Post Grand Final. Sweet 16. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 88 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Good call on Lipinski shawthing. I was a harsh critic of his, particularly after his Prelim performance, however, he was a very good sub in the Grannie. Hopefully, he'll have more confidence in his shoulder next season and could have a great year.
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

^ I thought we were in trouble when Murph was subbed off, but geez our backs stood up. Lipinski came on and did a fantastic job. So many clever quick gives to set up play.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

shawthing wrote:...

One final mention, but I haven't included him in the list because we've never really doubted his talent, but Jack Crisp is an out and out star.
An elite kick who simply has the ability to destroy an opposition with his pace, long kicking and important goals.
The fact he did it against his old club that didn't want him will make him very proud indeed.
Was it a case of them not wanting Crisp, or wanting Beams more?
Crisp certainly played a few games in 2014 for bears, cutting us to bits in one at the MCG [ironically, one of their last few victories there...].

Beams leaving in 2014 trade period was THE greatest thing to happen to our club since 2010GF, yet as utterly devastated as I was at the time; it was the catalyst for obtaining the pick that secured DeGoey in ND, and steak knives included in Crisp.
We also nabbed Moore and Maynard that draft.
Sure it took 8-9 seasons to manifest and ultimately hit pay dirt, and a lot of pain and a change of coaches in that period, but the window is kicked wide open now, and hopefully we'll need another shelf in the trophy cabinet.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
orie
Been liked: 1 time

grand final

Post by orie »

Kingsofclutch wrote:
duggieboy wrote:
Jezza wrote:Goosebumps watching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIqnQ211Ohs
God this is good.

Worth bumping it up to here, if you haven't seen it yet.
I watched that and pulled out a pair of balled up socks and slotted the winning goal through the living room door with a perfect Peter McKenna drop punt like I was 9 years old again.
Skids you're in for a dynasty mate, not going anywhere.
Wow.. Brought tears to my eyes... again. like Grand Final day..
Beautifuly put together
'MADE IT LEGENDARY'
Presti35
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Presti35 »

piedys wrote:Beams leaving in 2014 trade period was THE greatest thing to happen to our club since 2010GF, yet as utterly devastated as I was at the time; it was the catalyst for obtaining the pick that secured DeGoey in ND, and steak knives included in Crisp.
We also got the pick we used to trade for Levi Greenwood. Too bad we didnt hold on in 2018.

But fast forward to 2023, and JDG & Crisp win a flag against the Lions. How strange.

When we traded Beams back in, I feel like that hurt the club. With a smarter move we could have added pieced needed to win in 2019, 20, 21... Im not sure if the Lions still have any of the pieces they received in the Beams return trade.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Presti35 »

Does anyone know if the club is inviting members in for a foto with the cup? They did in 2010. But haven't heard anything this time.

I guess they'll be a lot of ppl wanting the photo.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: grand final

Post by pietillidie »

orie wrote:
Kingsofclutch wrote:
duggieboy wrote: God this is good.

Worth bumping it up to here, if you haven't seen it yet.
I watched that and pulled out a pair of balled up socks and slotted the winning goal through the living room door with a perfect Peter McKenna drop punt like I was 9 years old again.
Skids you're in for a dynasty mate, not going anywhere.
Wow.. Brought tears to my eyes... again. like Grand Final day..
Beautifuly put together
As a huge border collie fan, your avatar never fails to catch my eye, Orie! It's been a long while now; is/was he a pet, or are you just a fancier?
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

So, how much longer does the Club go with the 'made it legendary" theme at the end of all the official videos. We're already defenestraing the list. It'd be nice to have a theme looking forward, since everyone has obviously moved on.
Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Harrysz »

Haff, Kane Cornes for most of the year said that Collingwood would be there on Grand Final Day. He also picked us to win in each of the 3 finals. I know he can be abrasive, but he might know something.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

I.Q and Bobby Hill on That’s Good for Footy

I.Q said “The support staff don’t get the recognition they deserve
But once a week players ,coaches and support staff have a meeting to discuss/ throw around ideas”

That’s massive
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Oh and another coup.

Just like Leppa headhunters from Brizzy tried to prize Scoota Selwood out

No folks he is staying. There’s a definite feeling to keep the team together for 2024 B 2 B
MagpieWhisperer35
Been liked: 3 times

Post by MagpieWhisperer35 »

Whatever Craig and the crew are cooking, tastes pretty good, I equate the feeling of winning this GF to being at the birth of my three children and the similar level of emotion, and losing a GF to a death in the family, it means that much. I have seen three wins so have three kids, and am looking to expand the brood, lets go for no.17 and really make the Blue Baggers suffer.
Go Pies
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

And Essenbums too
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:So, how much longer does the Club go with the 'made it legendary" theme at the end of all the official videos. We're already defenestraing the list. It'd be nice to have a theme looking forward, since everyone has obviously moved on.
i googled it, its spelt wrong!! tut tutt!

but i learnt a new word!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!