Post Grand Final. Sweet 16. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Harrysz »

I agree with the comments regarding Jordy's goal in the last quarter, but I think you have to add to that Nick Daicos's contribution. He jumped in the air and did a lightning quick handball to Jordy. The combined skill of those two players to bring about a desperately needed goal was stratospheric!
mightypies90
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by mightypies90 »

bucking awesome wrote:Agree with all the sentiments here. The game itself was too stressful to enjoy but on reflection, the agony of the Country Road goal followed within a minute by Jordy's reply was definitely a highlight

Then front bums 100 metre kick (by next year it will be 150m) topped it off beautifully
What are you talking about, it was clearly 200m, but it was great and it was when I knew we would win.
The artist formerly known as schuey7.
Cakewalk Sublimity

Has Darcy taken the cup to Everest already?

Post by Cakewalk Sublimity »

Image (alt+p)[/img][/i]
--no man is poor except the one without Knowledge
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

After attending 4 losses 1990 was the best day of my life, I shared it with my sister.

2010 my daughter and I went to the draw but watched the replay in the ESPN sports bar in downtown Disney!

Seeing my daughters face on the siren, watching the smile, the screams, the tears, that’s all I’ve wanted for a long long time.

I will never ever forget that moment, and I don’t know if I believe or not but I said prayers at the end of the last 2 games and yes, chucked up a Thankyou at the siren!
Cheers
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
MagpieWhisperer35
Been liked: 3 times

Post by MagpieWhisperer35 »

The whole sequence from centre bounce after cameron put Lions in front.
Pendles asking daics why he doesn't want to be part of it, daics to pendles who kicks and by time ball arrives at CHF daics ready fir crumb hears degoey call to your right elects to reflex handball when he was going to thump ball, the finish by our super star degoey, the ecstasy and roar as it sailed through, the realisation the pies are not letting this slip.
Go Pies
Dark Beanie
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

[quote="doriswilgus"]The final siren and the after match celebrations,The game itself was too stressful to enjoy at the time.

But you can enjoy those great moments in the game by watching replays,as I’m doing now.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Sidey's 80-metre (ahem) bomb in the last had something of H's goal from 2010 for me.

I was pretty sure we had it at that point (was nearly very wrong of course).
stoliboy
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

De Goey’s goal in the last quarter that put us back in front. It has everything.
- Fly’s coaching with the set play call from the boundary
- Pendlebury’ son field leadership / coaching
- Nick Daicos brilliance with his two touches in the play (including the spinning handball)
- De Goey’s bull finish… those longish goals also have a huge building roar as the ball sails through the goals
- And the fact it was a momentum shifter

Could watch it forever!
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

The Black and White Lion wrote:
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR wrote:
BBHS wrote:This video is the best 5 minute summary I've seen so far, got the tears flowing.

https://fb.watch/nr41KSnVQV/
Thanks for posting!
At the 4:13ish mark Fly shushes Bobby and then points to something; Perhaps a live microphone belonging to the broadcaster? Love to know what Bobby was saying :)
thanks for the link, another great promo to watch. I reckon Fly had a screen and was looking at the clock. I reckon he showed Hill the clock with the time left. We were in a shutdown mode and at that point, I think it was before Mihocek takes the mark for the last long kick down the line. Hill runs on ahead of the play and is alone at the 50m line. Hoskin's kick would have gone to Hill if not for that smother and Hill had nothing but grass between him and the Punt Road goals
You might be right there!.... Certainly wasn't a shush but a discrete attempt at getting Bobby's attention; See a different view of it from 4:36. There is a red LED clock in the umpire's dug out [That ones for you Mason!] counting down and seems to stop at 1:36 but don't think that's indicating time left in the game???.... Guess it could be?
didick
Been liked: 1 time

Post by didick »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:Sidey's 80-metre (ahem) bomb in the last had something of H's goal from 2010 for me.

I was pretty sure we had it at that point (was nearly very wrong of course).
Mine too. Reminded me of H’s too but the consequences of this one were much bigger.
"The night is a very dark time for me" Chaz Michael Michaels
bally12

Post by bally12 »

Scenes from the crowd :
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cx9zhX0S ... BiNWFlZA==

Bucks after the gane outside the ground :
https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSNLuYmFG/
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

1st quarter
2nd quarter
3rd quarter
Final quarter
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Got to be final siren and that sureal feeling that we won the premiership
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

MagpieWhisperer35 wrote:The whole sequence from centre bounce after cameron put Lions in front.
Pendles asking daics why he doesn't want to be part of it, daics to pendles who kicks and by time ball arrives at CHF daics ready fir crumb hears degoey call to your right elects to reflex handball when he was going to thump ball, the finish by our super star degoey, the ecstasy and roar as it sailed through, the realisation the pies are not letting this slip.
What does that mean please?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Who thinks we can go back to back in 2024.

I do.