#8 Lachie Schultz

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

^ I was joking. I was referencing the song by the Buggles. I have no idea if any Ginni related video is real or not.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
swooper
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by swooper »

RudeBoy wrote:I'm no expert, but I suspect he is being played a bit further up the ground than he did at Freo. With us, Bobby Hill is our main crumber close to goals. Schultz will likely get better as he adapts to our game plan and his teammates adapt to him. So far he's tracking nicely imho.
I agree with this. I think he will get better as the season progresses. I remember all the McStay negativity-talk at the start of last year ...now we are desperate to have him back in the side.

Also, Lachie kicked a great goal on ANZAC day :)
Presti35
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by Presti35 »

loki04 wrote:
Presti35 wrote:Will win the medal on Anzac Day.
Was barely sighted and when he was, he fumbled like crazy. We overpaid for a spot we relatively had covered and not a real NEED.
TBF, I didnt say what year. :P
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

Long flight from Perth, anyone know when Lacey’s flight gets in?
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Culprit wrote:The expectation from many was goals galore with Shultz coming into the squad. He's playing more upfield and is part of the pressure game to keep the ball in the forward line. His pressure on the ball carrier is intense.
Here here. He’s Giving us so much More than Ginni did defensively. The bloke try’s his guts out. At every contest. He’s a lock in our unorthodox forward line. He’s going nowhere.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

I thought he was very good in the first half tbh. Couldn’t resist a dig.
You feel like he’s going to have a massive game soon. Too gooder player to end up a bustx
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times

Post by What'sinaname »

For what he offers, we overpaid
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Haff wrote:I thought he was very good in the first half tbh. Couldn’t resist a dig.
You feel like he’s going to have a massive game soon. Too gooder player to end up a bustx
Yep, he was in it tonight but lacked a bit of polish and luck.

But any complaints about overpaid are way too early, it takes time and a forward at Collingwood is the hardest position in the league!!!
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

eddiesmith wrote: Yep, he was in it tonight but lacked a bit of polish and luck.
But any complaints about overpaid are way too early, it takes time and a forward at Collingwood is the hardest position in the league!!!
I thought he was important around stoppages in the second half and gave us some physical presence in the packs at times. He might get a holiday after he got sucked in by that Carlton scrub but those things happen.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Johnno75

Post by Johnno75 »

I thought he had a poor night with a few brain fades, the hack kick on the wing to absolutely no one when he could have given the handball off. The silly retaliation that could have cost us dearly.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^While it hasn't clicked for him yet, he's starting to find ways to influence the contest. One of the best ways to reset is to go back to basics, as he's been doing with improved tackling, grunt work and run. He was more important than you give him credit in a tough, gutsy win.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Newelly
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Newelly »

Johnno75 wrote:I thought he had a poor night with a few brain fades, the hack kick on the wing to absolutely no one when he could have given the handball off. The silly retaliation that could have cost us dearly.
As far as small forward trades from The Dockers we want more Medhurst less Schultz thus far
Chuffed to have seen 3 flag wins in my lifetime but still greedy for more.
blackmissionary

Post by blackmissionary »

Johnno75 wrote:I thought he had a poor night with a few brain fades, the hack kick on the wing to absolutely no one when he could have given the handball off. The silly retaliation that could have cost us dearly.
Lots of undisciplined acts with and without the ball.
blackmissionary

Post by blackmissionary »

Lots of undisciplined acts with and without the ball.
Culprit
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Culprit »

Shultz is the player many love to bag, we always have one. He's in my 22 simply for his pressure on the ball carrier. 7 tackles last night with two clearances. He made some errors but alas so did others. I keep saying the expectations of him have been way too high. Everyone wants mega goals and it just won't happen with our game plan as we spread/share the load.