Pre-Match. Magpies v. Hawks. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

mattdally
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by mattdally »

[quote="lazzadesilva"]Noble will picked in the 18 to take the field. He deserves to be treated with respect unlike last season when he was dumped for the GF having played all year. That still doesn’t sit well with me irrespective of winning the flag
warburton lad
Been liked: 51 times

Post by warburton lad »

I love the fact that he grabs the ball and just takes off..
Yes, Noble turns the ball over on occasion, but when he runs 30 and kicks it 40, it is a 70 metre play in our advantage.
The benefit of a player running straight down the field at a defence cannot be understated. If we can synch our forwards leading patterns with N Daicos and Noble slicing through the middle, we can reclaim our scoring mojo.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Love Noble. If we can find a way so opposition don’t always get him one on one with a taller stronger opponent, we’ll be right. Markov replaced him because he can play tall, but once he started getting shut down and lost his run this year, Noble replaces him. It’s funny because IQ is surprisingly shorter than what he looks but plays on talls and has the run
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Mr Miyagi wrote:^

ME too, love him, heart as big as a pumpkin, as old jock said.! He should have played in the GF, and not that selfish little shit race track goer, Ginni. I will always believe that, too. Ginni did sweet FA in GF. Now hes with the piss an poop, will stage for frees against us, this match, count on it. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Sidey, Joe richards and harrison all on the extended bench. Interesting.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Hawthorn are undefeated in 2nd quarters this year.
Hawthorn have not won any other quarters this year.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Our HB line looks very different than last week
I suspect:
IC: [46] Mason Cox, [1] Patrick Lipinski, [9] John Noble, [25] Jack Crisp
EMERG: [22] Steele Sidebottom, [18] Finlay Macrae, [29] Joe Richards, [36] Harvey Harrison.

Markov will find it hard to get back in the team.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

Sidey in. With all due respect, those of you who think he needs to earn his spot back in and ‘show some form’ are on crack! Gave everything and tried to be everywhere for everyone first few games but was let down more often than not by those around him. Is the grease that keeps the black and white machine’s moving parts spinning and turning.
Richards in (not likely) We know what he can do in the VFL, maybe no time like the present to find out if he can do it in the big time? Won’t happen though…Fly just giving him a bit of a sniff and a reward for effort in the two’s. Opportunity to travel with the big boys. Also no game in the VFL this week
Harrison in (sub) An outside player but is he any good in the guts? Maybe bring him on the wing late and let McCreery have a run on ball? Now’s the time to find out. Won’t happen though. Another teaser by Fly to keep him hungry.
Macrae out. Sorry Finn, just haven’t shown enough to keep your spot. Could be given another chance considering no game this week in the VFL. Has shown SFA in 3 seasons so far and not sure he’s up to it, but God I hope he proves me wrong. Last chance saloon or back to the magoos, work hard, dominate, and earn your way back in the warrior way. Would be much better for him and CFC in the long run if he earnt it the hard way rather than gifted games out of desperation.

BTW Noble stays in until…..

PIES by 14
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
David
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Looks like Fin will be omitted, and sub either WHE or Sidey.

Crisp will be in the 22.
The threat to drop him last week galvanised him into action, and you can't afford to have a player of his calibre as the sub.

Don't buy into the boogey team mythology...especially under Fly. I think Fly is very much a ghostbuster.
We lost against them last year,when we were deep in a form slump, and could have lost to anyone.
Last game, we smashed the Brisbane "gabbatoir" bogey, so i think we will do the same on Sunday with the Hawthorn bogey.
The situation for us is vastly different from last year. Rather than meeting them in the depths of a form slump, we are meeting them on the up and up from a form slump. Confidence and pressure are now back in, and in the final analysis, these are the most important ins for us.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
David
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

For what it’s worth, Hoskin-Elliott has been named in the starting 18. Stranger things have happened, but that seems to suggest he’s not being considered for the sub role.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

IN Fly we trust, but it really is time to play kids, not just one match, then bring back the old brigade, the future beckons.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

No real changes this match.Noble to be rewarded.love him to play on Ginny.Looking forward seeing Richards for the first time and great to see Harvey back i saw him 1 or 2 matches at the MCG last year looks like a real tough nuggety type forward who loves to split the packs and jumps in there for the mark. Good kick for goal as well. Richards looks same type but can provide mid field run. We can try Side as sub. But i feel Crisp did a great job as sub as well.
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Sam Mitchell hints at (his) Collingwood plans
Will Hawthorn send Maginness to Daicos?

“...So, everyone knows more about Collingwood than they do most teams. There are certainly signatures to the way every team plays. They changed a couple of things last week. It’s pretty hard to win at the Gabba and they were pretty good. We’ve obviously got some plans for this week and we’ll see how we go."
* "One way that Hawthorn can take away a strength of the opposition is through using Finn Maginness as a tagger on one of Collingwood’s stars ...Whereas this week, genuinely I could not say if we’ve made that decision just yet. "
* "If not Daicos, Jordan De Goey could be a tagging target with opposition teams all trying to nullify his influence in 2024 following a dominant 2023 finals campaign."
“I don’t think it’s just those two,” Mitchell said. (re Jeremy Howe, Scott Pendlebury, Darcy Moore)

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/04/04/ ... ood-plans/
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
warburton lad
Been liked: 51 times

Post by warburton lad »

So Mitchell sends Maginness to Nick Daicos.
Cool. Send Nick Daicos to our goal square and clear out the Forward 50.
McRae's Meadow.....
I'd back Nick to score a minimum five goals by half time.

I'd rather be an unstoppable footy team than an unsociable one any day of the year.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...