Ricky Oh Oh admits the bleedin' obvious!

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mike
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Mike »

Magpie Greg

I hope this is an end to it!

This seems to be more than another 'I don't like this player because he doesn't pull his weight' issue for you. I don't know what Rick Olarenshaw has done to you and I don't need to know, but I'm sick of the one man crusade against him. You have really tested my tolerance on this issue.
Spidergirl

Post by Spidergirl »

4 **** SAKE MAGPIE GREG I (AND I BET EVERYONE ELSE ON HERE) HAVE HAD AN ABSOLUTE GUTFULL OF YOUR SHIT ON RICKY!!!!! IT IS JUST GETTING SO TIRING. HOW LONG ARE YOU GONNA KEEP UP THIS PICKING ON HIM. I AM SERIOUSLY SICK 2 DEATH OF IT. WHAT IS YOUR OBSESSION WITH BAGGING HIM HA??? HAS HE DONE SOMETHING TO YOU, HAVE U EVEN MET HIM??? IT WAS STUPID OF ME TO EVEN THINK THAT U WOULD HAVE HAD ENOUGH BRAINS TO ACTUALLY SHUT YOUR FACE FOR ONCE AFTER ALL YOUR OTHER CRAP WAS DELETED OFF HERE OR ARE U TOO DUMB TO NOTICE THAT IT WAS ALL TAKEN OFF. WHY DONT YOU TAKE SOME TIME TO HAVE A NICE LONG THINK ABOUT WHY IT WAS ACTUALLY TAKEN OFF HERE MAYBE THEN U WILL BE TOO SHIT SCARED TO WRITE ANY MORE CRAP ON HERE AGAIN!!!!!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!
NICK THE PIE MAN

Post by NICK THE PIE MAN »

Shut your mouth Magpie Greg!!!
NICK THE PIE MAN

Post by NICK THE PIE MAN »

No Magpie Greg,
With the way our season is going i wouldn't mind seeing Ricky back. We need every player availible. Stop your discrimination towards him! You have no reason to keep knocking him! Get over it!
Spidergirl

Post by Spidergirl »

Why dont u just give up Magpie Greg u are only making a fool out of yourself. Don't u think that this whole world knows your thoughs on Ricky by now. It has just dragged on and on all year and as a very big fan of Rickys i am fu@k!ng sick of hearing u bagging him over and over again. For god sake even those who aren't big Ricky fans are sick of hearing your shit about him. I bet you have never even taken any notice of how Ricky has played when he has actually gotten a game, you just want to bag him all the time regardless of how good a player he is when hes not injured! If you support Collingwood i can't understand why you have such a strong hate for one of our players ?!?

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!
Mike
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Mike »

Magpie Greg

If you read what I posted above again you'll see that I was saying that I hoped that your anti-Olarenshaw crusade was at an end, not that I had a problem with your post. The only problem that I have with this thread is that it is one more in a series that I find personally distasteful, but that's not why the others were removed.

You have every right to your opinions about any player, as anyone does, but you don't have a right on a board, that I'm legally responsible for, to say whatever you like.

You know as well as I do that it's not your criticism of Olarenshaw I object to, but the fact that in the act of criticising you jeopardise not only my well being, but that of the very board that you're using to make that criticism.

You are not being victimised, I respect you as a fellow Collingwood supporter, and obviously a passionate one, but that doesn't mean I can allow you to say whatever you like on this bulletin board.

As for your message to me yesterday, I replied to that yesterday, so you already know my feelings.

This is an important issue. Anybody who's been around this board for any length of time will know that both Nick and I have a non-intervention policy. We don't delete or edit posts at whim, so the very fact that I did remove those threads meant that I felt that it was very important to do so.

It is important that every person using this board is aware that there is a threshold that can't be crossed and just what that threshold is, so as neither of us said anything personal or confidential, I'm going to post the messages which passed between us last night which go some way to explaining the my actions.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Dear Mike

You post may explain to me what happened to the other threads I had going on Ricky. I wasnt warned or advised this would happen.

I didnt know why the satirical song about him was deleted, and I thought today's post which has apparently tested you tolerance was quite mild compared to other things I read on the Board. e.g [names removed] especially on the Guest Book.

But anyway, after reading your post, I tried to delete the new thread I created, but couldnt as only you can do it. So go ahead and do it with my blessing. However, I will keep an eye out for criticism of other players such as Sav etc, and hope that your tolereance levels are equally as high or as low as they obviously are on the Olarenshaw threads.

If you are consistent, I have no cause for complaint.

I will particularly be interested in the level of swearing and personal abuse of fellow posters, as I believe this is another example of the "evil" you do not wish to see on the BB.

Anyway, keep up the good work

Yours in Magpieness
magpie greg
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Greg

I am not against criticism of any player as long as it's kept on the field - so no, you won't be seeing me deleting critical posts of other players, unless they become personal.

Admittedly, the bulk of your criticism was directed at Ricky Olarenshaw as a player, but there was always that undercurrent that he was also unacceptable as a person. It almost amounted to a crusade against him.

Similar criticism of players like Watson, Patterson, Wild etc. were probably just as fervent, but they always concentrated on playing ability - and that's the difference. The personalities of these players is not public property, their ability as footballers is.

The posts I deleted I was always uncomfortable with, but let them sit until they had dropped down the list before I removed them, they seemed to be a closed issue.

As I said to Joffa the other day, we don't make a habit of interfering with posts, there wouldn't be much point having a bulletin board if we did - in fact I think the Olarenshaw threads were the first we've ever deleted out of hand.

I'm a great believer in freedom of speech, but the bulletin board is not a democracy. Ultimately, in law, I am responsible for every post - that's not a democratic environment. So, unfortunately, the board is at my mercy, even more so than Nick's because he's a minor and I'm responsible for him too, and being human I will probably be inconsistent.

I try to be fair, but you can't get it right all the time. When you're feeling critical of the way we administer the bb, just remember that it's a love job, we do it for nothing, we have no vested interests - we just try to do it right. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
BecLovesChippa

Post by BecLovesChippa »

I am getting a bit sick of hearing about Ricky. But he was a waste he has hardly played because of injuries and I don't think he is a real good player anyway. Sorry Spidergirl I know you like him alot.