantant 50m penalty that cost the lions.

Was clear as day Steele marked it and threw him to the ground pathetlic play.

50 M and kick truely for goal around 40ms out.

Game was done.

Jo was only just to keep it interesting but was too late for mine.

Just needed to control it for a 1 min or so and we win.

We did so.

Must say if we did not miss those goals late in quarter 3 then we would have won the game by then.

Missed goals was thinking this may cost us.

It didnt.

Tell you we really do control it well when its tight and play the moments really well.

Have a great day Pies.

We are now premiers.

Soak it in.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

In terms of off season injuires as far as i know its McStay for 8 weeks.Back training in December.

Murphy concussion.

Howe may have a fracture in his rib so me thinks be around xmas time for any type of training.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 25 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

3 broken ribs for howe
neil
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by neil »

Still hasnt sunk in
Hopefully next year the club can find a way to win games by 10 goals
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
joemamone@gmail.com

Post by joemamone@gmail.com »

Sidey's goal could not have been a torpedo as he swung out to the right to kick it. If it were a torpedo he would have not deviated off his line/
Believer
Jezza
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Jezza »

What a day! Just incredible and spine tingling as we made history.

Still hasn’t sunk in that we’re the PREMIERS!
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

joemamone@gmail.com wrote:Sidey's goal could not have been a torpedo as he swung out to the right to kick it. If it were a torpedo he would have not deviated off his line/
Watch his hand placement on the ball, he started as a torp and the wind took it. Sidey said he felt the wind behind him and Titch said go for it.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Jordy and Sideys bombs from outside 50. Ridiculous.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

LaurieHolden wrote:Jordy and Sideys bombs from outside 50. Ridiculous.
Loved their confidence. The look on Jordy’s face “**** Dunkley, I’ve got this”. And Sidey’s wile (wind at his back). damn awesome! Crispy kicked a beauty from 50 too.
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

About time Collingwood was on the right side of a close Grand Final!
Like most Collingwood fans, I dared to dream when Sidey put us 10 points up with the longest kick of his career but was thinking the worst when Daniher snapped truely to narrow the lead to just 4 points with just under 2mins left.
Great desperation by Tom Mitchell, who I had up there with Hill, Crisp & DeGoey as BOG, and calm execution by Pendlebury in that last minute to kill the game and wind down the clock.
Pendlebury does such a great job organising the team structure when on the field, his leadership is an ongoing strength of this team.
So many heroes from Collingwood’s team effort yesterday. Great day for Collingwood and its fans. Go Pies!
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Umpires were kissing the lions on the proverbial for three quarters. It was only that and our inaccuracy keeping them in it.
Get back on top.