Post Match. Pies win another thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

OH YE BASTARDS OF LITTLE FAITH, never in doubt, LOL. LOL. Truly, a victory comeback for the ages, I think it has to be best Magpies comeback ever, since early 70s, v Saints, at VP, I was there, young lad, we were 52 points down, won by 7 pts I recall. Great win, how sweet it is.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
magirl

Post by magirl »

Said by Zed wrote:BTW those baying for Sideys blood game after game STFU and pay credit to a superstar warrior! Awesome Sidey!
Class will always prevail. The guy is a superstar and so experienced and clever. Even if he is not the one doing it his guidance leads others to play better. I hope when he retires one day having played his whole career for us, it is long in the future when he is ready.
Last edited by magirl on Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Side by Side
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Said by Zed wrote:BTW those baying for Sideys blood game after game STFU and pay credit to a superstar warrior! Awesome Sidey!
They don’t mean it, just comments in the heat of the game. Miraculous win but it shouldn’t have been that close had we kicked better and the umpires hadn’t manufactured the tense finish.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

16 contested possessions, moved to play in the centre square when the team was desperate - just a (yet another) superstar performance - and that in game number 322 (one more than "Mr Football" managed). His detractors should give themselves time-out in the naughty corner.
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

I said at HT I had a “glimmer of hope” we could still win it despite the large deficit

Never completely lost faith. North deserve credit for giving us a cracking contest.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

That was a lesson in self belief for the younger players and some fans too. The boys found a way when we we were well down for much of the game. Bobby and Schultz (who kept us in the game btw) were both great. Sidey, Crisp, Nick Daicos all went up gears the longer the game went, however we we lucky in the end probably.
Last edited by Gerry Cooper on Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
GreekLunatic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

LOL at the North fans all 12 of them blaming the umps. Great win now onto the bye freshen up and get players back
winpies
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by winpies »

One of the best wins I have ever witnessed. This club under Fly keeps on keeping on. You bloody beauty Pies.
carn the mighty pies!
lihei
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by lihei »

Take the points and move on quickly. Go Woodsmen.
Cancel the Cancel Culture.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by Big T »

Piesnchess wrote:OH YE BASTARDS OF LITTLE FAITH, never in doubt, LOL. LOL. Truly, a victory comeback for the ages, I think it has to be best Magpies comeback ever, since early 70s, v Saints, at VP, I was there, young lad, we were 52 points down, won by 7 pts I recall. Great win, how sweet it is.

I’m just glad u took that dog for a walk!
Buon Giorno
lihei
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by lihei »

GreekLunatic wrote:LOL at the North fans all 12 of them blaming the umps. Great win now onto the bye freshen up and get players back
12? You exaggerate!
Cancel the Cancel Culture.
Born to Pie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

OMFG we got smashed by the worst team in the AFL...oh wait!

7 players with less than 20 games, no DeGoey, Elliott, Mitchell, Pendles, McStay, Mihocek and maybe Cox.

Side by side, unless we are losing, maybe they should have a membership for that!
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Big T wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:OH YE BASTARDS OF LITTLE FAITH, never in doubt, LOL. LOL. Truly, a victory comeback for the ages, I think it has to be best Magpies comeback ever, since early 70s, v Saints, at VP, I was there, young lad, we were 52 points down, won by 7 pts I recall. Great win, how sweet it is.

I’m just glad u took that dog for a walk!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I did it in last ten mins of the GF too and it worked a charm then. !! Its my secret weapon now.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

Crazy! Unbelievable! Shut those prick commentators right up. They were literally speechless on live TV…. Wankers!
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 200 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

I think I've just got my breath back 20minutes later. Just insane this modern Fly team! So grateful to be 3rd on the ladder. The AFL must be licking their lips with the current top 4. We could see some more crowd records this year.

Now I really have one big concern out of this 1 point win over the Roos. who the hell do I vote for now in the MOTY! Bobby Hill you beauty. Pies fans everywhere how are we going make a Jamie Bobby MOTY call?
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark